Does Pickaxe have a sweeping horizontal attack?

#1dthomas125Posted 10/5/2012 5:10:08 PM
Running R1?

Anything 2H?
---
PSN - dthomas125
When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic.
#2DemiNoisesPosted 10/5/2012 5:32:05 PM
Both 1h and 2h R2 have semi-horizontal swings to them
---
PSN: Eternal_Stryfe, GigaVagrant
"She's got a gut full of dynamite and a booty like POW" -Tiny Tina
#3dthomas125(Topic Creator)Posted 10/5/2012 5:38:03 PM
Are they around 45 degrees or closer to 90 degree swings?
---
PSN - dthomas125
When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic.
#4DemiNoisesPosted 10/5/2012 6:12:02 PM
---
#5The moonlight knightPosted 10/5/2012 6:55:25 PM
Are you sure? I thought it was the War Pick that had the horizontal swipes, which is why I chose it over the Pickaxe, which IIRC had a more mace-like moveset which left me unimpressed.
---
I am snazzier, hot, hot rant. Warily slight as.
Croak rush, OK? Weirder, almighty make out. ::)
#6DemiNoisesPosted 10/5/2012 7:00:47 PM
The moonlight knight posted...
Are you sure? I thought it was the War Pick that had the horizontal swipes, which is why I chose it over the Pickaxe, which IIRC had a more mace-like moveset which left me unimpressed.

I had no clue the Pickaxe was real :o

The War Pick is what I'm talking about.
---
#7dthomas125(Topic Creator)Posted 10/5/2012 7:09:09 PM
The moonlight knight posted...

So the Pickaxe is more like you're chopping wood?
---
PSN - dthomas125
#8m415mikePosted 10/5/2012 7:31:10 PM
Both 1h and 2h R1s for the pickaxe and warpick are identical. Both running R1s and back-step R1s are identical. However, the pickaxe's R2s are straight down strikes, similar to how one would actually use a pickaxe. The warpick's R2s are somewhat horizontal swings that actually do alternate with subsequent R2 presses.

I love both weapons. The warpick has higher base damage (but it's negligible) and more variety due to a horizontal R2, however, the pickaxe has good strength scaling.
#9dthomas125(Topic Creator)Posted 10/5/2012 7:48:48 PM
m415mike posted...
Both 1h and 2h R1s for the pickaxe and warpick are identical. Both running R1s and back-step R1s are identical. However, the pickaxe's R2s are straight down strikes, similar to how one would actually use a pickaxe. The warpick's R2s are somewhat horizontal swings that actually do alternate with subsequent R2 presses.

I love both weapons. The warpick has higher base damage (but it's negligible) and more variety due to a horizontal R2, however, the pickaxe has good strength scaling.

This is exactly what I was looking for. Thank you very much.
---
PSN - dthomas125
#10The moonlight knightPosted 10/5/2012 7:55:48 PM
In terms of max attack power, the war pick will be slightly stronger, but its scaling is divided between dex and strength, whereas pickaxe is pure strength so in most cases pickaxe would be stronger.
---
I am snazzier, hot, hot rant. Warily slight as.
Croak rush, OK? Weirder, almighty make out. ::)