hidden body or chameleon?

#1oakview80Posted 7/22/2012 9:19:31 PM
Which is better for PvE?
#2AlltraPosted 7/22/2012 9:21:37 PM
If you use it right, Chameleon. It's extremely hard to "Use it right" though.

Hidden Body works much like the Ring of Fog. It might even be more effective, I'm not sure.
---
Is the glass half empty? Is the glass half full? Who cares, fill it up!
#3khengstaPosted 7/22/2012 9:30:53 PM
Alltra posted...
If you use it right, Chameleon. It's extremely hard to "Use it right" though.

Hidden Body works much like the Ring of Fog. It might even be more effective, I'm not sure.

Only place I have ever used Chameleon effectively is the forest, cos you are just one more tree in a forest. Whereas everywhere else you kinda stick out like a sore thumb.
#4AlltraPosted 7/22/2012 9:33:34 PM(edited)
You'd be surprised how effective it can be in Sen's Fortress, which is another place I've seen it used to great effect.

It works pretty much anywhere there are destructible environments, but you have to know where and where not to mimic, because some places really are too obvious and will get you smacked upside the head.
---
#5khengstaPosted 7/22/2012 9:39:06 PM
Also, this is Dark Souls not Scooby-Doo, so no one is fooled by a mysterious urn following them around. If you wanna use Chameleon, you have to hold still till the moment you are ready to break cover.
#6zyrax2301Posted 7/22/2012 9:49:32 PM
Chameleon is the best
---
Why? Because **** you is why.
#7AlltraPosted 7/22/2012 9:50:51 PM
"Also, this is Dark Souls not Scooby-Doo, so no one is fooled by a mysterious urn following them around. If you wanna use Chameleon, you have to hold still till the moment you are ready to break cover."

Cannot even begin to tell you how many noobs I've seen doing this.
---
#8MsSushiAPosted 7/22/2012 11:02:31 PM
He asked for PvE?

If so then I don't think Chameleon is all that useful at all. I think Hidden Body would be better. Though the best would be Ring of Fog + Hush since you get more casts with Hush compared to Slumbering + Hidden Body if you ever plan to go all stealth.
---
"A medical bed is a parked Taxi with the meter running"
#9Azn CuBoi27Posted 7/22/2012 11:23:12 PM
Chameleon is fun to use, but it's pretty useless as it doesn't hide the yellow glow your body will make.
---
Official Blacksmith of the Dark Souls board
#10NashtheLionPosted 7/22/2012 11:59:15 PM
MsSushiA posted...
He asked for PvE?

If so then I don't think Chameleon is all that useful at all. I think Hidden Body would be better. Though the best would be Ring of Fog + Hush since you get more casts with Hush compared to Slumbering + Hidden Body if you ever plan to go all stealth.

While this is true for more casts, Hidden Body does a better job vs enemies noticing you especially combined with Slumbering ring.

Example: Archers on catwalk in Anor Londo
Ring of Fog+Slumbering Ring = they'll notice you before comin up halfway up the main catwalk
Hidden Body+SR = you can actually get very close to them

Another cool HB+SR "trick" is having it on after you drop into the pit with the Stray Demon. It won't even notice you.
;)
---
I left in love, in laughter, and in truth, and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit. - Bill Hicks