Hardest boss in either game? (your opinion)

#11FredtheBum(Topic Creator)Posted 8/2/2012 12:14:53 AM
RuneMaster no2 posted...
FredtheBum posted...
RuneMaster no2 posted...
Ornstein and Smough is my choice because it's the only battle as far as I know where both strong enemies are in your face from the start. Bell Gargoyles can be killed fast and Maneaters stagger (like a lot of DeS enemies) with a single hit from a small weapon. I've only beat Lurker twice but it seems manageable enough with good dodging and practically childs play when wearing the thiefs ring.

I'm surprised to see you think the maneaters were easy. They would have to a very close second for me on ng+ that is. They hit so ridiculously hard even with their simple attacks and spam firebreath like no other. Plus your fighting them on a narrow path to make it worse.

Tbh I've never played DeS on NG+, just DkS. For me maneaters are like bell gargoyles except when your weapon touches them you get three free hits.

Your missing out ng+ demons' souls makes dark's ng+ feel shallow in difficulty, but it's different for everyone I suppose.
---
Fred Fred Burger
#12Cvdf3Posted 8/2/2012 12:58:21 AM
O&S
as far as Demon's the only bosses I haven't seen are two in world 4 and 5 but I've been soloing it about sl50 and haven't had any problems as a melee class, dodge and bait Flamelurker (I was sad actually with all the talk he was getting) and same with Maneaters, you just have to kill the first quickly
---
PSN: TFone6
low lvl duels > http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/606312-dark-souls/63444678
#13kingknottsPosted 8/2/2012 2:12:09 AM
Cvdf3 posted...
O&S
as far as Demon's the only bosses I haven't seen are two in world 4 and 5 but I've been soloing it about sl50 and haven't had any problems as a melee class, dodge and bait Flamelurker (I was sad actually with all the talk he was getting) and same with Maneaters, you just have to kill the first quickly

I always called flamelurker easy I can MELEE him with 2 phantoms watching .... the hardest boss is a troll controlling the monk =( seriously trollstorm + grass + SS ..... nobody can win ..... than the penetrator without biorr(?) ( BTW who says you cant go 4v1 XD ) he honestly is the hardest actual NPC BOSS ( Garl is harder to fight without parries solo cause he gets healed but BP Garl shows just him against the player isn't too bad and he isn't technically the boss ) ....btw seriously S&O aren't hard either they are a tank and a swordsman to me ( other games ruined them) seriously play Devil Kings and fight iredene( the person with Iron Ox on hard and kill IO)
#14JimiMorrison187Posted 8/2/2012 2:18:52 AM(edited)
O&S times a million. It's not even close. First time I fought those 2 f***s trying to beat fatty first, alone, around SL 30, without magic, not knowing anything about them, was by far the worst of any boss in either game.
---
Because F*** You is why
#15Cvdf3Posted 8/2/2012 2:20:36 AM
kingknotts posted...
Cvdf3 posted...
O&S

I always called flamelurker easy I can MELEE him with 2 phantoms watching .... the hardest boss is a troll controlling the monk =( seriously trollstorm + grass + SS ..... nobody can win ..... than the penetrator without biorr(?) ( BTW who says you cant go 4v1 XD ) he honestly is the hardest actual NPC BOSS ( Garl is harder to fight without parries solo cause he gets healed but BP Garl shows just him against the player isn't too bad and he isn't technically the boss ) ....btw seriously S&O aren't hard either they are a tank and a swordsman to me ( other games ruined them) seriously play Devil Kings and fight iredene( the person with Iron Ox on hard and kill IO)

O&S basically mind****ed me my first time (I had about 20 vit., 18 end., 50 str. and dex. with a lightning halberd, yeah I had no idea what I was doing) came really close to beating BA Ornstein and then had trouble beating Smough every other time that playthrough so I started over. Also what is Devil Kings :)
---
PSN: TFone6
low lvl duels > http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/606312-dark-souls/63444678
#16LuigiVampaSwagPosted 8/2/2012 2:56:49 AM
The only boss that I haven't been able to beat fairly (solo) was False King Allant

So, him, I guess
---
http://i.minus.com/i6DvWJFBwmFBb.gif
#17orphanjohnPosted 8/2/2012 3:27:08 AM
Drak_Black posted...
Either Flamelurker or O/S. (Both solo)

These two for me.
---
PSN: orphanjohn UMvC3 characters: Spidey/Viper/Deadpool/Doom DCUO: Orphan Fromdabloc/Villain/HL DPS/US
#18JemoaiPosted 8/2/2012 4:12:46 AM
For me it would be Maneaters. The only boss fight I really had trouble with and had to cheese via the "shoot through fog gate"-glitch (only on NG+, though. On NG I somehow managed to beat them first try, lol)
---
PSN: jemoai
#19Ryan_SilverFoxPosted 8/2/2012 5:01:07 AM
I should start by saying the following...

For both Demon's Souls and Dark Souls, I chose the Wanderer path. In Demon's Souls especially, I ended up using almost all of my starting equipment from beginning to end (with some armour upgrades). I even beat False King Allant with a +10 Falchion (my starting weapon). I primarily was a melee fighter, but had a little bit into Faith for healing miracles (and in Demon's Souls, the Enchant and later Light Weapon spells). I also carried a bow for luring purposes. Either way, however, I mainly played a melee build with sword n board gameplay (such is how I tend to do things).

For Demon's Souls, it was the Flamelurker. In a straight-on melee fight, the Flamelurker is a nightmare. Not only is he aggressive, but he also does not stun and has invincibility at times. Blocking is often dangerous and rolling the wrong way is suicide. After 20+ losses to him, I asked my friend for advice and all he could say to me was three simple words - "Don't get hit." He wasn't trolling me at all - that really is all you can do as a melee fighter fighting him. I did take him down eventually, much to my pleasure.

I had virtually no problems with most of the other bosses, dying maybe once or twice to a couple. Hell, I even dropped the Maneaters without dying (and kinna laughed at everyone who said they were hard). The only other boss in the entire game that gave me any massive challenge comparable to Flamelurker was False King Allant... and even then, he simply did not compare. Once I figured out Allant and where I should be, I wallopped him in a head-to-head sword fight.

Dark Souls, the hardest boss for me would have to be Smough and Ornstein. They are the one boss I have not defeated on my own. I soloed Demon's Souls, I soloed most of Dark Souls, but THIS dastardly duo was the one thing I simply could not do on my own. Funny thing is, however, if I have at least one human with me, they stand no chance. As a bit of pennance for having summoned people for their fight (and to farm souls for upgrading equipment), I stuck around Anor Londo and offered my assistance for people to do the same. Smough and Ornstein is the boss I have killed more often than any other in the game... but I've never done it alone... but I've also pretty much mastered fighting them. Kinna funny... I can perfectly ruckus Smough or Ornstein, but can't get past them as a pair.
#20James MasonPosted 8/2/2012 5:10:57 AM
Flamelurker is quite easy with warding and a flame resist ring... I don't get why people have so much trouble on him.

Maneater is pretty cheap unless you can take the first one before the second one arrives... Or if you shoot the first one dead from the fog gate.

As for the Dark Souls bosses, I don't really have much problems with most of the bosses. Ornstein and Smough aren't that hard due to you being able to use the pillars to heal yourself without getting hit...
---
The wind carried screams from the west. I could not help but smile - Kain PSN/MGO ID : Stealth_Cobra | MGO Character : Stealth_Viper