Story theory

#1SolidKnightPosted 9/12/2012 2:47:40 AM
The entire game is the delusion of some poor soul rotting away in prison. That explains the following issues with the game: (1) the game repeats when you finish it (2) multiple people are accomplishing the same task at the same time and succeeding too. The dead body thrown in at the beginning of the game is you.
#2Greatfox1313Posted 9/12/2012 2:58:44 AM
You know....it's interesting to note that pretty much any game with an even slightly questionable storyline eventually has the theory of "it was all a dream/hallucination/etc", it also helps that there is really no way to "prove" right or wrong without the developer or someone confirming or denying it. Though I suppose that technically goes with anything not outright stated in a fictional world.
---
Signature Sold Separately
#3AoENIACPosted 9/12/2012 3:01:10 AM
Cool theory.

I wouldn't believe it even if there was better evidence though. Because the game looping is a gameplay mechanic but can also be explained in other ways, such as how Lordran canonically suffers from instances of multiple "worlds" where relations shift and obscure due to things happening differently in different instances of the world. Whereas getting a key to your cell wasn't really all that important given the state of the asylum, it was really just the player's impetus for getting motivated enough to break out. And Oscar had probably just ganked some hollow git on the roof and noticed it had somehow been holding a cell key (probably stole it, you know them hollows) and found the hatch to the cell marked on the key and tossed it down to a fellow who looked like they still had their wits about them. Then promptly fell through the roof and mortally wounded himself.
---
Is there something about the way I type that makes it sound angry? Maybe it's just something about the way you read.
#4fallenangel2100Posted 9/12/2012 4:01:30 AM
Ah yes "inception theory" we have disproved these claims

But hey man keep on thinkin that if it makes you love the game more
#5SolidKnight(Topic Creator)Posted 9/12/2012 10:56:16 AM
fallenangel2100 posted...
Ah yes "inception theory" we have disproved these claims

Did you even watch inception?
#6Greatfox1313Posted 9/12/2012 12:13:30 PM
Well, I don't know about the other poster, but I have watched Inception. Unless my memory is horribly, faulty I believe one of the aspects of the movie was "Is this real?". Not necessarily the point it was trying to make but it did make it. Most likely people have associated the idea that "Is this real?" to Inception as it was a (somewhat) recent movie that at least a fair amount of people saw. While your theory doesn't get into the complexities of the movie's plot, it does hold similar ideas. Of course I don't know if this was even close to the point the other poster was trying to make, so I could very easily be incorrect.
---
#7aneed4peedPosted 9/12/2012 12:27:59 PM
SolidKnight. SolidNight. SoldidKite. SlodigFight. FoldedLite. FighterHeight. TighterBite. KnighterSite. KitersBlight. LightersDelight.

SolidKnight.
---
a knock, a thud, a tiny...zwoosh, where?
Please, call me Aneed [http://i1103.photobucket.com/albums/g473/aneed762/FTmkH.jpg]
#8bearded_moosePosted 9/12/2012 12:50:07 PM
I think keeping the fire lit is the good ending.

in the beginning of the game it states that some people are born with the darksign and THEY are the ones sent north. this implies that somewhere else in the world, people are still living their lives.

keeping the fire lit to continue the age of fire lets those people go on with their lives. sure, another undead will eventually have to rekindle the flames, but is that not a worthy sacrifice?
---
-Every fanboy needs a troll to keep him disillusioned.
Hoagie727 is officially my favorite.
#9Greatfox1313Posted 9/12/2012 12:56:39 PM
Don't know how it got to a discussion on endings but I don't really care either. At least from what I understand/my opinion, the Age of Fire is technically the "Age of Gods", ultimately, it would appear to be Gwyndolin's plan to have the Chosen Undead link the fires again since they are going out. If you consider the fact that Gwyndolin is the only God left by the end of the game, assuming you didn't kill him, this would be quite beneficial to him, especially with the last major threat to his reign gone if you link them.
---
#10bearded_moosePosted 9/12/2012 1:04:19 PM
how is gwyndolin a "God"?

he's just the last remnant of whatever came before humanity. hell, he may even be human.

what has always bugged me about the endings is that they never show the greater impact of your actions on the rest of the world i mentioned in my other post. knowing that would give some serious closure to the player's adventure.
---
-Every fanboy needs a troll to keep him disillusioned.
Hoagie727 is officially my favorite.