So yeah, the PC version is coming to Steam! Awesome.

#1U1gitaroomanPosted 5/31/2012 1:02:36 PM
I was pretty hype to hear this. I think I'm gonna pick it up. It's a tough decision, though, because of the supposed "no increase in graphics" thing.

Then again, I think even the basic Geforce control panel options can turn on AA and Antiotrophic filtering.

Have you guys heard the news? Now if they'd only release Dragon's dogma...
---
It could be anything.
Because clearly this is the board for orange soda and five dollar foot longs. What on earth did you think he meant, if not the game?
#2TerraFlare190Posted 5/31/2012 1:05:12 PM
Me detesting steam I couldn't care less about it going to steam. However from someone who actually likes steam, what is so good about it?
---
"We are condemned to be free" Jean-Paul Sartre
#3RevengeLobsterPosted 5/31/2012 1:06:04 PM
They're still using GFWL though =( Wish they would just take it out...
#4Magoo111Posted 5/31/2012 1:06:44 PM
Steam is the best digital distribution platform currently available with awesome in-game integration, excellent support, awesome sales, and a corporate backer that actually gives a s*** about its consumers.

What is there to NOT like about Steam?
---
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[ ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| ]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]
#5LegoTechnicPosted 5/31/2012 1:13:54 PM
What is there to NOT like about Steam?

No Mass Effect 3.

...I hate you, EA. It's not like I wanted to play your stupid game anyway.. >_>
---
Bane even prayed for Dick when he became Batman. -- Frostbite_Zero
#6TMRavenPosted 5/31/2012 1:13:56 PM
Increased resolution is enough of an increase in graphics to me. Going from 1280x720 to 2560x1440 is more than worth it.
---
www.armoredcoreuniverse.net
#7Frank_PoolePosted 5/31/2012 1:23:01 PM
TerraFlare190 posted...
Me detesting steam I couldn't care less about it going to steam. However from someone who actually likes steam, what is so good about it?

I would like to know why you detest Steam.
#8U1gitarooman(Topic Creator)Posted 5/31/2012 1:34:41 PM
Interesting...I didn't quite expect these type of responses! lol.

Terra- we'll get to you in a bit.
Revengelobster- While I don't like GFWL myself....I don't see why a person would hate that it is coming out on both. I'm interested to know why you'd rather see it removed from DS when, by coming to Steam too, it doesn't really effect you in the slightest.

Lego- When I heard about EA not releasing ME3 on Steam, I blamed EA, not Steam. I don't think it's so much "Something to hate about Steam" as much as it is "something to hate about EA"

Terra- I'm gonna not fanboy over Steam here because that isn't exactly what this thread is about.... but yeah Steam is basically the best, most realistic option for PC gaming today. I'll concede, the most ideal solution is no DRM etc etc... but the companies feel like they have to have some kind of structure in place to combat piracy. Taking that out of the equation, even, and you're still left with several compelling reasons to use Steam. It's matchmaking features seem pretty much unchallenged by any other service, they don't spy into your system like Origin and Steam isn't as system intensive as GFWL (I think). Cloud Storage and being able to access your games on any system you install and log into steam on is great. and the last thing I'm gonna say about it is you can even play games in offline mode! Some people say you can't, and there is a glitch that sometimes prevent you from switching to offline mode if you don't currently have an internet connection (which is VERY VERY annoying) but it was meant to allow you to.

Wait, one more thing, the legendary Steam sales! Twice a year they have huge sales for a week at a time, every week they have a mid-week sale, and every DAY they have a new game on sale.

Honestly, a lot of hate Steam gets seems to be based on misinformation or unrealistic expectations.
---
It could be anything.
Because clearly this is the board for orange soda and five dollar foot longs. What on earth did you think he meant, if not the game?
#9TerraFlare190Posted 5/31/2012 3:57:06 PM
Sorry people, feel asleep. Reason's why I hate steam would be simply
1.) No resell of games I don't play anymore.
2.) Need for online access to install a game to my system. Especially a game that's ALL single player.
3.) While this shouldn't a be a problem if you don't do anything you're not supposed to do, I take issue with being banned meaning I lose everything I purchased.

All of these are personal reasons but are things I just can't overlook. I've explained my reasoning to steam users before(fanboys were really easy to spot) some explained things in a way that put steam in a better light but at the end these were the remaining reasons why I don't like steam, detest my have been a bit strong. I understand what steam sets out to do, I just don't agree with it's execution.
---
#10TerraFlare190Posted 5/31/2012 4:02:26 PM
U1gitarooman posted...
Interesting...I didn't quite expect these type of responses! lol.

Terra- we'll get to you in a bit.
Revengelobster- While I don't like GFWL myself....I don't see why a person would hate that it is coming out on both. I'm interested to know why you'd rather see it removed from DS when, by coming to Steam too, it doesn't really effect you in the slightest.

Lego- When I heard about EA not releasing ME3 on Steam, I blamed EA, not Steam. I don't think it's so much "Something to hate about Steam" as much as it is "something to hate about EA"

Terra- I'm gonna not fanboy over Steam here because that isn't exactly what this thread is about.... but yeah Steam is basically the best, most realistic option for PC gaming today. I'll concede, the most ideal solution is no DRM etc etc... but the companies feel like they have to have some kind of structure in place to combat piracy. Taking that out of the equation, even, and you're still left with several compelling reasons to use Steam. It's matchmaking features seem pretty much unchallenged by any other service, they don't spy into your system like Origin and Steam isn't as system intensive as GFWL (I think). Cloud Storage and being able to access your games on any system you install and log into steam on is great. and the last thing I'm gonna say about it is you can even play games in offline mode! Some people say you can't, and there is a glitch that sometimes prevent you from switching to offline mode if you don't currently have an internet connection (which is VERY VERY annoying) but it was meant to allow you to.

Wait, one more thing, the legendary Steam sales! Twice a year they have huge sales for a week at a time, every week they have a mid-week sale, and every DAY they have a new game on sale.

Honestly, a lot of hate Steam gets seems to be based on misinformation or unrealistic expectations.

You sound like most of the guys on Tom's Hardware. Not condescending and still able to get the points of why steam is great across. Maybe someday I'll be able to overlook these and just dive in. Starcraft 2, diablo 2 & 3, the witcher 2, skyrim(PS3 owned now) are a few of the many games I want to play on the PC.
---