Lifehunt Scythe +5 Vs Great Scythe +15

#1JRxPHANTOMPosted 7/12/2012 12:31:06 PM
which would be better involving 45 dex and 28 str.
#2JRxPHANTOM(Topic Creator)Posted 7/12/2012 12:33:09 PM
also are the attacks the same.
#3valkod23Posted 7/12/2012 12:36:22 PM
JRxPHANTOM posted...

The Lifehunt is less about the attacks and more about having bleed resistant armor and the Bleedbite ring and going to town with it. It stacks up Bleed a bit slower, but it takes a whopping 50% once it finishes. You could just upgrade a Halberd or Spear to +10 and then Ascend to make it a Lifehunt Scythe and keep the Great Scythe +15.
#4RuneMaster no2Posted 7/12/2012 12:54:42 PM
Great Scythe has 9 less AR than Lifehunt, so negligible. What it does have is much longer range and doesn't put you at risk of bleeding. Bleeding is kind of pointless in PvE, though I can't comment on its usefulness in PvP.
---
"Wait how did Delita destroyed history?" - ULoki
#5aiiirikPosted 7/12/2012 12:58:21 PM
Bleed in PvE is useful against the asylum demons. Uchigatana +1 vs stray demon is overpowered.

But other than that, Great scythe +15 can also be enchanted with weapon buffs. I like the moveset a lot, and the range + dead angling is sexy.

Also non lock-on running 2h R1 is awesome.

Can't really comment on the Lifehunt scythe, but I can definitely vouch for Great Scythe.
---
You're just jealous because the voices are only talking to me.
#6JRxPHANTOM(Topic Creator)Posted 7/12/2012 1:24:13 PM
valkod23 posted...
JRxPHANTOM posted...

The Lifehunt is less about the attacks and more about having bleed resistant armor and the Bleedbite ring and going to town with it. It stacks up Bleed a bit slower, but it takes a whopping 50% once it finishes. You could just upgrade a Halberd or Spear to +10 and then Ascend to make it a Lifehunt Scythe and keep the Great Scythe +15.

Yeah so it would prob be better if I use the great scythe +15 since I don't have to waste a ring wouldn't it?
#7Aporia_MagePosted 7/12/2012 3:03:10 PM(edited)
PVE - use whatever, and you'll probably want the bleedbite ring/ bloodshield/ red blossom if you go LH.

PVP - you really don't need any bleed-mitigating equipment to effectively use LH in a duel, and the AR difference is negligible. It comes down to which you prefer - they share a moveset, so the only real difference is the range vs bleed build up trade off. And the weight.

I prefer Great Scythe, the extra range really helps me, and I just do better with it.

You will likely find you get decent results just from spamming the 2H running R1 against many players. After this, you will probably run into difficulty using it well without being predictable and getting punished.

After this plateau, you will find that it is actually a fairly unpredicable weapon with great damage output for dex. Its only major weakness is the fact that the R1 is generally a massive fail and is sadly what you get if you miss a roll BS.

Good moves:

2H WD R1

2H R1 (unlock and perform another R2 directly behind you for great justice)

2H F+R1 sometimes, very occasionally can catch people, good if you're certain to KO with the next attack (try as a final attack as the opponent rises from a bs). Otherwise you get bsed.

1H R2 - ok, can chain into more R2s. Again, unlock and pivot for the second, and try as opponent gets up.

WR R1 - can be decent, but only if you unlock and direct the attack. Narrow hitbox, so can be tricky.

You will get punished a lot as I said, but experience will help you to minimise this.

If you meant PVE only, then I just wasted my life.

Enjoy!
---
PSN & GT: alainvey
#8JRxPHANTOM(Topic Creator)Posted 7/12/2012 7:20:26 PM
Aporia_Mage posted...
PVE - use whatever, and you'll probably want the bleedbite ring/ bloodshield/ red blossom if you go LH.

PVP - you really don't need any bleed-mitigating equipment to effectively use LH in a duel, and the AR difference is negligible. It comes down to which you prefer - they share a moveset, so the only real difference is the range vs bleed build up trade off. And the weight.

I prefer Great Scythe, the extra range really helps me, and I just do better with it.

You will likely find you get decent results just from spamming the 2H running R1 against many players. After this, you will probably run into difficulty using it well without being predictable and getting punished.

After this plateau, you will find that it is actually a fairly unpredicable weapon with great damage output for dex. Its only major weakness is the fact that the R1 is generally a massive fail and is sadly what you get if you miss a roll BS.

Good moves:

2H WD R1

2H R1 (unlock and perform another R2 directly behind you for great justice)

2H F+R1 sometimes, very occasionally can catch people, good if you're certain to KO with the next attack (try as a final attack as the opponent rises from a bs). Otherwise you get bsed.

1H R2 - ok, can chain into more R2s. Again, unlock and pivot for the second, and try as opponent gets up.

WR R1 - can be decent, but only if you unlock and direct the attack. Narrow hitbox, so can be tricky.

You will get punished a lot as I said, but experience will help you to minimise this.

If you meant PVE only, then I just wasted my life.

Enjoy!

Oh no it's mainly for pvp,theres so many weapons to choose from it seems like with this build
#9JRxPHANTOM(Topic Creator)Posted 7/12/2012 8:11:03 PM
So if I understand this correctly once yOu get the enemy to bleed they lose 50% of their hp as well as yourself for the life hunt scythe
#10RuneMaster no2Posted 7/12/2012 8:21:00 PM
JRxPHANTOM posted...
So if I understand this correctly once yOu get the enemy to bleed they lose 50% of their hp as well as yourself for the life hunt scythe

Nope. If your bleed resistance is high enough then you can make them bleed (causing 50% of their max hp in damage) without ever bleeding yourself. This only applies to phantoms and regular enemies. Bosses lose a set amount of hp that is pretty small which is why I don't like bleed.
---
"Wait how did Delita destroyed history?" - ULoki