Demon's Souls or Dark Souls game layout? (poll)

#1XoXMegaGamerXoXPosted 11/10/2012 9:20:41 AM
Which world design do you prefer? - Results (74 votes)
Demon's Souls ( Linear world, Nexus, hub area, more simplistic)
20.27% (15 votes)
Dark Souls ( Semi opened world, areas flow together, more complex)
79.73% (59 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Each type has their pros and cons and to be honest, I don't know which one I like better.
---
Playing: LoL. IGN: RezShadow, Dark Souls Castlevania LoS
Before making a comment on my username, believe it or not, you were 13 as well some time ago.
#2Oil_Rope_BombsPosted 11/10/2012 9:24:32 AM
Le Dark Souls world is le sexy, because of how sexy the connection of le worlds is.

desu
---
Previously known as Oil_rope_bombs.
http://i.imgur.com/mLCkc.png
#3OnDiscDLCPosted 11/10/2012 9:30:37 AM
I want the next game to have a mix of both. Bring back the nexus and port stones, but make it so all the areas are connected like Dark Souls. Maybe have bonfires only at the beginning and end of levels to make it more challenging but easier to find coop partners.
#4XoXMegaGamerXoX(Topic Creator)Posted 11/10/2012 9:33:52 AM
OnDiscDLC posted...
I want the next game to have a mix of both. Bring back the nexus and port stones, but make it so all the areas are connected like Dark Souls. Maybe have bonfires only at the beginning and end of levels to make it more challenging but easier to find coop partners.

Well firelink tries to act like the Nexus but it kinda created an awkward area for the game as warping ends up ruining the point to return to firelink
---
Before making a comment on my username, believe it or not, you were 13 as well some time ago.
#5m415mikePosted 11/10/2012 9:36:40 AM
Honestly, I prefer Dark Souls' layout compared to Demon's Souls', but Demon's has one main advantage. Since the worlds weren't connected, each area got to be it's own WORLD. The scope of each individual area in Demon's was that of half of Dark Souls.
#6Archwing3441Posted 11/10/2012 9:39:51 AM
While I do like Dark souls having all the world together, they could have made the lay out better. Thinking about it, they should have made navigating the place better. Anyone else have a hard time finding new londo ruins the first time... and got their ass handed to by skeletons >_<
---
Nintendo? PlayStation? no...
http://mangafox.me/manga/mel_kano/v03/c016/27.html
#7OnDiscDLCPosted 11/10/2012 9:42:36 AM
XoXMegaGamerXoX posted...
OnDiscDLC posted...

Well firelink tries to act like the Nexus but it kinda created an awkward area for the game as warping ends up ruining the point to return to firelink

Yeah. That and since you can repair and upgrade equipment at bonfires, you don't need to go blacksmiths except for ascension and boss weapons. Plus I miss my Maiden in Black ;_;
#8XoXMegaGamerXoX(Topic Creator)Posted 11/10/2012 9:44:13 AM
OnDiscDLC posted...
XoXMegaGamerXoX posted...
OnDiscDLC posted...

Yeah. That and since you can repair and upgrade equipment at bonfires, you don't need to go blacksmiths except for ascension and boss weapons. Plus I miss my Maiden in Black ;_;

"... So the world can be mended"
---