Jolly Co-op ain't so jolly with the lack of co-op as of late...

#1RIDDICKulousOnePosted 11/14/2012 7:02:34 AM
So let me start off by saying I am a veteran 'Souls' game player (been playing since the NA release of Demon's Souls), and the absolute high point of these game for me has always been the Jolly Co-op with others. It would seem as of late however, that getting summoned in Dark Souls has become quite a chore. I had no issues the first few days of the DLC release (farmed up over 5mil souls the first day killin' the DLC bosses), but since the DLC graphics glitch has appeared, summoning has kinda really died off. I understand the principle of placing signs in places where players will be able to easily find them even without seeing them, and do utilize such tactics, but to no avail. I also am pretty sure I have a decent understanding of how the covenant system works in regards to getting summoned, but it seems that finding a co-op partner anywhere in the entire game is not as it once was; summons are few and far between. I did take a good long break from this game (approximately the entirety of the time we all were running patch 1.05, so if any substantial changes took place regarding the rules of summoning effected by covenants or what have you, I may not be aware of them). My current knowledge of this goes as far as, for a host to summon me, I must be within 10 +/- approximately 15% of their soul level. I usually play characters level 50-100 (mostly level 100 in Dark Souls), as I prefer the steeper level of competition and skill level required to be successful in PvP (as opposed to higher levels where everyone just stacks poise and fast rolls with their heavy armor regardless of their character build). If anyone knows as to why Jolly Co-op has become so much less jolly as of the past week or two, and could give me some information or tips as to how to remedy this, it would be greatly appreciated. Thank ya kindly in advance. -Praise the sun!
#2westergoonPosted 11/14/2012 7:09:13 AM(edited)
Is it specific to the DLC areas? I spent a few hours the other night invading (I was SL 100) Anor Londo and every host had two phantom buddies. I wonder if the flickering problem is affecting the summon signs...
---
YOU SO BEST
PSN - westergoon, because I'm tall... and goonish...
#3shadowsofdawnPosted 11/14/2012 7:11:04 AM
I was not prepared for the wall o' text, that was to assault my eyes.
---
\o/ Administering jolly ass-whoopings everyday.
.||
#4AdarksoulPosted 11/14/2012 7:12:53 AM
yes the flickering problem does indeed effect the summon signs, dark times bro..dark times..
#5Oil_Rope_BombsPosted 11/14/2012 7:14:50 AM
Wall of text.

Topiclist.
---
Previously known as Oil_rope_bombs.
http://i.imgur.com/mLCkc.png
#6RIDDICKulousOne(Topic Creator)Posted 11/14/2012 7:16:10 AM
westergoon posted...
Is it specific to the DLC areas? I spent a few hours the other night invading (I was SL 100) Anor Londo and every host had two phantom buddies. I wonder if the flickering problem is affecting the summon signs...

Seems to be everywhere for me. I just chilled with my sign in Anor Londo, Tomb of Giants, Duke's Archive, and the Kiln today (spent like 15-20 minutes in each, replacing my sign every 2 minutes or so) and no dice on getting summoned at all. Got summoned once in Oolicile Township once this morning, but after getting all the way to the boss gate in the Chasm, the host decided that running right off the cliff was the way to go. Haven't been summoned since.
#7RIDDICKulousOne(Topic Creator)Posted 11/14/2012 9:12:05 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#8MoonlightTrollPosted 11/14/2012 9:12:52 AM
OMG

Dude

Use

The

Enter

Key
#9szathmabPosted 11/14/2012 9:23:52 AM
RIDDICKulousOne posted...
Alright, so I think, mayhap, I have found a solution to this, or at least a possible explanation as to why it is so. I was reading a few other threads on here and discovered that quite a few people are experiencing glitches outside the realms of the DLC (floating bloodstains and such), and the general consensus is that when one quits the game completely and relaunches it, the glitches do not return until the next visit to any DLC areas. So I completely exited out of the game and relaunched it, placed signs in Anor Londo and the Kiln and, HEY! tons of summoning. I revisited the DLC areas again, then returned to place a sign at the same locations and, once again, no dice (accept for one random summon within about 30 minutes). Completely closed out and relaunched again and was all good for being summoned. I am aware that this could indeed simply just be happenstance, so if anyone has similar experiences, please post to confirm these findings. The basic conclusion I have reached at the moment is that the DLC has acquired tons of technical 'demons', and it is ideal to stay away from it unless absolutely necessary (or you are just invading, as that seems to be unaffected by all of this nonsense).

Sorry I can't read that on my phone.
---
Please call me HK
A little effort here and there will serve you well, princess.
#10HolyGravePosted 11/14/2012 9:28:58 AM
szathmab posted...
RIDDICKulousOne posted...
Alright, so I think, mayhap, I have found a solution to this, or at least a possible explanation as to why it is so. I was reading a few other threads on here and discovered that quite a few people are experiencing glitches outside the realms of the DLC (floating bloodstains and such), and the general consensus is that when one quits the game completely and relaunches it, the glitches do not return until the next visit to any DLC areas. So I completely exited out of the game and relaunched it, placed signs in Anor Londo and the Kiln and, HEY! tons of summoning. I revisited the DLC areas again, then returned to place a sign at the same locations and, once again, no dice (accept for one random summon within about 30 minutes). Completely closed out and relaunched again and was all good for being summoned. I am aware that this could indeed simply just be happenstance, so if anyone has similar experiences, please post to confirm these findings. The basic conclusion I have reached at the moment is that the DLC has acquired tons of technical 'demons', and it is ideal to stay away from it unless absolutely necessary (or you are just invading, as that seems to be unaffected by all of this nonsense).

Sorry I can't read that on my phone.

---
Add dei_sicarius for dark souls co op.