Any crappy weapons you use anyway?

#11MrSmi7hPosted 11/5/2012 8:25:52 PM
For me the mace, cause it looks cool, I like small, realistic weapons, I like maces, I like the rol they have in a broad and sword context, is a starting weapon with the cleric, scales well with str, and stunlocks...well, maybe not that much crappy, but not top tier.

Also, hand axe, for the amazing moveset, the speed...

GAxe and Demon's great hammer for the looks.
#12The moonlight knightPosted 11/5/2012 8:31:18 PM
War Pick has better scaling than Pickax, in total. It's just split between two stats, so requires a "quality" setup.

When you say it has the same scaling for the Plow, do you mean just in terms of letter grades? Because there's variance between letter grades, which can make appearances deceiving in some cases.
---
I am snazzier, hot, hot rant. Warily slight as.
Croak rush, OK? Weirder, almighty make out. ::)
#13shadowsofdawnPosted 11/5/2012 8:33:12 PM
The moonlight knight posted...
Some of these I don't think qualify as crappy. Bastard Sword, for example, is stronger than Claymore. Technically Claymore is the crappier weapon people favor because of its R2.

The R2 is just a nice bonus, the claymore is favored for its 2H rolling attack.
---
\o/ Administering jolly ass-whoopings everyday.
.||
#14The moonlight knightPosted 11/5/2012 8:33:41 PM
It has a different rolling attack, too? O_o
---
#15MrSmi7hPosted 11/5/2012 8:35:33 PM
Yes, is pretty much like zwei ones, the bastard sword, if is like MSGS or MLGS is exactly like a regular R1.

Also, clay have more range, which means a lot in PvP.
#16Cvdf3Posted 11/5/2012 8:39:30 PM(edited)
The moonlight knight posted...
War Pick has better scaling than Pickax, in total. It's just split between two stats, so requires a "quality" setup.

When you say it has the same scaling for the Plow, do you mean just in terms of letter grades? Because there's variance between letter grades, which can make appearances deceiving in some cases.

There are better quality weapons than the War Pick though. It's not terrible, just out-classed. Looks so damn fancy though

And the Four-Pronged Plow being on par, or even slightly better than the Spear still isn't saying much. All of the other Spears would be better.

Rolling r1 with the Claymore does a thrust (like the 2 handed rolling r1 with the Longsword), while the Bastard Sword does a vertical slam.
---
If you build your shop in front of an arrow trap, sometimes you are going to get shot by an arrow.
#17The moonlight knightPosted 11/5/2012 8:40:45 PM
Hm. Don't see different rolling attacks much. @_@

And, I'm not 100% sure, but I thought my +15 Plow was stronger than my Partizan +15. I think it was only slightly weaker than my Pike +15.
---
#18R1masherPosted 11/5/2012 8:40:56 PM
Drake, I have to gimp myself against 67.3% of the community and this weapon is perfectly crappy enough to suffice that need.
---
R1R1R1R1R1R1
#19newjerseyplayerPosted 11/5/2012 8:43:25 PM
Am I the only one who runs around with the Estoc?
---
PSN: rjlikestv, Alt PSN: matt_2143, alt PSN #2: aalltt_1234
#20Cvdf3Posted 11/5/2012 8:44:33 PM
newjerseyplayer posted...
Am I the only one who runs around with the Estoc?

No, because Estoc is awesome.
---
If you build your shop in front of an arrow trap, sometimes you are going to get shot by an arrow.