Sif: #1 most useless summon?

#81shadowsofdawnPosted 11/12/2012 8:15:06 PM
zyrax2301 posted...
That is why we have the Beckon command.

Facepalm emote is better in that situation.

But yeah, Solaire is a bro.
---
\o/ Administering jolly ass-whoopings everyday.
.||
#82The moonlight knightPosted 11/12/2012 8:15:30 PM
I think he's too busy going, "I GOT DIS" to acknowledge that.
---
I am snazzier, hot, hot rant. Warily slight as.
Croak rush, OK? Weirder, almighty make out. ::)
#83NovaLevossidaPosted 11/12/2012 8:15:36 PM
The moonlight knight posted...
If you seriously wish to argue that Beatrice does more harm than good, well, I already know you're wrong

Actually, I was just about to hop back in this thread and make a childish comment about how you're blatantly wrong with nothing to back it up, but you beat me to it.

I have a certain level of respect for anyone who can survive a fight alongside me in a late-game boss battle like 4 Kings.

And, to be fair, if you were online, I could do jolly cooperation and survive just as easy staying at range and firing magic or arrows. Or I could just wade into the thick of it and not get hit. I'm not terribly impressed by the survivability of an NPC summon whose basic function is to not get close to them, and especially against a boss fight where you can reliably keep the enemy focused on yourself in the first place.

Oh, and talking about AI failures, Beatrice versus Moonlight Butterfly when it lands. Instead of launching those stellar spells, she whacks it with a stick.
---
Invading world of the guilty as spirit of vengeance The guilty pay the price.
I hate Square-Activision's FFXIII and its slew of cash-in spin-offs & sequels
#84zyrax2301Posted 11/12/2012 8:16:47 PM
The moonlight knight posted...
I think he's too busy going, "I GOT DIS" to acknowledge that.

Nobody tells, or gently encourages, Solaire what to do. He loves only one man and that man is the Syun
---
Why? Because **** you is why.
#85Drago77Posted 11/12/2012 8:17:30 PM
FishInMyPants posted...
All wrong.

Lautrec for Gaping Dragon.

*pulls out Parrying Dagger*

*tries to parry charge*

Squish.

Yes! Its great to see him get what he deserves.
---
http://dailydish.typepad.com/.a/6a00d83451c45669e2014e8aa7fa89970d-popup
^That's you.
#86The moonlight knightPosted 11/12/2012 8:36:41 PM
Actually, I was just about to hop back in this thread and make a childish comment about how you're blatantly wrong with nothing to back it up, but you beat me to it.

It's a yes or no matter, and my experience has already confirmed that no, she doesn't do more harm than good. There's literally nothing that can be said that undoes that, unless the newest patch nerfed her, which in turn would only serve as further proof that I was right.

And, to be fair, if you were online, I could do jolly cooperation and survive just as easy staying at range and firing magic or arrows. Or I could just wade into the thick of it and not get hit.

Wow so humans > AI? Who'd a thunk it.

I'm not terribly impressed by the survivability of an NPC summon whose basic function is to not get close to them, and especially against a boss fight where you can reliably keep the enemy focused on yourself in the first place.

Her damage output is good too.

Oh, and talking about AI failures, Beatrice versus Moonlight Butterfly when it lands. Instead of launching those stellar spells, she whacks it with a stick.

Yet still can solo it.
---
#87SwimmingToasterPosted 11/12/2012 9:40:27 PM(edited)
Well, Solaire is pretty bad at gaping dragon, but at least he can do SOME damage and pull. Probably not worth giving Gaping Dragon, who is already a joke to deal with, more health.

Sif is pretty terrible, but at least he kinda pulls Manus. Maybe worth it simply because of this pulling, but that's totally up for debate.

Beatrice is 100% not worth it. Bad spells, lolfragile, and giving the 4kings any more health is a terrible idea. -3/10 would not summon.
---
GT: PowderdToastMan
http://bf3stats.com/stats_360/PowderdToastMan
#88Enoch_ChingPosted 11/12/2012 10:03:38 PM
if you don't summon beatrice for the 4 kings fight, do you still have access to the witch's gear afterwards in valley of the drakes? just wanna know if i can finally stop summoning her for the 4 kings since in NG+3 the health boost the 4 kings get is insane
---
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator due to subversive content]
PSN and GT: sc1sserblade
#89The moonlight knightPosted 11/12/2012 10:06:50 PM
Yeah it'll still show up. No need to summon her.

Well, I'm fairly sure anyway. I guess I haven't paid too close attention after the first few playthroughs, but I seem to recall seeing her stuff there even times I didn't summon her for the fight.
---
#90Snipa_Wulf12Posted 11/12/2012 10:54:16 PM
Hey moonlight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LL-8aTVl0Qc
---
PSN:Snipa_Wulf
Current Main: Obsidian Dark Mage; Arty head and chest, Goughs hands, Ciarans Legs. OGS,TCC,DHS,Magic CB.