Ring of favor and protection doubt

#1savior99Posted 10/4/2012 12:32:06 AM
Ok so i am a heavy warrior (offline game), but by mistake i raised my dexterity too much and now my endurance is only 32.

With the ring of havel i manage to stay right below 50% of burden (even though without equipping the full set of giant). Now i just discovered that the greatshield of artorias, that i really want to use) weighs bloody 16Kgs, before i was using the eagle shield that weighs only 6kgs.

Now, in order not to go back to my old elite knight armor, i should wear the ring of favor and protection, together with havel's ring. But that does not leave me with many choices for what concerns rings after that.

I.e. if i need more fire resistance or dusted ring to run in water, more physical resistance, etc...

I was thinking to try remove the havel's ring, see my max burden (working to raise endurance more anyway) and try to fit there the best armor i can, upgrading it.

This way if i really need some other ring, i can remove havel and switch to a lighter armor for a while.

Would this tactic be ok?

Cheers
#2Cvdf3Posted 10/4/2012 12:35:12 AM(edited)
This is all offline?
Sure, that's a good idea; but you can always raise your endurance if you really want to free up ring slots and use the armor you like.
---
If you build your shop in front of an arrow trap, sometimes you are going to get shot by an arrow.
#3eclipse_exePosted 10/4/2012 12:51:36 AM
that would be a respectable sollution even in online play ( mainly cause post dlc F&P, havels and wolfs are the top 3 rings in the game) course if your planning on only even doing offline pve play with him then you might as well just pump endurance, theres no reason to not level offline.
---
psn: supersoniccd ( main), Soluna-Knight-EX ( DkS group only)
#4Dex_PyromaniacPosted 10/4/2012 1:29:41 AM
eclipse_exe posted...
mainly cause post dlc F&P, havels and wolfs are the top 3 rings in the game

You people never cease to amaze me you know that??

DWGR is still top ring in game, end of story
---
GT - TroubledSpade87
#5savior99(Topic Creator)Posted 10/4/2012 1:42:18 AM
I got Dark wood grain ring but never used it. It doesn allow me to filp...i am always around 50% of burden, and it does not seem to give me any other imrpovement...seems quite useless actually (prepare to die edition on PC, i read it was made weaker now)...

How could i fit it in my configuration?
#6Cvdf3Posted 10/4/2012 1:46:49 AM
savior99 posted...
I got Dark wood grain ring but never used it. It doesn allow me to filp...i am always around 50% of burden, and it does not seem to give me any other imrpovement...seems quite useless actually (prepare to die edition on PC, i read it was made weaker now)...

How could i fit it in my configuration?

In the new patch it will only take affect with 25% or less equip burden, it's still insane though.

Faster roll, farther roll, about 90% of the animation has i-frames, no recovery animation. Yeah, still good.
Personally I like fast roll, but flip is undeniably better.
---
If you build your shop in front of an arrow trap, sometimes you are going to get shot by an arrow.
#7savior99(Topic Creator)Posted 10/4/2012 1:50:23 AM
yeah, maybe for light armor characters is still really good...but i am struggling to stay under 50%, i will never get to 25% with man-serpent greatsword, greatshield of artorias and giant set :)
#8MsSushiAPosted 10/4/2012 2:00:53 AM
I'd say drop some of the heavier armor like the giant set if you really want those. But Greatshield of Artorias actually isn't that great, but since this is all offline all should be good
---
Call me A or Miss A ^_~
#9savior99(Topic Creator)Posted 10/4/2012 2:27:02 AM
I prefer it to the eagle shield because it has physical damage reduction 100%, while eagle shield has 95% and i hate the fact that even if i block, i still get some damage everytime. Moreover it starts with 88 stability while eagle shield at +5 like mine is only 72-73.

By the way i tried to upgrade shield of artorias and only the damage it makes increases (from 0 to +1). Will stability increase if i upgrade it to +5 ? (prepare to die edition).

Also i was thinking of upgrading at the same time the eagle shield and make it resistant to fire or lightining...are there any fire or lightining monsters at the end of the game?
#10Zakat82Posted 10/4/2012 2:30:52 AM
Dex_Pyromaniac posted...
eclipse_exe posted...
mainly cause post dlc F&P, havels and wolfs are the top 3 rings in the game

You people never cease to amaze me you know that??

DWGR is still top ring in game, end of story

^ not "OP top" like it was before but it's still one of the BEST rings in game.
---
PsN: Katakato
XBL: Katakato