Dark Souls DLC -- Does it fix coop?

#1MSDSSPosted 11/10/2012 10:28:07 AM
I know it supposedly makes PVP much easier, but does it make playing with friends cooperatively easier as well, or did they stick to their guns that their way is the best way?
#2MSDSS(Topic Creator)Posted 11/10/2012 10:30:32 AM
MSDSS posted...
I know it supposedly makes PVP much easier, but does it make playing with friends cooperatively easier as well, or did they stick to their guns that their way is the best way?

And by easier, I mean will I be able to play with a friend, or will I be placing symbols on the ground for 9 hours with no luck.
#3ElfergosPosted 11/10/2012 10:34:09 AM
I have been trying to co-op with a friend earlier today - forget it its no different, even when he could see my sign he couldn't summon me, it kept failing, but I have been cooping with various people all day.
#4A-2TheKPosted 11/10/2012 12:05:04 PM
I can't say i've ever had much issue to be honest. NATs open, wired internet connection, create text chat room, invite the friend you wish to play with, drop your sign. Never had to wait very long with the chat room method, maybe i'm just lucky.
---
PSN: A-2TheK
I can be found in a social coma, directly to your left.
#5SymphonicRainPosted 11/10/2012 12:07:52 PM
The PSN chat thing is just a placebo.
---
"invade some poor sap and jihad bomb him" - LazyKenny
#6szathmabPosted 11/10/2012 12:10:10 PM
SymphonicRain posted...

its easier to communicate in a chat then sending messages back and forth.
---
Please call me HK
A little effort here and there will serve you well, princess.
#7SymphonicRainPosted 11/10/2012 12:14:28 PM
szathmab posted...
its easier to communicate in a chat then sending messages back and forth.

Well, obviously, but there have been rumors going around for a long time that starting a chat with someone increases connectivity when it clearly has no bearing.
---
#8A-2TheKPosted 11/10/2012 12:14:57 PM
SymphonicRain posted...

It could well be, and I highly expect it is. But still it has never failed me, though as HK says it's probably more due to being able to communicate when the sign is not showing/disappearing. So it does help in a way.
---
PSN: A-2TheK
I can be found in a social coma, directly to your left.
#9SymphonicRainPosted 11/10/2012 12:20:18 PM
A-2TheK posted...
It could well be, and I highly expect it is. But still it has never failed me, though as HK says it's probably more due to being able to communicate when the sign is not showing/disappearing. So it does help in a way.

Yep. I always invite people to a chat, XMB is painfully slow. Almost slow enough to make me consider buying one of those keyboards for the controller, but I'm too cheap.
---