You have to be kidding me. This game absulutely sucks.

#61BYS2Posted 8/17/2012 10:42:38 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#62BYS2Posted 8/17/2012 10:44:13 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#63lDarkdrakPosted 8/17/2012 11:07:30 PM
qlaxmicmizzel38 posted...
Metatron_lord posted...
Welcome to 1980-1995 where games DON'T HOLD YOUR HAND through the bloody game.

Are you dumb? I had absolutely no way of knowing this would happen, no way of preventing it, and no way of fixing it. I'm not expecting this game to hold my hand through it. On the other hand, I don't know of a single game that can just make it impossible for you, so I don't know what that has to do with anything.

Don't ever play any battletoads game or 80% of the NES games then. Becuz if you think Dark Souls is hard, you still have a ways to go.
---
Beware, I live!
#64cynicalsaintPosted 8/17/2012 11:20:58 PM
Don't let it get to you dude.

Just know that if you rage on the boards - you will be laughed at. Think of it like a hazing ritual - if it makes you ultimately quit then it just wasn't meant to be, but if you get over it and push through - well then some day, you too will be laughing at others' rage quits, and look back at your own and laugh as well.

You learned something important - watch out for those holes, and stay the @#$! out of the fog those frogs attack you with. Yeah - you may not have known any better your first time through - but that's how Dark Souls teaches you - by pouring on the hurt when you screw up.

Big tip by the way - take a break if you're raging, you just make more mistakes when you're raging which makes you rage more and so on. So take some time, cool down - and think about what you could do differently next time - because I promise you there's always something you could be doing better if you're dying a lot.
---
If all else fails, use fire.
PSN - cynicalsaint ~:::~ XBL - cynicalsaint0 ~:::~ battle.net - cynicalsaint#1360
#65CressetPosted 8/17/2012 11:45:29 PM
Da Dood posted...
Just FYI, there will be lots of frustrating moments like that.

I do agree that it sucks when you get stuck like that, then you go online for help and people are like, "You mean you didn't find the Ring of Eternal Ownage by talking to that character 300 times? Don't blame the game!"
[...]

TBH not knowing about obscure items or tactics is a bit different from "I didn't feel like exploring before diving into danger with worn-out equipment and an unenhanced weapon, and then blame the game when I make a mistake and die. QQ", as that other poster put it. You can't really expect much help acting like that.

Anyway, ths thread brought some lulz to a boring night. Thx, TC
---
What's the matter, the Zubats and Geodudes too much for you? Can't get through a cave with just five monsters? How sad. - mikeburnfire
#66jpstovall11Posted 8/18/2012 12:20:14 AM
Personally I can't get past those rubber ducks that kill you in one hit. I lost every one of my lives and it sent me to the BEGINNING of the game. I might be thinking of a different game though...
#67MarsillioPosted 8/18/2012 12:30:39 AM
[insert tale of avoidable woe here]

The blacksmith that can repair your equipment and sells the item that lets you repair equipment yourself isn't hidden. His hammering is very noisy in fact. If you'd put in the barest minimum effort to explore you would have found these things quite easily. He's located near the bell tower. Go through the archway across from the elevator in the chapel. There'll be three hollow soldiers, two swordsmen, one crossbowman. Run straight past them. Keep going until you enter the room with stairs. Go down them to the bonfire, go below that and the blacksmith is right there.
---
Capcom won't see another damn cent from me until Mega Man Legends 3 is released.
#68Bigj089Posted 8/18/2012 12:38:20 AM
So when you get cursed your health gets cut in half? That brings back memories. I liked the way Yahtzee put it in his Demons Souls review. "A game that kills you 20 minutes in and tells you you can have your full health bar back only once you prove you dont need it is truly a game that doesnt f$&% around".
---
I hate pineapple pizza but I don't boycott pizza shops that offer that abomination.--The Liberator
#69Bigj089Posted 8/18/2012 12:41:23 AM
Marsillio posted...
[insert tale of avoidable woe here]

The blacksmith that can repair your equipment and sells the item that lets you repair equipment yourself isn't hidden. His hammering is very noisy in fact. If you'd put in the barest minimum effort to explore you would have found these things quite easily. He's located near the bell tower. Go through the archway across from the elevator in the chapel. There'll be three hollow soldiers, two swordsmen, one crossbowman. Run straight past them. Keep going until you enter the room with stairs. Go down them to the bonfire, go below that and the blacksmith is right there.

He probably killed him.
---
I hate pineapple pizza but I don't boycott pizza shops that offer that abomination.--The Liberator
#70Bigj089Posted 8/18/2012 12:46:37 AM
Sorry TC but dont blame the game when other people can do it, its not the game its you. I dont blame the balls when I try to juggle or the pen for my poor penmanship. Its me. This just boils down to peoples inability to accept fault when it lies with them and try to blame everyone or everything else which a lot of people find annoying, thus the responses you got.
---