Legit low lvl pvp

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls
  3. Legit low lvl pvp
4 years ago#1
I'm talking starting class level (possibly up to sl 10); using any equipment you can use with those stats (no upgrades) Are there people interested in this? Or are there any people already doing this? If not I have a decent idea for setting it up.

I know the popular spots have all been filled with gankers and cookie cutter builds, so I thought this might be a cool way for people interested in real fights to get them with some new variety and challenge.
4 years ago#2
Cvdf3 posted...
I'm talking starting class level (possibly up to sl 10); using any equipment you can use with those stats (no upgrades) Are there people interested in this? Or are there any people already doing this? If not I have a decent idea for setting it up.

I know the popular spots have all been filled with gankers and cookie cutter builds, so I thought this might be a cool way for people interested in real fights to get them with some new variety and challenge.

Well, I have a legit SL 1 darkwraith from my SL 1 playthrough, all gear got during the playthrough, no Glitching.

I like to PvP at low levels, but it's not that popular with most people.
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
4 years ago#3
There's certainly a fair bit of low lvl pvp going on. But good luck finding "legit" low lvl pvp. Without getting flattened by Bottomless Box glitchers.
PSN: GSPhantom
4 years ago#4
I was talking about setting up an area where people could go (red soapstone) with a legit low lvl character and fight others.

I was thinking somewhere like the pit in Blighttown where you find the dragon scale. Like a private dueling club or something (as that sounds kind of goofy) for low lvl only characters.

I know a lot of people complain about the amount of actual duels, so I was hoping to give them a place where they know there are real duels and no bs. Plus it would save people some time with creating 120 characters and come up with some new strategies.
4 years ago#5
I think its a good idea, but pyromancy spamming could become a problem. You can max that out without being a high sl. You'd have to set some pretty strict rules for this to work properly. (limited armor sets, weapons, pyro lvls, certain spells, etc.)
"YOU HAVE DIED OF DYSENTERY" (Oregon Trail)
PSN=FreakDude
4 years ago#6
Bandmaster7 posted...
I think its a good idea, but pyromancy spamming could become a problem. You can max that out without being a high sl. You'd have to set some pretty strict rules for this to work properly. (limited armor sets, weapons, pyro lvls, certain spells, etc.)

Yes a large part of it would be based on integrity. That is why I'm wondering if there are people actually interested; I figure if people are actually willing to abide by some guidelines it could grow into something pretty cool.
4 years ago#7
I could help you form a club to do this but there would have to be a little bit more freedom to get people actually interested.

1. Lv 25 should be the min/max

2. Maxed weapons should be optional

3. Locations should be optional (Although I do like the blight town pit. Reminds me of Fight Club)

Other locations:

Sens Fort Rooftop
Painted World Colosseum
Hydra Lake (Rust Ring/DWGR low poise fights)
Undead Parish Church
Catacombs

-
You could even make a daily schedule if you wanted. We could assign people as hosts too.
PSN: AbyssalSoulDemon PSN: DarkLordSen
U better not run...
4 years ago#8
the only problem I have with maxed weapons is that will basically result in 1 hit kills, plus with un-upgraded gear there is no pressure to have all maxed out gear to be effective; you grab you stuff and get to the area, no fuss. But nothing is set in stone.

As for level, I wanted to recreate what the undead burg should have been like; but again these are just ideas and are susceptible to people's whims should they be interested.

The areas you mentioned would be cool; I thought of Blighttown since it has very easy access (again trying to maintain little work with character creation), and it is right next to a bonfire.

Hopefully having hosts wouldn't be necessary, ideally they would become low lvl hotspots (I know people are busy so self a self governed community is needed). But if people want to host for fun that would be great.
4 years ago#9
If you have lightning +5 weapons and stuff, the burg is great for dueling at sl25. About 1 in 20 people are just lowbies, and the rest are mostly there to honor duel.
Silvy owns my pants...and my soul.
My R1 button needs to be fixed. For some reason, every time I use it a few times, things die. -- Jonvandamm
4 years ago#10
I know this got buried but I thought I'd bring it up again just in case, especially with all the recent post complaining about low lvl pvp and general pvp, otherwise I'll drop it. ;)
I've been trying it out in the burg and aside from gankers it's been pretty fun.

Some things I've noticed: low lvl allows different weapons to be useful when they wouldn't be at normal pvp levels (fist weapons and whips :o), skill allocation is very important (i.e. in order to use a claymore, which could be overpowered, you have to level up str. exclusively) yay strategy, weapon and armor variety are surprisingly refreshing (no giants, zaphanders, bkga's, etc.)

My setup:
rh1: estoc lh1: spear
rh2: pyro flame lh2: wood shield
all +0

I just figured with all the complaints about cheap bs in the game we could set a way to get away from it.

???
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls
  3. Legit low lvl pvp

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived