Healing in the arena

#1golDroger88Posted 11/19/2012 5:15:22 PM
The first time I duelled in the arena I realized what HUGE mistake I made...not having highed my faith to just 12 so that I could have used heal.
Now I have another character, have heal and just started to duel in the Arena.
The point of the post is: as I said I started using heal in the arena and it works very well indeed but...I feel like a douchbag. I think From should just have disabled ALL healing possibilities in the Arena.
#2zyrax2301Posted 11/19/2012 5:17:39 PM
Why? You put the points in, you're carrying a talisman, and you're using an attunement slot for it. Seems fair to me.
---
Why? Because **** you is why.
#3aneed4peedPosted 11/19/2012 5:21:19 PM
I always get the same image when I see people heal in the arena - Desperation.

I guess it's harsh but I could never see myself healing in the arena. I think of it as sudden death kinda thing, see how far you can without dying. It's more exciting that way.

Of course this is all IN MY OPINION... but I feel that others should also consider this.

And to end this off!

HEALING IS FOR LOSERS, BECAUSE WHY ELSE WOULD YOU HEAL
---
a knock, a thud, a tiny...zwoosh, where?
Please, call me Aneed [http://i.imgur.com/DDzaw.jpg]
#4aneed4peedPosted 11/19/2012 5:28:29 PM
Why? You put the points in, you're carrying a talisman, and you're using an attunement slot for it. Seems fair to me.

Hm... it seems that we are at a disagreement here zee zee. This will surely put our e-friendship at risk. I propose an e-get together to make things up. I'll bring the vodka and you can bring the beer.
---
a knock, a thud, a tiny...zwoosh, where?
Please, call me Aneed [http://i.imgur.com/DDzaw.jpg]
#5Nick_Chaos007Posted 11/19/2012 5:44:41 PM
It's called Red Tearstone ring.

I can't heal, I equip this when I'm low on hp after a arena fight I just won. INSTANT GRATIFICATION!

Also my secret weapon.
---
Kill one man, You're a murderer. Kill 1,000 men, You're a king. Kill them all....and You're a god!
#6nukedduckPosted 11/19/2012 5:44:51 PM
aneed4peed posted...

I guess it's harsh but I could never see myself healing in the arena. I think of it as sudden death kinda thing, see how far you can without dying. It's more exciting that way.

Of course this is all IN MY OPINION... but I feel that others should also consider this.

And to end this off!

I heard from someone that you heal to prevent losing...hmmmm. These theories are a crashin'!!
---
PSN ID: radiatedduck
the most wonderful thing about radiatedducks, is IM THE ONLY ONE!!!
#7kwong0028Posted 11/19/2012 6:00:12 PM
Dumb question: it's been a long time since I played, but I never remembered an arena mode... is this added via a patch or is it related to the "prepare to die edition". But I thought the ptde was PC only... man I've been away longer than I thought...
#8golDroger88(Topic Creator)Posted 11/19/2012 6:31:08 PM
nukedduck posted...
aneed4peed posted...

And to end this off!

I heard from someone that you heal to prevent losing...hmmmm. These theories are a crashin'!!

Isn't it the same thing?
I have a lvl 100 dex-vit build with 12 points in faith just to heal myself in the arena but it feels sooo cheap to use it...
This is my opinion, and still I think I will use heal cause the Arena is filled with players that aren't even going to attack you with a weapon, infinitely casting (invisible) spells, healing, running away from you when winning, absurdly lagging, only looking for bs...
Maybe I'm just a bad player, after all.
#9ArronAubinPosted 11/19/2012 7:02:46 PM
If your opponent gives you enough time to use a healing miracle, then all the power to ya'. It's your opponent's fault for giving up that golden opportunity.
#10zyrax2301Posted 11/19/2012 7:09:12 PM
I will acquiesce to your good feelins aneed...I don't condone any healing in PvP anyways.
---
Why? Because **** you is why.