How are people so bad at the centipede?

#1Number4RocketPosted 11/18/2012 2:43:01 AM
I know your camera can go wild but sheeeeeesh. I need that 1 Humanity please, and this is taking WAY too long for that.
#2beezysheezyPosted 11/18/2012 2:44:50 AM
Centipede Demon became way easier once I stopped locking on.
#3Number4Rocket(Topic Creator)Posted 11/18/2012 2:48:43 AM
I dunno what it was, but people died on me 4 times in a row now.

Last battle I ran right into the lava with the lava ring, cut the tail of myself while the owner of world and another player waited on the platoform.

Luckily, the word player was smart enough to equip the ring right away and help me take off the remaining 1/3 of the health by the time he got there.

I'm not trying to brag, but... ugh, how do people get so thrashed by that thing?
#4m415mikePosted 11/18/2012 2:56:08 AM
Honestly, centipede demon seems like one of the better bosses to fight as a phantom. Since you have the ring, you should be able to run right out into the lava and kill the boss before the host even gets a chance to engage. This reduces the risk of the host getting himself killed by the boss.
#5papayaPosted 11/18/2012 3:05:11 AM
If you have the ring it's totally different story. If you didn't, you can't even get near him without getting yourself on fire. I just passed there i summoned the NPC but i could do much damage. However the glitch helped me when i got swallowed and he end up on the ceiling, drop dead.
---
(D^_^)D
#6Number4Rocket(Topic Creator)Posted 11/18/2012 3:35:26 AM
papaya posted...
If you have the ring it's totally different story. If you didn't, you can't even get near him without getting yourself on fire. I just passed there i summoned the NPC but i could do much damage. However the glitch helped me when i got swallowed and he end up on the ceiling, drop dead.

You can do damage just fine, You roll past the lava twice to get onto the center platform and you have all the space you should need.

Having the ring IS a totally different story, but by no means should you die so easily without it (as I helped phantom the thing the first 3 times without the ring [didn't kill it myself yet], and every time the host died).
#7FutureShockUKPosted 11/18/2012 4:11:43 AM
I just stayed on the initial platform first time I did it, Solaire distracted him & I Pyro'd him (Seriously, is there anything in this game Pyromancy doesn't work on?)

That knocked his tail off, so I just ran at him & swung for the fences!
---
Intellectual Saviour of the Unwashed Masses. You're Welcome.
GT:Future Shock UK PSN:FutureShockUK