This game really isn't that hard.

#21VoxxenPosted 11/11/2012 1:57:28 AM
Easiest way to make a souls game harder is to never use the bow.
---
Okay people keep getting this one wrong so I'll fix it once and for all: "PC>Wii=PS3>360>Nothing" (Steam: Fuzzy Applesauce)
#22MelvinX93Posted 11/11/2012 2:08:08 AM
Voxxen posted...
Easiest way to make a souls game harder is to never use the bow.

I think you meant the Thief/Fog ring. Bows are still tricky to use since you can't move after shooting the arrow.
---
PSN: MxWhiteKnight
#23NovaLevossidaPosted 11/11/2012 2:13:30 AM
Mal_Fet posted...
I'm willing to bet most bosses would be cake if the player had the ability to start back up right before them..

The game already has this feature. When you unlock shortcuts or discover the fastest but less obvious routes to bosses (such as the drops in the Catacombs or the drop down in New Londo), most bosses are 1-2 minutes from a bonfire at most. There's nothing saying that you have to kill everything on the way to the boss either.
---
Invading world of the guilty as spirit of vengeance The guilty pay the price.
I hate Square-Activision's FFXIII and its slew of cash-in spin-offs & sequels
#24Eddo_CPosted 11/11/2012 2:43:55 AM
It really depends on what you consider hard.

A lot of people perceived dying as "hard", hence why this game get the reputation. The game also punishes for mistakes, but they are what they are, mistakes. Which means it is easily correctable. Rarely does the game present you a challenge where it seems difficult to achieve, barring the 4 Kings.

And requiring to level up and grinding is 2 very different things.
---
You're pretty radical, can I fill your valence?
#25Ultima_Weapon33Posted 11/11/2012 4:33:17 AM
The only people I find that don't think the DS games are hard are those that walkthrough whore the game and rush to use the broken items.
---
You'll see - Eternal love, that's what this is
This feeling that I just cannot resist... OD
#26BloodShadowXPosted 11/11/2012 4:35:35 AM
Dragon arrows+bridge
---
If it's not broken improve it!
#27Lousy_FellowPosted 11/11/2012 4:39:47 AM
Sure way to troll the DS boards: claiming the game is too hard will bring a bunch of "lol you just suck" posts.
Claiming the game is not that hard will get "lol try playing with X and Y" and "lol stop being overpowered".

I agree with TC, and with Cvdf3's post.

I think that If there wasn't that "lose all your stuff and backtrack to where you last rested", the game would be much easier. Bosses aren't all that hard to defeat, it's mostly the cheap shots and traps that you don't expect that kill you. The difficulty reduces considerably once you learn about those, but you'll probably die a bit until you get the hang of it.

Bloodstain runs can be dangerous to beginners. It may lock you into a eternal loop if you die in a boss: might be best to run straight to it, and probably die again to it before exploring any other ways because you just lost 100000 exp and a lot of hard to get humanity. The problem is that you end up backtracking too much, and this is boring, so you'll rush through and die because you weren't careful enough.

Hence people who can't tolerate dying too much or not used to "lose" in most games claim it's superhard.

And no matter what, this is a RPG. In regular circumstances of normal play (no, no challenges - games that are truly hard don't need those), you'll still overpower enemies at some point. DS just needs a little more attention and skill than most.

DS gives you "options". And no, you aren't a wimp for using them, since they are in the game. Upgrading equipment, wearing special rings, even grinding is fair play. Compared to action games where it's all about skill, and there's no other way around: you suck, you fail, DS is much more lenient in it's difficulty.
---
Future of DLC:
http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff514/Skull182-2/FutureofDLC.jpg