Can't seem to fight with a STR weapon/ too much weight to fight.

#1ninjaryuninjaPosted 11/6/2012 1:03:28 AM
Maybe it's my latency, maybe I just suck. I dunno.

But I cannot kill anyone who isn't fat rolling with a big slow meaty weapon. Sure, maybe if I'm lucky I'll snag them once, then they splat, but I hate relying on them to screw up. Even if I catch their shield, they can usually roll away from the follow-up attack, so I can't break their guard either.

Can you guys give me some PvP advice for using the big, meaty weapons? Cus I'm about positive that STR is for PvE, and Dex is for PVP

God help you if you're fat rolling, too.
#2lucky_sharm19Posted 11/6/2012 1:06:44 AM
Get lighter and time your attacks carefully. I wouldn't rely entirely on your primary weapon alone. Can you use bows? Try and bait them into coming closer.
---
PSN: GSPhantom
What doesn't kill you, didn't finish the job.
#3DreasUltimaPosted 11/6/2012 1:07:25 AM
It depends on the move set I guess. I use the club a lot on my STR character and focus mainly on rolling 2HR1s and well placed jump attacks. You can't just spam R1 with most STR weapons like you can DEX weapons. Just gotta learn the weapon you are using.
#4ninjaryuninja(Topic Creator)Posted 11/6/2012 1:11:40 AM
lucky_sharm19 posted...
Get lighter and time your attacks carefully. I wouldn't rely entirely on your primary weapon alone. Can you use bows? Try and bait them into coming closer.

I use a Large Club and a Reinforced club, both +14 right now.

I took the reinforced club for the bleed effect that I never friggen see go off. Things usually die before they build up enough bleed, and players seem to be able to take tons of buildup damage without issue.

I took the Large club for the poison effect that I never see go off on NPCs or PCs.

I'm mid weight right now because I the damn club is HEAVY and I need SOME poise to be able to swing it half the time. Currently in Elite Knight's gear.

Starting to think I'm using the wrong setup, cus all I ever fight are spears and light weapons, most of the time.
#5DreasUltimaPosted 11/6/2012 1:13:55 AM
You can work out a way to rock Wolf Ring and still have decent resistance and fast roll. You just have to experiment with some things. I also second the bow, you can grab the composite bow and equip poison arrows and then hit them with large club to finish the poison deal.
#6ninjaryuninja(Topic Creator)Posted 11/6/2012 1:16:45 AM
DreasUltima posted...
You can work out a way to rock Wolf Ring and still have decent resistance and fast roll. You just have to experiment with some things. I also second the bow, you can grab the composite bow and equip poison arrows and then hit them with large club to finish the poison deal.

I have never been able to hit ANYONE with a bow. XD

They're either far enough away to dodge it, or close enough to stab me for thinking about shooting them.
#7Skyrock23Posted 11/6/2012 1:22:36 AM
Welcome to the club.I to am having a terrible time with gs.And timing your shots is easier said than done.

either use another build or find a weapon that makes up for your lack of speed.
---
Denzel D.Watkins
#8lucky_sharm19Posted 11/6/2012 1:34:04 AM
What SL are you, perchance?
---
PSN: GSPhantom
What doesn't kill you, didn't finish the job.
#9ninjaryuninja(Topic Creator)Posted 11/6/2012 1:37:10 AM
lucky_sharm19 posted...

25, currently.

And is it just me, or does big armor really not take much damage off? I'm not seeing much difference between brigands and Elite knights armor in damage recieved. Starting to think there's no point in wearing big armor.
#10ninjaryuninja(Topic Creator)Posted 11/6/2012 1:40:09 AM
ninjaryuninja posted...
lucky_sharm19 posted...

25, currently.

And is it just me, or does big armor really not take much damage off? I'm not seeing much difference between brigands and Elite knights armor in damage recieved. Starting to think there's no point in wearing big armor.

MOST of my souls have gone to upgrading my weapons to 14, armor to 8, and flame to 10, I should add.