What are the best PvP weapons?

#11GustotronPosted 7/9/2012 1:49:33 PM
MLGS is great because it deals magic damage - which most armors have the lowest resistance to. It's moveset and reach are inferior to the Claymore however it's damage is far greater sans +15/DMB.

I would throw the Great Scythe and pretty much any spear onto that list. Demon Spear, in particular, has absurd reach and low requirements.
#12McKnighrider01Posted 7/9/2012 1:51:55 PM
Moonlight greatsword is awsome for any int builds. However if you come across someone with great magic barrier. You might as well jump off a cliff and die because its game over. Back stabs don't even break 100 damage against someone with GMB haha.
---
PSN_mcknightrider01
#13whatupeveryonehPosted 7/9/2012 1:53:17 PM
McKnighrider01 posted...
Moonlight greatsword is awsome for any int builds. However if you come across someone with great magic barrier. You might as well jump off a cliff and die because its game over. Back stabs don't even break 100 damage against someone with GMB haha.

Yep.
It's going to suck hard.
#14AnamawcityPosted 7/9/2012 2:05:41 PM
Gustotron posted...
MLGS is great because it deals magic damage - which most armors have the lowest resistance to. It's moveset and reach are inferior to the Claymore however it's damage is far greater sans +15/DMB.

I would throw the Great Scythe and pretty much any spear onto that list. Demon Spear, in particular, has absurd reach and low requirements.

For the armors most used in pvp magic def is higher than lightning, so just go vit elemental build with that logic.
---
Favorite games~ Chrono Trigger, FFVI, Super Metroid, RE4, Dead Space, Bioshock, Ico/SoTC, LoZ: ALttP, Xenoblade, Super Mario 3/World/Rpg, Lunar 1/2, Dark Souls
#15DemonSoulLokiPosted 7/9/2012 2:21:12 PM
McKnighrider01 posted...

A knowledgeable player would either stall on time or switch to a physical weapon like a +15 to counter Great Magic Barrier. Remember, GMB will only protect against Magical attributes but not physical proportions.
---
Effort gives confident in oneself as Pride does not equal ability. ~DemonSoulLoki
#16Orochi_LedePosted 7/9/2012 2:33:20 PM
Anamawcity posted...
Orochi_Lede posted...
Dustinht posted...
I can't really explain why MLGS is so good, having not used it much myself.

Care to explain?

Standerd good move sets great swords have plus the r2 is very good if you time it well, especially on runners.

great scaling with magic as it's only magic damage. so it will really hurt people with low magic defense.

*Crest Shield*

"Sup MLGS, oh don't worry I'm just going to make you pretty much useless"

Between Int builds, DMB and WoG I pretty much prefer this shield over grass crest most of the time.

Yes, because you can block while you are running away from someone with your back turned right? iv gotten many people with it because i actually know how to use it properly, not mindless spam r1 and r2 when someone is blocking, nice try tho.

it's still a great weapon, but only if you're not a moron.
#17Zakat82Posted 7/10/2012 2:22:50 AM
Best Dex / Quality
- Estoc - Great BS dmg, quick, has a great R2 attack (especially for lock-off play)
- Iato - Bleed, quick, has a great R2
- Balder Side Swag - good mix of slashing & piercing attacks, quick, swag.
- Silver Knight Sword - pure Swag !
- Shotel - goes through Shields, left handing parry swag, great combos, very fast swings
- Chaos Blade - Best Katana for non buff play, long reach
- Silver Knight Spear - Huge range, fast, great for off handing
- Flamberge - underrated, bleed, stun, has a great R2 when fighting locked off, fast 2h
- Claymore - epic move set, stun, great slashing / pierce mix, fast 2h
- Murakumo - great reach, stun, great lock off play, great DMG...GREAT !
- Great Scythe - dead angles like a boss, bleed, great R2
- Washing Pole - range (i hate this one)
- Sunlight Straight Sword - great move set, quick

Best Str
- Man Serpent Great sword - great move set / combos, stun
- Large club - R1 roll = win, good R2 for lock off play
- Great Club - better DMG than LClub but crap R2, still great because of Roll R1
- Zwei / GSword - epic lock off play, stun
- Great Axe - great DMG, stun

Best INT
- Moonlight Great sword - epic stun capabilities, fast 2h, great R2 if used correctly

Best FAI
-N/A

I didn't put BKGA here cose i think it's crap !
---
PsN: Katakato
XBL: Katakato
#18eugene1222Posted 7/10/2012 2:52:08 AM
Dragonslayer spear
Claymore
Balder side sword

Best 3 imo with no particular order, great scythe is up there if you can learn how to use it, so are the large/great clubs and katanas.

The rest is up to how good the player is really, but if you take the best players out there, and give them weapons other than these as opposed to these, then they will always come out on top with these 3.
---
'You know what they call a quarter pounder in France? Royale with cheese' 'And what do they call a whopper?' 'I Dunno, I didnt go into burger king'
#19SnizlitoPosted 7/10/2012 4:43:53 AM
Dual caestus, one chaos one lightning. Boxing is fun and effective.
---
PSN-SOMD_LOVE
#20moodyjm2Posted 7/10/2012 5:04:51 AM
whatupeveryoneh posted...
^Agreed. and there are more.
I'd just like to give special praise to MLGS, which I think is one of the top top top weapons in the game.

Agreed, if not the best.
---
GT: DragonSoundxSG
"Say goodnight Manuel."