tips for my character beating ornstein and smough?

#11Firestrider2882Posted 9/23/2012 8:12:30 AM
MrVilla61391 posted...
how are you having trouble, I was level 50 with 20 vit, 20 end and 27 str 28 dex and I soloed them.

How do you know he's a veteran?

You can tell he's not. (Thread Creator, not an insult. Just to make a point.) He doesn't know how to get fire (The Catacombs blacksmith) and the crossbow thing only really works 1V1, IME.
---
We are the Long Forgotten Sons.
If you'd like to trade for/sell a Channeler's Trident to me, IM me. I shall tell you me PSN+level.
#12FUsquarepants(Topic Creator)Posted 9/23/2012 9:11:36 AM
i got to them and got wiped out. i definitely need to increase my stamina. my current load is 56/56 so i'm maxed out on that. i think i need to increase my stamina.

also, i don't think heavy crossbow was much help to me.
---
I was at game 1 NBA FINALS 08, WMXX, WMXXV, WMXXVIII E3 06, 11
#13FUsquarepants(Topic Creator)Posted 9/23/2012 9:15:20 AM(edited)
my vitality is only 17

and no, i'm no expert in this game. in fact, i never played demon's soul as my brother did. he bought this game and quit early on. so i picked it up and got hooked. i apologize if my newbness is offending anyone.

---
#14HeavenlysheolPosted 9/23/2012 9:18:51 AM
If you need to level up a bit, go to the bonfire close to the spiral elevator and keep on killing the guardians on either side (one place leads to Sen's Fortress, the other to the Duke's Archives). As for the battle itself, use the pillars liberally. They are your guard and shield and will keep you somewhat safe. After that, choose which enemy to focus on, and take them out. You can then kill the other without worrying about being attacked from behind.
---
The purpose of fighting is to win. There is no possible victory in defense.
#15HoratioCrawPosted 9/23/2012 9:50:45 AM
MrVilla61391 posted...
how are you having trouble, I was level 50 with 20 vit, 20 end and 27 str 28 dex and I soloed them.

what a badass
---
hey coffee still rules ^-^
http://www.last.fm/user/ThomasCraw
#16MrVilla61391Posted 9/23/2012 12:04:00 PM
HoratioCraw posted...
MrVilla61391 posted...

what a badass

actually I am, I solo every boss :)
#17riou_teh_leetPosted 9/23/2012 12:09:19 PM
Magic based weapons, such as the Titanite Catch Pole or the Moonlight Butterfly's Horn do a large amount of damage to both of the bosses. Neither of them have a high magic resistance, but Ornstien is very resistant to lightning and Smough is very resistant to fire based damage. Keep that in mind when choosing what weapon you want to use.

Good luck!
#18Ryan_SilverFoxPosted 9/23/2012 1:37:56 PM
The simple answer: Summon someone.

Honestly, S&O is one of the bosses where it's completely fine to summon one or two people to help. These guys are not easy to solo, since they are very good at double-teaming. Bring in at least one helper to split them up and the fight is much easier...

...at least, for the first half.

Also, here's a tip: Smough and Ornstein each have their own boss soul which makes the weapon they wield. Also, each boss' armour set can be purchased later by an NPC. The problem, however, is that only one boss will survive per playthrough to give you their items. The one who dies last gives their soul and makes their armour set purchasable, so you if you're looking for a specific armour, you need to save that person for last.
#19gimme_my_burgerPosted 9/23/2012 1:45:06 PM
MrVilla61391 posted...
HoratioCraw posted...
MrVilla61391 posted...

what a badass

actually I am, I solo every boss :)

cool story bro
---
http://imgur.com/t5Cp6.jpg http://imgur.com/7rvSd.jpg http://imgur.com/11ZcG.jpg
Unofficial Hotaru of every board
#20FUsquarepants(Topic Creator)Posted 9/23/2012 2:28:37 PM
thanks for the tips again.

i'm thinking of leveling my stamina a bit before i try them again. also want to grab some of these clubs. anyone know if there is a shortcut to firelink from anor or do i have to go back through sen's fortress?

i don't have the teleportation spell (obviously)
---