PvE Dex/?? Build?

#1BeowulfAzurielPosted 6/2/2012 9:45:26 AM
I've gotten the urge to play some dark souls again and am trying to decide what build to use. I really want to go with a Dex build using the balder sword. Im on the fence about a secondary ability if any i have never used faith but i have heard dex/faith is pretty good but no experience building one and most of the builds i see are PvP which i have no interest in. Also i plan to use Pyromancy since the only real requirement is a bit of attunement and i really like the fire aspect.

Can anyone offer me some advice or a good Pve dex build? Thanks for the help.
---
"I think it would be great to make a guy's head explode by just staring at him." - George Carlin R.I.P.
#2BigWilliePlaysPosted 6/2/2012 9:50:39 AM
One of my favorite dex/int builds using Power Within and the Baller Swag Sword.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bBKtlY1LH4
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/EpicNameBro
[Dark Souls, Japanese Game Previews, Retro Stuff]
#3NashtheLionPosted 6/2/2012 10:26:53 AM
That is an awesome build.
---
I left in love, in laughter, and in truth, and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit. - Bill Hicks
#4BeowulfAzuriel(Topic Creator)Posted 6/2/2012 10:38:17 AM
BigWilliePlays posted...
One of my favorite dex/int builds using Power Within and the Baller Swag Sword.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bBKtlY1LH4

Ah Epic i know that video well, ive been a subscriber since you stared uploading DS vids, and have been considering it also my only problem is early game with it and the low vit concerns me a bit since i am nowhere near as good as you are at playing with skill. Also i was really hoping to use an upgraded pyro flame
---
"I think it would be great to make a guy's head explode by just staring at him." - George Carlin R.I.P.
#5BeowulfAzuriel(Topic Creator)Posted 6/2/2012 10:59:54 AM(edited)
I actually think i will run this build and then make a pyro at a later date after watching the vid again it just looks to fun to pass up.

Also thanks to you Epic for making awesome videos with always entertaining commentary.

One thing i didnt see in the vid is starting class im guessing start with a Pyromancer for the build?
---
#6BigWilliePlaysPosted 6/2/2012 11:14:18 AM
Yeah, I usually start pyros or thieves. The low vit and end can be a problem, so the Ring of Favor is useful for this one. Another option is to just stay with a dex build and use Power Within, but drop the Int part in favor of more Vit. There are lots of ways you can take it, really.

I wouldn't have mentioned it but... pyro flame + BSS + PvE... perfect fit haha!

On another note, which type of build do you think you'll run with the DLC? I'm still experimenting with some Oolacilian thieves now!
---
#7L10nH34RtPosted 6/2/2012 11:21:23 AM(edited)
BigWilliePlays posted...
On another note, which type of build do you think you'll run with the DLC? I'm still experimenting with some Oolacilian thieves now!

Very interested in this! Please do share! Katana/Dagger combo I presume?

Also, mad props for your vids!
#8slayer921Posted 6/2/2012 11:24:03 AM
make a regular dex build, or dex/pyro build. If u need buffs, use resins or PW
---
PSN : Hobbes921
\o/.....................OTL
#9BeowulfAzuriel(Topic Creator)Posted 6/2/2012 1:18:33 PM
Not really sure about the next build i might try a full caster or some kind of RP maybe a black knight rp i guess it depends on what new weapons and other additions are added.
---
#10BigWilliePlaysPosted 6/2/2012 6:15:52 PM
L10nH34Rt posted...
BigWilliePlays posted...

Very interested in this! Please do share! Katana/Dagger combo I presume?

Also, mad props for your vids!

Thanks man! I'm mostly playing around with the Slumbering Dragoncrest Ring + Hornet / Wolf Rings + Hidden Body, Chameleon, etc., and Aural Decoy. Basically just using various support magics and trying to find fun ways to use stealth. I've been using the Target Shield / Parrying Dagger a lot. I may use the Crystal Ring Shield for its resists, actually. I gave some thought to the Magic Warrior's Round Shield... some of the best magic defense in the game (3rd I think for all shields?). It's fun if you want to be able to parry physicals but want to block magic.

For boss battles, I might go with the Painting Guardian sword + Crystal Magic Weapon. I'm not sure. I've been sporting the Oolacile Catalyst just for kicks, but I may swap it out if I take my Int up for additional spells.

I've also been experimenting in PvP with using a Notched Whip + Priscilla's Dagger combo. It's not the most effective, but it's interesting. You use the Whip to build up Bleed on the enemy (can't be parried) and then when you think you can Bleed them swap to PD for the high bleed payoff.

Really, at this point, I'm more interested in trying out odd weapons and spells than trying to come up with traditional builds, I guess. Undead Rapport is on my list of things to play with as well.

Eh, sorry for the long-winded reply!
---