Legit low lvl pvp

#1Cvdf3Posted 7/10/2012 4:56:50 PM
I'm talking starting class level (possibly up to sl 10); using any equipment you can use with those stats (no upgrades) Are there people interested in this? Or are there any people already doing this? If not I have a decent idea for setting it up.

I know the popular spots have all been filled with gankers and cookie cutter builds, so I thought this might be a cool way for people interested in real fights to get them with some new variety and challenge.
#2Hellfire-1Posted 7/10/2012 5:22:59 PM
Cvdf3 posted...
I'm talking starting class level (possibly up to sl 10); using any equipment you can use with those stats (no upgrades) Are there people interested in this? Or are there any people already doing this? If not I have a decent idea for setting it up.

I know the popular spots have all been filled with gankers and cookie cutter builds, so I thought this might be a cool way for people interested in real fights to get them with some new variety and challenge.

Well, I have a legit SL 1 darkwraith from my SL 1 playthrough, all gear got during the playthrough, no Glitching.

I like to PvP at low levels, but it's not that popular with most people.
---
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
#3lucky_sharm19Posted 7/10/2012 5:23:51 PM
There's certainly a fair bit of low lvl pvp going on. But good luck finding "legit" low lvl pvp. Without getting flattened by Bottomless Box glitchers.
---
PSN: GSPhantom
#4Cvdf3(Topic Creator)Posted 7/10/2012 6:43:44 PM
I was talking about setting up an area where people could go (red soapstone) with a legit low lvl character and fight others.

I was thinking somewhere like the pit in Blighttown where you find the dragon scale. Like a private dueling club or something (as that sounds kind of goofy) for low lvl only characters.

I know a lot of people complain about the amount of actual duels, so I was hoping to give them a place where they know there are real duels and no bs. Plus it would save people some time with creating 120 characters and come up with some new strategies.
#5Bandmaster7Posted 7/10/2012 7:15:35 PM
I think its a good idea, but pyromancy spamming could become a problem. You can max that out without being a high sl. You'd have to set some pretty strict rules for this to work properly. (limited armor sets, weapons, pyro lvls, certain spells, etc.)
---
"YOU HAVE DIED OF DYSENTERY" (Oregon Trail)
PSN=FreakDude
#6Cvdf3(Topic Creator)Posted 7/10/2012 7:23:45 PM
Bandmaster7 posted...
I think its a good idea, but pyromancy spamming could become a problem. You can max that out without being a high sl. You'd have to set some pretty strict rules for this to work properly. (limited armor sets, weapons, pyro lvls, certain spells, etc.)

Yes a large part of it would be based on integrity. That is why I'm wondering if there are people actually interested; I figure if people are actually willing to abide by some guidelines it could grow into something pretty cool.
#7lost_ariesPosted 7/10/2012 7:57:05 PM
I could help you form a club to do this but there would have to be a little bit more freedom to get people actually interested.

1. Lv 25 should be the min/max

2. Maxed weapons should be optional

3. Locations should be optional (Although I do like the blight town pit. Reminds me of Fight Club)

Other locations:

Sens Fort Rooftop
Painted World Colosseum
Hydra Lake (Rust Ring/DWGR low poise fights)
Undead Parish Church
Catacombs

-
You could even make a daily schedule if you wanted. We could assign people as hosts too.
---
PSN: AbyssalSoulDemon PSN: DarkLordSen
U better not run...
#8Cvdf3(Topic Creator)Posted 7/10/2012 8:31:06 PM
the only problem I have with maxed weapons is that will basically result in 1 hit kills, plus with un-upgraded gear there is no pressure to have all maxed out gear to be effective; you grab you stuff and get to the area, no fuss. But nothing is set in stone.

As for level, I wanted to recreate what the undead burg should have been like; but again these are just ideas and are susceptible to people's whims should they be interested.

The areas you mentioned would be cool; I thought of Blighttown since it has very easy access (again trying to maintain little work with character creation), and it is right next to a bonfire.

Hopefully having hosts wouldn't be necessary, ideally they would become low lvl hotspots (I know people are busy so self a self governed community is needed). But if people want to host for fun that would be great.
#9PHoToS999Posted 7/10/2012 8:59:51 PM
If you have lightning +5 weapons and stuff, the burg is great for dueling at sl25. About 1 in 20 people are just lowbies, and the rest are mostly there to honor duel.
---
Silvy owns my pants...and my soul.
My R1 button needs to be fixed. For some reason, every time I use it a few times, things die. -- Jonvandamm
#10Cvdf3(Topic Creator)Posted 7/12/2012 11:31:27 PM
I know this got buried but I thought I'd bring it up again just in case, especially with all the recent post complaining about low lvl pvp and general pvp, otherwise I'll drop it. ;)
I've been trying it out in the burg and aside from gankers it's been pretty fun.

Some things I've noticed: low lvl allows different weapons to be useful when they wouldn't be at normal pvp levels (fist weapons and whips :o), skill allocation is very important (i.e. in order to use a claymore, which could be overpowered, you have to level up str. exclusively) yay strategy, weapon and armor variety are surprisingly refreshing (no giants, zaphanders, bkga's, etc.)

My setup:
rh1: estoc lh1: spear
rh2: pyro flame lh2: wood shield
all +0

I just figured with all the complaints about cheap bs in the game we could set a way to get away from it.

???