Demon's Souls NPC's vs Dark Souls NPC's

#51m415mikePosted 11/9/2012 1:23:20 PM
-Damien- posted...
m415mike posted...
I'll admit I'm not all that familiar with Demon's Souls. I almost consider myself an expert in Dark Souls, though.

Obviously the AI isn't advanced enough, but I think there's a pretty easy way for Dark Souls to win if there was some teamwork. Oswald could cast vow of silence and hide behind Tarkus, Leeroy, and Havel. Logan, Beatrice, and Solaire could hurl magic and miracles at them while out of range of vow of silence.

I forgot all about Havel. With him, Dark Souls has more tanks than Demon's. Dark also has more spellcasters.

Havel is not NPC, he's an enemy.

NPC is a character you can interact or chat with, without getting pummeled

Nope.
#52shadowsofdawnPosted 11/9/2012 1:27:33 PM(edited)
Anybody who actively hunted and fought the BP NPCs in DS know how threatening they were unless you had already perfected your build.

Miralda kicked my ass, Scirvir cooked me several times, I ran from Rydell like a little b**** once he aggroed, Sasuki completely prevented me from advancing into 4-1 during black tendency week, and Selen trolled the hell out of me with her swamp fast roll shenanigans.
---
\o/ Administering jolly ass-whoopings everyday.
.||
#53-Damien-Posted 11/9/2012 1:27:01 PM
shadowsofdawn posted...
Anybody who actively hunted and fought the BP NPCs in DS know how threatening there were unles you had already perfected your build.

Miralda kicked my ass, Scirvir cooked me several times, I ran from Rydell like a little b**** once he aggroed, Sasuki completely prevented me from advancing into 4-1 during black tendency week, and Selen trolled the hell out of me with her swamp fast roll shenanigans.

exactly!! these new Souls noobs have no idea about Demon's Souls BP NPC
#54The moonlight knightPosted 11/9/2012 1:32:22 PM
Yeah, the BP NPCs are brutal. But I do want to stress that in some cases they had advantages that they wouldn't get in this fight. For one, you had to be in PBWT, so that meant all enemies did more damage. How much, exactly, I cannot say, since unfortunately the wiki much better at informing us about world and character tendency was taken offline, and the wikidot one has always sucked compared to it for world tendency info.

Plus Selen and the Meat Cleaver phantoms had the swamp as a huge advantage.

BP Selen is actually not too difficult without the swamp.

And I forgot about Havel. So that means Dark Souls has Havel and Tarkus and Leeroy. Quite a mighty trio, and with Logan and Beatrice assaulting with powerful spells at a safe distance. Chester could be kinda tricky, too, as a ranged fighter.
---
I am snazzier, hot, hot rant. Warily slight as.
Croak rush, OK? Weirder, almighty make out. ::)
#55SolidKnightPosted 11/9/2012 7:55:29 PM
You can kill almost all of the Demon's Souls NPCs in one combination; given their lack of poise you can keep them stunned the majority of the fight. Further, most of the summoned NPCs in Dark Souls hit harder and have more health than the NPCs in Demon's Souls. Garl Vinland, Scrivir and Old King are the only formidable NPCs in Demon's Souls. The rest can be destroyed with minimal effort.
#56DevirukiPosted 11/9/2012 8:03:52 PM
Yurt will win.
---
oh hai. :D
MHTri: Wish MGO: Deviruki (ohwait it's dead) PSO2JP: Deviruki/Casker
#57PHoToS999Posted 11/9/2012 8:17:10 PM(edited)
SolidKnight posted...
You can kill almost all of the Demon's Souls NPCs in one combination; given their lack of poise you can keep them stunned the majority of the fight. Further, most of the summoned NPCs in Dark Souls hit harder and have more health than the NPCs in Demon's Souls. Garl Vinland, Scrivir and Old King are the only formidable NPCs in Demon's Souls. The rest can be destroyed with minimal effort.

Don't forget the monumental and the candle maiden.
And I think those three would be enough to take on what was left of the dark souls npcs.
Am I right?
---
Silvy owns my pants...and my soul.
Please sign this petition if you want the bbox glitch in Dark Souls: http://tinyurl.com/9f9gv8y you are our only hope.
#58Titanite-DemonPosted 11/9/2012 8:22:20 PM
Hmmm

Havel is an NPC
He has a hornetstab animation

Ciaran
Petrus
Vince & Nico
Shiva's Bodyguard
lolEingyi
Griggs
Giant Blacksmith
Vamos
Rickert
lolDusk

The Nobodies

Possible:
Artorias
Ornstein
---
"bcuz i care" ~Nami "Migum" Gumere
#59Titanite-DemonPosted 11/9/2012 8:26:09 PM
We can also have Gough cheese Astraea with his bow and arrows so Garl Vinland becomes sad and dies.

Anyone ever consider that?
---
"bcuz i care" ~Nami "Migum" Gumere
#60The moonlight knightPosted 11/9/2012 8:28:43 PM
I don't think it's fair or sensical to count Gough. I think NPCs should be meant to be equivalent to player characters. The only character who kinda messes that up is Chester, since he functions like a hybrid.
---
I am snazzier, hot, hot rant. Warily slight as.
Croak rush, OK? Weirder, almighty make out. ::)