Blighttown Pit low lvl Fight Club *official*

#1Cvdf3Posted 7/17/2012 10:22:15 PM
Any success of this is based on player integrity, by following some rules this could be a great way to add some variety to pvp as well as give players a more accessible option for duels without constant ganking in the Berg or Forest.

Location: pit in Blighttown with the chest containing a dragon scale

Rules
-sl 1-10
-all equipment +0 (unupgraded, pyro hands included)
-have a Red Soapstone or a Dragon Eye to be summoned as an invader
-max 5 loose humanity (if max is exceeded, after the fight, suicide and revive with bloodstain
-1 buff per fight
-fight fair, have fun

Weapons
What you can equip with your stats (two handed if needed)

Please don't use the following:
-Boss Soul Weapons, Black Knight Weapons, Crys. Weapons, Ghost Blades, Dragon Tail drops
-Rapiers- Velka's Rapier
-Hammers- Blacksmith Giant Hammer, Hammer of Vamos
-Axes- Crescent Axe,
-Crossbow- Avelyn
-Great Swords- Gravelord Sword
-Halberds- Titanite Catch Pole,
-Spears- Demon Spear, Channeler's Trident

Armor:
Family Masks, Crown of Dusk, Crown of the Dark Sun

Rings
Dark Wood Grain Ring, Havel's, Bellowing Dragoncrest, Hornet, Wolf, Steel Protection

Pyromancies
Fireball, Fire Orb, Combustion, Power Within, Flash Sweat (i don't know why you would though)
(pyro hand +0)

Sorceries
Soul Arrow, Heavy Soul Arrow, Great Soul Arrow, Hidden Weapon, Magic Weapon, Magic Shield, any supports or anything sold by Dusk
(any catalyst)

Miracles
Force, Lightning Spear, Karmic Justice, as well as any supports, no Tranquil Walk of Peace
(any talisman)

Items
-fire arrows, lightning bolts, black firebombs, Dragon Stones, dung pies
Any others are fine.

*note* many magic options are not available without defeating Queelag and there for no longer being able to summon invaders.

Also backstabs happen but don't fish or turn fights into circling matches.

Hosting is appreciated
There is also a chat room (msg me for invite or A-2theK)

Thank you to A-2thek, badbadkitty, SOMD-LOVE, and xIIXIIXIIx for the help the past few days. As well as szathmab on the board.

Also, different areas have been mentioned frequently and I would love to include different areas sometime (especially Darkroot, the ruins of Ooacile are awesome) but right now I would like to keep it at Blighttown (easy access, invasions are infrequent, cool arena, no enemies to kill in between fights).
---
PSN: TFone6
#2TheBansheePosted 7/17/2012 10:42:38 PM
I would edit the spell section saying that those are permitted, as it may be confused with the above statement "please fon't use the following".

Other than that, it looks good.

Astora Straight Sword is okay after all?

>:D
---
PSN ~ ThatOddGuy
#3Cvdf3(Topic Creator)Posted 7/17/2012 10:46:01 PM
Can't edit :(
BUT TO CLARIFY THOSE ARE ALLOWED

Yup Atsora's is good to go
:)
---
low lvl duels > http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/606312-dark-souls/63444678
#4MassEfectivatorPosted 7/17/2012 10:52:16 PM
I like this. Basically, I'm just making a new character and grabbing ma Uchigatana. With fights like this, the battles will be longer, more skill based, more of a challenge, and most importantly, more fun. If I were you, I would completely disallow the use of buffs. I'm sorry, but I cringe whenever I play pvp and out of the honor system I have to watch my opponent increase his attack power three fold.
#5brumeyPosted 7/17/2012 10:53:38 PM
how about spellswapping? is it allowed to do it?
#6szathmabPosted 7/17/2012 10:58:33 PM
Sounds like good fun
---
PSN- ALLHAILHK, AHK-HK, HK-AHK-HK(WhaleForce)
#7Cvdf3(Topic Creator)Posted 7/17/2012 11:04:35 PM
MassEfectivator posted...
I like this. Basically, I'm just making a new character and grabbing ma Uchigatana. With fights like this, the battles will be longer, more skill based, more of a challenge, and most importantly, more fun. If I were you, I would completely disallow the use of buffs. I'm sorry, but I cringe whenever I play pvp and out of the honor system I have to watch my opponent increase his attack power three fold.

We tested this, a LOT, and even naked it only seemed to be 1.5x more; also they are a great counter to heavy armor who can take a beating through their fat rolls. Anyway, I don't think we've had a buff last much more than half a fight (though I think I got a kill with my hidden estoc <3 ).
---
#8Cvdf3(Topic Creator)Posted 7/17/2012 11:07:49 PM
brumey posted...
how about spellswapping? is it allowed to do it?

Please don't glitch in fights :)
Would fall under "play fair, have fun" I suppose
---
#9wmd351Posted 7/17/2012 11:53:49 PM
No dung pies but poison throwing knives are OK?
#10Cvdf3(Topic Creator)Posted 7/18/2012 12:08:24 AM
wmd351 posted...
No dung pies but poison throwing knives are OK?

Toxic health depletion is about 2-3 x quicker than poison, kills quick, esp. at low levels (level resistance + dung pie = bad; yeah res. would have been useful lol). We had plenty of fights were the poisoner was killed.
---