Different classes do NOT have the same base stats

#11Number4RocketPosted 11/14/2012 2:34:16 AM
badassmark posted...
very true. But since the pyro starts at lvl 1 it not only has the most starting points (tied with the wanderer) but it also has the most freedom of placement. I would argue that this makes it the best class....

No, it makes it the class chosen most often. If by best you simply mean that out of 10 different builds, most of the starting classes would by pyros, then OK, it's the "best".

That 8 faith isn't supporting any faith builds, that's for sure.
#12RENNELSPosted 11/14/2012 2:38:35 AM
Old news.

Resistance is not calculated.

Omit it from your additions and check your numbers again.
---
Posts in a topic do not have to be on topic if it goes with the natural flow of conversation.- Baseman (Moderator)
#13X-PICU-XPosted 11/14/2012 3:29:08 AM
So wanderer & pyro is the "best" starting class? Well I don't use magic or miracles only st, dex & PW. I always started as a warrior cause it has the less points in res, int & faith. So I'm I doing it wrong? Start at lv 4 but its ok cause I use every other stats.
---
PS3 ID: X-PICU-X
"life its simple...just take choices & never look back"
#14Silent_AlarmPosted 11/14/2012 3:31:11 AM
ancapaillmor posted...
It was the same in demons every class has a different starting soul level, having lower points in some stats gives you more room to customize your build, maybe you don't want to waste points on 14 faith or 12 int etc you want those points elsewhere. Also How else would you get Ng++++ SL1 runs.

It's not the same as Demon's, in DS every class had an equivalent amount of levels once you took their starting SL into account. Every character had a max of 712, which isn't the case in DkS.
---
PSN & XBL: AM180
My Demon's/Dark Souls Vids: http://www.youtube.com/user/AM1800?feature=mhee
#15tlnPosted 11/14/2012 3:34:59 AM
There is no starting class that is considered the best. Look at the final stats you want to achieve and then compare the base stats of all the classes. For min-maxing purposes, all of the following classes have their place:

Bandit
Pyromancer
Cleric
Sorcerer
Wanderer
#16DahlVaughnniPosted 11/14/2012 4:21:41 AM
I always start with a bandit no matter what anyways. Very smooth start, especially if I'm rushing it and want to get the drake's sword right away.
---
Gamertag: Archlvt (I no longer have XBL Gold)
3DS FC: 4296 3610 2207
#17SolidKnightPosted 11/14/2012 4:37:08 AM
The best starting class is the one that allows you to achieve your end-game stats at the lowest possible soul level. If you don't care about that, then the best starting class is the one that starts with the gear you like best.
#18Dex_PyromaniacPosted 11/14/2012 4:50:02 AM
Dont add resistance

Now they are equal

For builds that use int -> wanderer/pyro
For builds that use fai -> cleric/bandit
For str builds -> bandit
For dex builds -> wanderer/warrior/pyro/bandit
For vit gouge -> warrior/bandit
---
GT - Dex Pyromaniac
http://www.youtube.com/user/Dexpyro <===== Dark Souls stuff
#19Takeda123Posted 11/14/2012 6:33:34 AM
Number4Rocket posted...
No.

Pyro is best for most builds.

Not all.

Who cares about points you won't use.

No, pyro isn't the best at all.

Not even close.

Warrior has the best stats.
---
Pre-Patch: NERF BKGA, DWGR, and BACKSTABS!
Post Patch:The game is meant for you to exploit!