PHoToS999's PvP Challenge

#1PHoToS999Posted 7/5/2012 12:35:45 AM
Rules of the challenge:
1. Health must be at or below 100hp before the battle begins.
2. Competitors soul level must be at or below 60.
3. Thorn armor is prohibited.
4. All other rules must be agreed upon by the players. This includes everything, including spells, glitches, roll bs'ing, etc.

The point in this challenge is to multiply the intensity of the battle as well as wean players off of a shield due to the lack of elemental resistance. Normally unusable weapons instantly become viable, allowing for greater modulation in builds as well as in the use of moveset as backstabs are no longer required. Parries become incredibly risky, and slow weapons easily punishable.

Extra parameters can include:
Fat roll
No shield
No pyro
No weapons
Spellswitch on
Spells only
Ranged only
Too heavy weapons
Cannot roll
Poisoned
Toxic
Pw
Only r2
Only left hand

Anything that could up your skills for pvp or would be just plain fun.

And if you would like to make and link to videos of this challenge, please feel welcome to.
---
Silvy owns my pants...and my soul.
My R1 button needs to be fixed. For some reason, every time I use it a few times, things die. -- Jonvandamm
#2Tasgrav_NashaPosted 7/5/2012 1:11:51 AM
Wouldn't it be better to make it 500hp and less? I mean less than 100 seems to be kinda stretching it, unless they only use fists and ripostes. But thats just my general opinion.

Nya~
---
If I were a Jellyfish....I'd make krabby patties taste better XD
PSN ID: Rashan-Rei
#3PHoToS999(Topic Creator)Posted 7/5/2012 1:29:17 AM
I did think about that. The point is that a single hit can end the battle. It doesn't matter what from, it can end it.

The reasoning behind 100hp is that things that matter at, say 500hp and up, don't matter anymore, and other things matter so much more.

Think about the most epic battles. The cool parts probably weren't at high hp, they were probably after you have such a small sliver of health and all hope is lost and then bam! you beat down three guys.

What I mean this to be is a high intensity pvp exercise.
When your health is low, what do you do?
---
Silvy owns my pants...and my soul.
My R1 button needs to be fixed. For some reason, every time I use it a few times, things die. -- Jonvandamm
#4AnamawcityPosted 7/5/2012 2:13:23 AM
Decent idea, although i prefer just the 0 poise rule.

That along with no hornet ring/healing is my favorite kind of fights.

Too many restrictions turn me off.
---
Favorite games~ Chrono Trigger, FFVI, Super Metroid, RE4, Dead Space, Bioshock, Ico/SoTC, LoZ: ALttP, Xenoblade, Super Mario 3/World/Rpg, Lunar 1/2, Dark Souls
#5badbadkittyPosted 7/5/2012 5:21:55 AM
Wow you are guys are just way to good at this game! Heck yesterday in Anor Londo I was getting worked by GC, WOTG, and lord knows what other crazy things while running around with my little two handed reinforced club 0 poise dude. i eventually won a couple when I broke down and ascended it to lightning. I couldn't even imagine trying pvp with just 100 hp.

I hope to never run into any of you in a dark Blightown alley!
#6Parsl5kPosted 7/5/2012 5:29:37 AM
Anamawcity posted...

Unless I'm mistakening you for someone else, your position on dueling sure has changed hasn't it?
#7szathmabPosted 7/5/2012 5:47:47 AM
Getting killed by one hit is not that much fun. You pretty much rule out all strength weapons unless its a mirror fight. Might as well make it a hornets ring bs only fight and see who can get the ohko. Alot of weapons on this game have crazy phantom hit boxes. Mainly all katanas running r1 and the washing pole.
---
PSN- ALLHAILHK, AHK-HK, HK-AHK-HK(WhaleForce)
#8AnamawcityPosted 7/5/2012 6:02:23 AM
Parsl5k posted...
Anamawcity posted...

Unless I'm mistakening you for someone else, your position on dueling sure has changed hasn't it?

Don't presume to know how I play from a few words I type on here. If I'm dueling I don't use any cheese tactics, whereas when I'm in the forest I use the typical 76 poise+Hornet combo.

Depends on what I'm doing.

0 poise fights are really fun though, I suggest you guys try it out. (Area before ceaseless discharge)
---
Favorite games~ Chrono Trigger, FFVI, Super Metroid, RE4, Dead Space, Bioshock, Ico/SoTC, LoZ: ALttP, Xenoblade, Super Mario 3/World/Rpg, Lunar 1/2, Dark Souls
#9Burst_StreamPosted 7/5/2012 6:11:28 AM
76 Poise is unnecessary in the Forest.
---
PSN: TekkenSushiEXE, Tek-Burst_Stream
http://tekburststream.imgur.com/all/
#10Parsl5kPosted 7/5/2012 6:22:12 AM
Anamawcity posted...
Don't presume to know how I play from a few words I type on here. If I'm dueling I don't use any cheese tactics, whereas when I'm in the forest I use the typical 76 poise+Hornet combo.

Depends on what I'm doing.

0 poise fights are really fun though, I suggest you guys try it out. (Area before ceaseless discharge)

Still eager to jump on people I see. Refer to the thread where you berated anyone who mentioned anything negative about backstabbing. "Depends on what I'm doing" is a big departure from what you said.