Good pyromancer armor?

#1Link_AJPosted 9/21/2012 7:34:21 AM
I'm currently at the TOTG boss, and I'm still walking around in the starting pyromancer armor. Everything I find is really heavy, and is there armor that boosts my intelligence or pyro spells?
#2hemphoarderPosted 9/21/2012 7:37:20 AM
Crown of dusk - located in the dark root basin after you defeat the hydra and kill the golem in the rear of the lake. (boosts all magic damage by 20% but suffer weakness to magic of 30%

Crown of the Dark Sun - you first have to defeat dark sun Gwyndolin located in Anor Londo then meet up with the merchant that is located in Firelink where the ring of sacrafice is and you can buy it. (boosts all magic damage by 10%
---
You are not special. You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake. You're the same decaying organic matter as everything else.
PSN:Sleepyydwarf
#3valkod23Posted 9/21/2012 7:39:51 AM
Link_AJ posted...
I'm currently at the TOTG boss, and I'm still walking around in the starting pyromancer armor. Everything I find is really heavy, and is there armor that boosts my intelligence or pyro spells?

Dusk Crown and Bellowing Dragoncrest Ring. Your pyroflame is all that adjusts your pyromancy spells. Since you mentioned Intelligence, show us your build on Mugenmonkey with gear and spells slotted.
---
PSN: Valkod
Playing Dark Souls and Baldur's Gate Trilogy right now.
#4QCTeamkillPosted 9/21/2012 7:41:34 AM
Gold hemmed is a "pyromancer set" too, if you really want a "pyromancer set"

Otherwise, if you just want to know what best fits within your equip load you really should state your equip load and mention which type of rolling action you lood for.
#5valkod23Posted 9/21/2012 7:44:01 AM
QCTeamkill posted...
Gold hemmed is a "pyromancer set" too, if you really want a "pyromancer set"

Otherwise, if you just want to know what best fits within your equip load you really should state your equip load and mention which type of rolling action you lood for.

Problem is that a heavily upgraded Pyromancer starter set beats out the Gold-Hemmed Set, and the Gold-Hemmed Set cannot be upgraded at all.
---
#6TMG2186Posted 9/21/2012 7:46:43 AM
What about sealer set from Blighttown? It has decent defenses (so I'm told) and isn't that heavy...
---
PSN: chocob0-of-doom
#7Link_AJ(Topic Creator)Posted 9/21/2012 7:47:21 AM
This is my build

http://i50.tinypic.com/zc0zn.jpg

I'm doing PvE only
#8largerockPosted 9/21/2012 7:49:19 AM
You know if you upgrade your pyromancer set up a bit then you have some very solid armor.
---
Not changing this sig until Final Fantasy Versus XIII comes out.
Official Atlas of the god of war ascension board.
#9valkod23Posted 9/21/2012 7:50:36 AM(edited)
Link_AJ posted...
This is my build

http://i50.tinypic.com/zc0zn.jpg

I'm doing PvE only

Drop the pyromancy spells and pick up sorcery spells. Dexterity is the best stat for a Pyromancer since at 45, it maxes casting speed. The Pyroflame has INT adjustment, but that's only for the puny punch. Upgrading the Pyroflame via Laurentius and Queelana is how you make the Pyromancy spells stronger.

edit: to clarify, INT has absolutely no affect at all on how strong your pyromancy spells are. Unless you start going for sorcery spells, you royally screwed up that build.
---
#10ZathekoPosted 9/21/2012 7:50:03 AM
mmmm i don't think pyromancy is affected by intelligence, and you have 40 intelligence
---
PSN: CrescentRogue