Dark Root Garden - Secret Area?

#1AnorBrandoPosted 9/11/2012 4:47:14 PM
When you first enter the garden and walk under the Butterfly bridge, there's a higher ground area to your right. In fact, there's a giant stone on the ground, which acts as a launching spot for getting up there ?

I ask as a question because I cannot do it. However, what is causing me to ask is that I saw an orange soapstone sign on this ledge area, and I've NEVER, ever seen one up there.

I took my search a step further and went up the stairs leading to the butterfly.. right before the white fog door, you'll notice there's a break in the wall, but a stone pile blocks you from accessing it. I was able to somehow get up the stone pile and make it right to the ledge, and peering over the side, I saw the orange soapstone way below me. So it IS possible to jump down.

Only problem is, I couldn't figure out how to do it. I don't know if it's even possible, So I'm wondering if a launch via the giant stone is the way to go.

If you look at the angle of the stone on the ground, and the ridge leading up to the upper ridge, it's almost identical to the Cat Hill mound secret area, which is accessed the same with some clever jumps.

If anyone is bored out of their mind and can figure this out, please share. I've always wanted to be able to get to the upper ground area in Dark Root Garden and surprise invaders, it's the perfect secret spot. Someone figured out how to get there, so I expect soon it won't be a secret anymore.
#2AlbinoCrocodilePosted 9/11/2012 4:51:13 PM
This piques my interest as much as getting underneath Sen's Fortress did. Hopefully someone makes a vid too.
---
Miss Albino at your service. Just try not to touch the scales too much.
Interior Crocodile Alligator - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZwhNFOn4ik
#3HoratioCrawPosted 9/11/2012 7:23:11 PM
Isn't that just the spot where you get the Wolf Ring?
---
hey coffee still rules ^-^
http://www.last.fm/user/ThomasCraw
#4Cvdf3Posted 9/11/2012 7:26:01 PM
If it's the spot I think it is (with the Wolf Ring) then you need to kill an odd looking tree where all of the Stone Giants are. Otherwise I'm not sure.
If it isn't the Wolf Ring ledge do you have a pic or vid to reference?
---
If you build your shop right in front of an arrow trap, sometimes you're going to get shot by an arrow.
#5randomsentinelPosted 9/11/2012 11:11:48 PM
think he means the hill opposite of the ring. cuz he said on the right and iirc the rings ledge is to the left when you enter (from andre). a pic would be extremely helpful though.
---
I have tribal spirit. Does this mean I'm cool now?!
Rathalos for MVC3! Personal haters - 3 Personal fans - 5
#6AnorBrando(Topic Creator)Posted 9/12/2012 2:58:40 AM
Guys, not talking about the wolf ring. I've been around the block.

As you exit Andre's area and take that left, you'll kill the first tree, go further a bit until you are UNDER the butterfly bridge.. walk past and you'll see the stone on the ground, as well as the ledge/ramp leading up.
#7StatusCasterPosted 9/12/2012 3:42:00 AM
I would guess it's just an area that shouldn't be there by following strict geography, but that's just where the devs decided to stick it in

For example, the wolf ring spot. I don't see how it could be on the ledge to the left after leaving Andre. Because if you go down and kill the tree blocking the path, the wolf ring area is to the right, and i don't see how the path curves back around enough to get to where you first saw it.

If that makes sense...
#8wmd351Posted 9/12/2012 3:46:10 AM
I recall someone posting a while back something about that rock being glitched?
I once had an invader who seemed to be hiding on, in, or near it. He kept on clipping in and out of my game at that spot but I couldn't get close enough to see what he was actually doing.
#9AnorBrando(Topic Creator)Posted 9/12/2012 7:41:26 AM
wmd351 posted...
I recall someone posting a while back something about that rock being glitched?
I once had an invader who seemed to be hiding on, in, or near it. He kept on clipping in and out of my game at that spot but I couldn't get close enough to see what he was actually doing.

Yes, you're correct - I've done it myself, I think it's using WOG near the spot, but you can actually get "stuck" in the rocky wall behind the stone and you can't really get back out. It's not a really good tactic in PvP, unless you enjoy being on a spicket as your invader has his way with you, as you can't move.
#10AnorBrando(Topic Creator)Posted 9/12/2012 7:43:48 AM
StatusCaster posted...
For example, the wolf ring spot. I don't see how it could be on the ledge to the left after leaving Andre. Because if you go down and kill the tree blocking the path, the wolf ring area is to the right, and i don't see how the path curves back around enough to get to where you first saw it.If that makes sense...

The path behind the tree actually spirals around and backwards toward the butterfly bridge. It's definitely confusing geography but if you map it out, you'll see it all makes sense and is correct.

Speaking of the wolf ring, has anybody ever been invaded while in that spot? The invader spawns right at the mouth of the tunnel leading up.. totally threw me for a loop when it first happened.