Mephistopheles vs Chester
Selen Vinland vs Anor Londo Firekeeper
Garl Vinland vs Paladin Leeroy
Saint Urbain vs Solaire
Astrea vs Rhea
Patches the Hyena (Adjudicator shield lol) vs Patches

And... GO!

In other words Demons Souls NPC win!

And we haven't even mentioned The Black Maiden, she only needs to lift a finger....it's all over.

It's just no contest. Demon's Souls NPC are way too awesome
3 years ago#43
All the summonable NPCs for late game bosses have a pretty ridiculous crapton of HP, too.

Garl can heal himself too. and he also has Wrath of God, and his Bramdt is deadly.

Wrath of the Gods is so blatantly superior to Wrath of God it's not even funny.

Also Leeroy hits pretty damn hard, too. And his weapon's damage can't be fully blocked since it's split. In fact only Garl could fully block the damage, but with Dark Silver Shield's meh stability, it's going to be bad news for when Leeroy uses Wrath of the Gods.
---
I am snazzier, hot, hot rant. Warily slight as.
Croak rush, OK? Weirder, almighty make out. ::)
3 years ago#44
Depends on what we're talking about. If we're going higher in to the NG+s, then I'll go with Dark Souls.

Dark Souls has poise, Leeroy, Tarkus, Crestfallen Warrior, and Solaire. Are we also counting the forest NPCs? The bandit there hits INSANELY hard, the thief is decent with backstabs, and the cleric can heal everyone.

Leeroy is an absolute tank who can heal himself and cast WoG. Tarkus is also a tank with a very wide horizontal range. His thrust also gives him decent range, as well as being capable of one-shotting almost anything that's not a boss. Crestfallen warrior parries like a beast. Solaire is another tank that has access to lightning damage. That wasn't even a factor in Demon's, and it must be assumed that Demon's NPCs can't defend against it. Logan casts soul spears and white dragon breath which can hit as many NPCs as there are lined up. Beatrice also hits very hard. Scirvir is cited as a threat, but he does fire damage. Mildred has more fire resistance than anyone who ever existed. Quelana and her sister also cast mean AoE pyromancies. Twin firestorms would do massive damage against everyone.

In a battle royale type scenario, I'd say Dark Souls NPCs take the cake no questions asked. In 1v1 scenarios, I'd have no clue.
3 years ago#45
Demon's Souls' Firestorm is better than Dark Souls, so Yuria would be a significant threat.

Also, even Scirvir's sword hits pretty hard.
---
I am snazzier, hot, hot rant. Warily slight as.
Croak rush, OK? Weirder, almighty make out. ::)
3 years ago#46
I'll admit I'm not all that familiar with Demon's Souls. I almost consider myself an expert in Dark Souls, though.

Obviously the AI isn't advanced enough, but I think there's a pretty easy way for Dark Souls to win if there was some teamwork. Oswald could cast vow of silence and hide behind Tarkus, Leeroy, and Havel. Logan, Beatrice, and Solaire could hurl magic and miracles at them while out of range of vow of silence.

I forgot all about Havel. With him, Dark Souls has more tanks than Demon's. Dark also has more spellcasters.
3 years ago#47
m415mike posted...
I'll admit I'm not all that familiar with Demon's Souls. I almost consider myself an expert in Dark Souls, though.

I couldn't tell as your post listed out every DkS NPC and only one from DeS
---
I couldn't care less...
PSN:Sleepyydwarf
3 years ago#48
m415mike posted...

Obviously the AI isn't advanced enough, but I think there's a pretty easy way for Dark Souls to win if there was some teamwork. Oswald could cast vow of silence and hide behind Tarkus, Leeroy, and Havel. Logan, Beatrice, and Solaire could hurl magic and miracles at them while out of range of vow of silence.

I forgot all about Havel. With him, Dark Souls has more tanks than Demon's. Dark also has more spellcasters.

Havel is not NPC, he's an enemy.

NPC is a character you can interact or chat with, without getting pummeled
3 years ago#49
Hey, buddy. Watch it.

I played a bit of Demon's Souls and watched Vageta's play-through.

I know of Biorr, Yurt, Scirvir, Selen, Yuria, Freke, Miralda, Mephistopheles, Urbain, the two club guys in 2-2, the 3 BPs in 1-4 (or is it 1-3?), Patches, the guy with the katanas, Doran, and Ostrava. I'm not COMPLETELY ignorant to Demon's Souls NPCs.
3 years ago#50
m415mike posted...

Havel is not NPC, he's an enemy.

NPC is a character you can interact or chat with, without getting pummeled

Why do you make such misinformed posts all the time?
---
Previously known as Oil_rope_bombs.
http://i.imgur.com/mLCkc.png
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls
  3. Demon's Souls NPC's vs Dark Souls NPC's

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived