I have some questions about the story. (spoilers)

#1OkikurmiPosted 11/19/2012 3:49:30 PM
1. From what i understand the silver knights, ornstein and smough and gwyndolin are protecting Anor Londo. And gwyndolin is using the illusion of his sister and sunlight to make it seem like Anor Londo is fine.

Why? No one even lives there. Its just a bunch of various guards hanging out. And they aint getting much in the way of tourism apart from me and like 2 other guys. No one is around to even visit. Same with the rest of Lordran. What are all these merchants doing in there spare time, they dont have any costumers apart from me. Infact are people still alive in other kingdoms?

2. The Dragons. Why did Gwyn and his pals take on the dragons? were they evil? I'm guessing they are not just monsters and are sentient. Seath was doing research so i guess they could talk?

And whats the deal with the Dragon in ash lake? It doesnt look much like the ancient dragons. He's seems fluffy and looks like he has a beak, and he is smaller.

And then there is Kalameet. Gough comments that he is an ancient dragon. but again he looks nothng like one. Was he just referring to how old it is?

3. Why are most people against the age of dark? Its just the age of man isnt it? Its not like the old gods have anyone to rule over.

4. Where can i find my own sun? The sun is a wondrous body. Like a magnificent father!
If only I could be so grossly incandescent!
---
I...am...Alexander. Tremble...before me... Worship...my greatness... I shall ascend to the heavens...
#2Cvdf3Posted 11/19/2012 4:00:38 PM(edited)
1. because it's a videogame and you need to get things.

2. it's what you do when you move into an area, clear out the things that are there currently

Why do you assume all of the ancient dragons look alike? Seath looks different in body structure from them as well.

3. people don't like change.
Also the game kind of portrays man as a cancer to the world (the Abyss in Oolacile, what happened to Artorias from being exposed to humanity).

4. space
---
If you build your shop in front of an arrow trap, sometimes you are going to get shot by an arrow.
PSN ~ TFone6
#3Okikurmi(Topic Creator)Posted 11/19/2012 4:06:10 PM
yeah but seath was a freak. He was jelly becuase he was born without stone scales. I assumed it was a birth defect or something.

And i get the impression they all had stone scales, kalameet does not.
---
I...am...Alexander. Tremble...before me... Worship...my greatness... I shall ascend to the heavens...
#4nonononsotshstPosted 11/19/2012 5:16:58 PM
Okikurmi posted...
1. From what i understand the silver knights, ornstein and smough and gwyndolin are protecting Anor Londo. And gwyndolin is using the illusion of his sister and sunlight to make it seem like Anor Londo is fine.

Why? No one even lives there. Its just a bunch of various guards hanging out. And they aint getting much in the way of tourism apart from me and like 2 other guys. No one is around to even visit. Same with the rest of Lordran. What are all these merchants doing in there spare time, they dont have any costumers apart from me. Infact are people still alive in other kingdoms?

2. The Dragons. Why did Gwyn and his pals take on the dragons? were they evil? I'm guessing they are not just monsters and are sentient. Seath was doing research so i guess they could talk?

And whats the deal with the Dragon in ash lake? It doesnt look much like the ancient dragons. He's seems fluffy and looks like he has a beak, and he is smaller.

And then there is Kalameet. Gough comments that he is an ancient dragon. but again he looks nothng like one. Was he just referring to how old it is?

3. Why are most people against the age of dark? Its just the age of man isnt it? Its not like the old gods have anyone to rule over.

4. Where can i find my own sun? The sun is a wondrous body. Like a magnificent father!
If only I could be so grossly incandescent!

1. Anor Londo is the city of the gods. It's not for tourism, it's the gods city. Gwyndolyn is as much deluding himself as anyone else. Also, the mercents are serving all the NPCs in the world, and also other adventurers. Many of the hollows and bodies in the world are other failed adventurers.
2. The dragons were the first "gods" as it were, Gwyn and the others were the new gods. Kind of like the Titans and the Olympian gods in ancient greece. The stone dragon in ash lake is an ancient dragon, just not a very big one.
3. They don't want the gods to die. That's essentially it. The gods are manipulating people to ensure that their power continues. Linking the fire keeps power in the gods hands.
4. Check out lost Izalith
---
Car Specification Wiki
http://www.allcarwiki.com
#5-Crazy_Dude-Posted 11/19/2012 5:26:34 PM
Mate you should look up the Lore videos from Epic Name Bro on youtube.

He goes pretty in depth with the story, so you should find some answers there.
#6Okikurmi(Topic Creator)Posted 11/20/2012 6:03:55 AM
I have watched his videos, they are all good. I just felt a few things were left unanswered.
---
#7Coast2coastPosted 11/20/2012 6:29:08 AM
It is a theory that Gwyndolyn is kind of pulling the strings of the whole chosen undead bit. Basically looking for an undead to kill his father (he was raised as a girl from birth, so I'm sure he has daddy issues) and then kindle the flame (Gwynevere tells you to do so) to keep his godly powers going (flames go out, no more lord soul power)

In that way he keeps Anor Londo nice and sunny illusion up so the undead doesn't bother poking his nose into anything more and takes it at face value then goes to kill Gwyn.

It doesn't really say if the dragons were evil or kind or just neutral to the inhabitants of the world. But if you take the intro cinematic into account, the world looked like a pretty **** place to live. Plus it seemed like most of the non dragon beings were hiding underground. So killing the dragons definitely boosted their quality of life if nothing else.
#8Coast2coastPosted 11/20/2012 6:38:15 AM
Oh and I would assume that most people are against the age of dark because, like someone else said, Gwyn and them are the gods of that world. They are worshipped and loved by the common person and they ushered in an entire age of prosperity for humans. Before the undead and darksign appear there's a feasibly long time that humans were probably just kicking back and loving the fact they didn't have to worry about dragons anymore, and they directly had Gwyn to thank for that.
#9Okikurmi(Topic Creator)Posted 11/20/2012 11:28:17 AM
Coast2coast posted...
Oh and I would assume that most people are against the age of dark because, like someone else said, Gwyn and them are the gods of that world. They are worshipped and loved by the common person and they ushered in an entire age of prosperity for humans. Before the undead and darksign appear there's a feasibly long time that humans were probably just kicking back and loving the fact they didn't have to worry about dragons anymore, and they directly had Gwyn to thank for that.

Makes sense i guess. Even Gwndolyn is the only God left.
---
#10DagorhaPosted 11/20/2012 12:19:27 PM
1. Gwnd's own delusion in trying to keep keep everything together the best he can. Maybe he was guessing that the other Gods would come back after the fire was linked or something to that affect.

2. The Dragons had the power. They controlled everything. Gwyn and his crew wanted to usurp their power and institute their own. Also when were you under the assumptions all the dragons needed to look the same? Do all humans look the same? Do all of the witches look the same? No, it's silly to think otherwise. A better question would be how Kalameet was such a problem for Anor Londo when a blind Gough nailed him hard with a single arrow...

3. Cause the God's like having power and the age of man = no power for them. Also there is a small idea that the age of dark might mean the world is swallowed by the abyss.
---
You don't get a gold star for being less bloody stupid than another bloody stupid person when you are still demonstrably bloody stupid. -the final bahamut