Why do people get so mad when they bow and get backstabbed?

#1Crimson681Posted 11/5/2012 5:46:39 AM
When I invade, no quarter is shown and none is expected. If you bow, I'll backstab you or dark bead to the face if I got it.

Dark Souls motto is "Prepare to die", which means don't bow to your enemy unless you want to die.

2 days ago I backstabbed a dude that bowed to me, he rage quits, 20 minutes later I receive an essay for hate mail, which in return got a 4 word reply, and this dude has been sending me one rage essay after another for 2 days straight, just because he lost on a video game. Is this guy mad or what? Are people really arrogant enough to think that everyone else is supposed to play by the same rules that they do?
#2PHoToS999Posted 11/5/2012 5:51:52 AM
Yes. Yes they are.
---
Silvy owns my pants...and my soul.
Please sign this petition if you want the bbox glitch in Dark Souls: http://tinyurl.com/9f9gv8y you are our only hope.
#3shadowsofdawnPosted 11/5/2012 5:53:04 AM
Those are the honor noobs.

They are noobs not because they bow and show honor, but because they haven't yet learned when to do so, or at least how to read their opponent and gauge whether or not bowing is a good/stupid idea.

After countless hours in the game, its easy to tell who is going to greet you, and who is going to rip your ass open with a rapier if you bend over.
---
\o/ Administering jolly ass-whoopings everyday.
.||
#4ThisAwesomeGuyPosted 11/5/2012 5:55:19 AM
You're mad because he got mad? Or is this some kind of brag topic?

Anyway, you must feel pretty tough killing someone during a respectful gesture animation, hey? Lol.
---
Currently Lurking: borderlands 2 and Dark souls boards.
#5JesseraePosted 11/5/2012 5:55:58 AM
shadowsofdawn posted...
Those are the honor noobs.

They are noobs not because they bow and show honor, but because they haven't yet learned when to do so, or at least how to read their opponent and gauge whether or not bowing is a good/stupid idea.

After countless hours in the game, its easy to tell who is going to greet you, and who is going to rip your ass open with a rapier if you bend over.

usually its the later of the two
---
Psn: Darkestsoul92
#6achiquipauPosted 11/5/2012 5:59:56 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#7Crimson681(Topic Creator)Posted 11/5/2012 6:04:47 AM
Personally, I'm a backstab and parry fisherman when the person playing shows a vulnerability to those tactics. I usually walk up to someone mid range and pause, unless they are immediately aggressive, if they bow, then yeah, I'm going for the backstab. In a way its baiting a bow, which is baiting a backstab. Which means I'm fishing when I do that.
#8ThisAwesomeGuyPosted 11/5/2012 6:06:01 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#9SolidKnightPosted 11/5/2012 6:08:20 AM
What you've got to do is summon people via red soap stone then bow when they start spawning in which will prompt them to bow back when they're able. That's when you cast crystal soul spear with every damage boost you can stack on your character. Now that gets you some rage.

Bonus points if you can convince them that you accidentally bumped R1 and that you'd like to summon them again.
#10Crimson681(Topic Creator)Posted 11/5/2012 6:11:36 AM
SolidKnight posted...
What you've got to do is summon people via red soap stone then bow when they start spawning in which will prompt them to bow back when they're able. That's when you cast crystal soul spear with every damage boost you can stack on your character. Now that gets you some rage.

Bonus points if you can convince them that you accidentally bumped R1 and that you'd like to summon them again.

AHAHAHAHAH!! Nice 1. Gonna try that later.