Found a couple interesting things...

#1AnthrometalPosted 8/14/2012 9:42:26 AM
I posted this on the 360 board, and I figure that I should share it with the PS3 board as well.

NOW WITH VIDEO =)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFnQm8gtAMA

Haven't seen anyone on any board talk about these two thingamajigs (holy crap that's a word?) yet, so let's dive in shall we?

To set the stage first, I have a Giftwraith file I've created using a save editor for the sole purpose of distributing the Elite Cleric Set and Mage Blacksmith set. Yeah its hacking, but I don't fight with it, and his stats suck so if you kill him, you really don't get much.

ANYWHO. The point of this topic was that while using the save editor earlier I discovered a miracle called "Escape Death" which, like the two armor sets above, can't be found without hacking. Interestingly, the miracle functions just fine in the game, and acts exactly like a ring of sacrifice, minus the having to use a ring slot for it. Upon dying the text that pops up says, "Magic Revival." The description is as follows:

*ahem*

Escape Death

Lost Miracle, foreign to the Way of White.
While active, no losses incurred upon death.

The Way of White recognizes death itself,
but admonishes the Undead. It is for this
very reason that this miracle was lost.

Item #2 I discovered, I legitimately have no freakin' idea how I got it. But it is something labeled as Gwynevere's Talisman. This description is blank, but the item is categorized as a "Dragon Talisman." Whatever that means is yet to be seen.

There you have it folks. More crazy depth and secrets to this game.
---
Why do only what society dictates or allows? Is the paradigm that hard as to be shifted? Then again, the bodies do start to pile up...
GT: AnthroMetal
#2Oil_Rope_BombsPosted 8/14/2012 9:50:06 AM
Woah, quite interesting indeed.

I can see why they removed Escape Death, would make dying a lot less painful. We don't want that, now do we?

Gwynevere's Talisman would've been cool. Shame it was removed.
---
Oh yeah? Well I don't see anyone wanting you to water their plants!
#3RENNELSPosted 8/14/2012 9:58:29 AM
PENDANNNNTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

Also, Gywnevere is a dragon.
---
Currently playing: With myself
Most of what I say is slathered in sarcasm. Act accordingly.
#4shadowsofdawnPosted 8/14/2012 9:59:27 AM
RENNELS posted...
PENDANNNNTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

Also, Gywnevere had sex with a dragon.

Fixed :P
---
\o/ Administering jolly ass-whoopings everyday.
.||
#5The Unknown BelmontPosted 8/14/2012 10:12:27 AM
Already knew about the Escape Death miracle, Mage Smith armor, and Elite Cleric armor. Glad to see that someone finally showcased it. Can the second Black Eye Orb, Affidavit, Lift Chamber Key, Ring of Condemnation, Ring of Blind Ghosts, and Ring of Displacement be edited in for a showcases to see how much was coded in?
#6Anthrometal(Topic Creator)Posted 8/14/2012 10:28:08 AM
The Unknown Belmont posted...
Already knew about the Escape Death miracle, Mage Smith armor, and Elite Cleric armor. Glad to see that someone finally showcased it. Can the second Black Eye Orb, Affidavit, Lift Chamber Key, Ring of Condemnation, Ring of Blind Ghosts, and Ring of Displacement be edited in for a showcases to see how much was coded in?

Of the things you mentioned, I only found the second black eye orb, and the lift chamber key...no signs of the others anywhere...yet. I'll keep digging...and I'll make another showcasing the two that I've found so far.
---
Why do only what society dictates or allows? Is the paradigm that hard as to be shifted? Then again, the bodies do start to pile up...
#7saxrohmerPosted 8/14/2012 11:20:47 AM
I can help you with the Gwnny Talisman. I think they DID put it in the game, but re-named it the Ivory talisman.

I checked the Design Works book, and the pattern that adorns the Ivory Tal is the same as Gwynevere's scarves. I guess maybe the Ivory was going to be a (rather crappy) covenant reward that was never implemented.
---
Do not, under any circumstance, ever use the Sketch command.
PSN: nochildren
#8Anthrometal(Topic Creator)Posted 8/14/2012 11:24:41 AM
saxrohmer posted...
I can help you with the Gwnny Talisman. I think they DID put it in the game, but re-named it the Ivory talisman.

I checked the Design Works book, and the pattern that adorns the Ivory Tal is the same as Gwynevere's scarves. I guess maybe the Ivory was going to be a (rather crappy) covenant reward that was never implemented.

Hmmm...curiouser and curiouser. The most intriguing thing to me about Gwynevere's talisman is that it is categorized as a Dragon Talisman. Does that mean that there was a line of Dragon Talismans we never (will) see in the game? And going further, does that mean that there was once Dragon Miracles implemented in some way, and what were they? From is probably just trolling us all.
---
#9AtrabiliousPosted 8/14/2012 11:49:38 AM
I wish we had guys distributing the Elite Cleric set on the PS3. I've wanted to play around with that armour set for ages.

Anyway, nice video man. If you discover any other stuff buried in the game, make sure to post it up on the PS3 boards. I'd definitely like to see it.

On a side note, a while back someone claimed to have found a second variant of Smough's Hammer in the game code with a different move set, evidently usable. Don't suppose you'd happen to know if that's true or not? Evidence never surfaced in the thread but I've been curious about it ever since.
---
| Xbox 360: Atrabilious | PS3: Jazzy_Bones |
Currently Frequenting: The Dark Souls, DmC & Dead or Alive 5 Boards.
#10Oil_Rope_BombsPosted 8/14/2012 11:54:33 AM
Yeah, me too. Apparently it has a different R2. It's that rushing attack Smough uses.
---
Oh yeah? Well I don't see anyone wanting you to water their plants!