I tell ya, after this update

#11AtelierCorvusPosted 11/19/2012 5:32:28 PM
aneed4peed posted...
From: Number4Rocket | Posted: 11/19/2012 11:36:33 PM | #007
Metatron_lord posted...
Because the DWGR actually made unique builds viable

Huh...?

By unique builds you mean ninja flip with anything?

You're being unfair here. Just because everyone used DWGR didn't mean their build wasn't unique. There are other things to consider then you look at "Unique". You have weapons, you have armour sets, you have spells and miracles and pyromancy.

What i'm saying here Princess, is to open your mind and consider the bigger picture.

So you don't think that people should have to pay a price for having high poise and armor?
---
I use Gamefaqs as a toilet to crap out as much hate and venom as possible so I can be happy and nice in everything else I do. sorry Gamefaqs =/
#12AlbinoCrocodilePosted 11/19/2012 5:33:22 PM
aneed4peed posted...
From: Number4Rocket | Posted: 11/19/2012 11:36:33 PM | #007
Metatron_lord posted...
Because the DWGR actually made unique builds viable

Huh...?

By unique builds you mean ninja flip with anything?

You're being unfair here. Just because everyone used DWGR didn't mean their build wasn't unique. There are other things to consider then you look at "Unique". You have weapons, you have armour sets, you have spells and miracles and pyromancy.

What i'm saying here Princess, is to open your mind and consider the bigger picture.

As true as that is, most of the time it was havels/smough/giants with a heavy stunlocking weapon.
---
Miss Albino at your service.
I'm about as decisive on this signature as I am about dyeing my radiant scales black.
#13Metatron_lord(Topic Creator)Posted 11/19/2012 5:34:58 PM
That's just it.

With a majority of my builds that used armour (I mostly play Dragonoid) I had the perfect setup to keep a medium based armour build in the lesser equip burden bracket.

Now that it's 25%, and the medium roll is by all that is quintessentially bloody terrible.... doesn't leave many options does it.

Why? Because 25% is too much to theorise good viable builds that you can count with more than 1 hand. and anything over that the rolls just become useless. If it was at at 33%, that would make life so much easier (the quick roll). It has just crippled too many builds that have relied on medium set armours..... and 80% of those were mine, the rest Dragonoid.

That is why I am peeved off at PvP. It's boring when you're fighting the same build, the same person just masked with different names.
#14Number4RocketPosted 11/19/2012 5:42:46 PM
What?

I'm still not understanding you.
There was far more of the same build before.

Now there is A REASON TO GO 25%.
That NEVER existed before beyond for bragging and feeling badass purposes.

The existence of 25% fast-roll builds, 25% DWGR builds, and then the heavy 50% mid-roll builds made it far more variable than it used to be.

Your stats and spells won't change.

But what did change is the amount of poise, the speed of the characters, and the item ring equips (though 95% still run RofaP).

Just because you don't like mid-speed rolls doesn't validate your "less variety" claim.

Stay salty.
#15Metatron_lord(Topic Creator)Posted 11/19/2012 5:48:08 PM
Number4Rocket posted...
What?

I'm still not understanding you.
There was far more of the same build before.

Now there is A REASON TO GO 25%.
That NEVER existed before beyond for bragging and feeling badass purposes.

The existence of 25% fast-roll builds, 25% DWGR builds, and then the heavy 50% mid-roll builds made it far more variable than it used to be.

Your stats and spells won't change.

But what did change is the amount of poise, the speed of the characters, and the item ring equips (though 95% still run RofaP).

Just because you don't like mid-speed rolls doesn't validate your "less variety" claim.

Stay salty.

Lesser variety lol, it's a necessity now which is all I'm saying.

Any man who attempts to mid-roll or use a build that utilitises that is utterly insane.. a masochist if you will. Why? Because the recovery frames are just that bad on it.
But someone who lacks cognitive faculties such as yourself likely can't comprehend the concept.

Stay a sheep to the Shepard.
Stay Potato'y
#16Number4RocketPosted 11/19/2012 5:51:21 PM
Keep going! Your tears are delicious.

http://t.fireden.net/t/fireden.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/Yotsuba-Delicious-Tears.jpg
#17Metatron_lord(Topic Creator)Posted 11/19/2012 5:55:34 PM
Lol you're delusional.
#18dizzy_pigPosted 11/19/2012 5:58:53 PM
Metatron_lord posted...

If it was at at 33%, that would make life so much easier (the quick roll). It has just crippled too many builds that have relied on medium set armours.....

^ THIS. New weight restriction for effective roll has made PvP very limiting :(. And I NEVER giant rapier derped pre 1.06
---
PSN: dizzy_pig
Pawn: Goblin Jack
#19aneed4peedPosted 11/19/2012 5:58:56 PM
From: AtelierCorvus | Posted: 11/20/2012 12:32:28 AM | #011

So you don't think that people should have to pay a price for having high poise and armor?

Having high poise and wearing heavy armour does not automatically make one a good player.

Just because people chose to stick to the few select optimal setups does not mean there wasn't variety, nor does it mean there wasn't the potential for variety. 50% DWGR allowed for twice as many optimal setups as 25% DWGR does now. It all depends on how the player uses the ring.

You cannot blame the function of an item from the way it is used. "With great power comes great responsibility" works both ways etc etc.

I myself really enjoyed the ring pre-patch because it allowed me to role play as so many different character and still be successful enough online. Now I can't use those builds because they would get raped. And there is no fun in getting raped (unless its reverse r- *cough*).

So yeah, just because x and y = 1, remember that there are 24 other alphabets that could very well mean 2 or even 3!
---
a knock, a thud, a tiny...zwoosh, where?
Please, call me Aneed [http://i.imgur.com/DDzaw.jpg]
#20Dealer-of-DoomPosted 11/19/2012 6:14:56 PM
Pvp has been VERY interesting since the patch. I love it. Variety has absolutely increased. And I play mid roll all the time... and finally i see others midrolling too. And appropriate builds for fast roll. its great. and I am a medium pvp player at best. If i can be successful with midrolling pvp, anyone can.

A challenge? Sure. But, I thought that was dark souls reputation in the first place!

I wish they'd remove the damn flip ring completely. It's stupid.