Flagged: A story of disconnecting and revenge

#21caramel_codPosted 11/20/2012 4:18:40 PM
Orochi_Lede posted...
but i think you took it more seriously that you went through the trouble just to get him back instead of just moving on. you were pretty determined to ruin his game at all costs and he clearly just wanted to get through the level,

that actually is very annoying,

Eh, I'd understand that viewpoint if he didn't gloat. TC said that the guy kept messaging him about how cool he was for d/cing. Dude clearly felt he was untouchable.
#22zyrax2301Posted 11/20/2012 4:20:46 PM
Good job TC, one less person uploading their gaming videos.

I don't really have anything against uploaders but there's just so damn many these days, for every single game...guh. Errybody wants in on that PIE, likesubcomment bros I want money
---
Why? Because **** you is why.
#23Dissonance2003Posted 11/20/2012 4:25:10 PM
So one loser was irritating in a video game, so a bigger loser decided to stalk him and sabotage his unrelated Internet presence?

Wow, what a heart warming story.
---
http://www.last.fm/user/DrDissonance
grimgastronomicon.wordpress.com
#24ZephranthesPosted 11/20/2012 4:29:17 PM
Ouch! Can't condone it but he sounded really annoying. Only thing worse than a jerk invader is a jerk host.
#25NKM_AtomskPosted 11/20/2012 4:46:20 PM
On a note, unrelated to this whining, I have poured 300+ hours into this game, have killed those archers head-on, with a great shield, with normal and poison arrows, but the thought of summoning phantoms for them never crossed my mind. :S
#26Orochi_LedePosted 11/20/2012 5:18:55 PM(edited)
caramel_cod posted...
Orochi_Lede posted...
but i think you took it more seriously that you went through the trouble just to get him back instead of just moving on. you were pretty determined to ruin his game at all costs and he clearly just wanted to get through the level,

that actually is very annoying,

Eh, I'd understand that viewpoint if he didn't gloat. TC said that the guy kept messaging him about how cool he was for d/cing. Dude clearly felt he was untouchable.

Hmm i actually overlooked that part completly, but that is basic "whatever helps you sleep at night" talk.

he and the invader knew full well that gloating wasn't needed, but in this case, both were in the wrong.

but someone gloating hiding behide phantoms/Dcing isn't new. you just laugh and shake your head and move on.

On a note, unrelated to this whining, I have poured 300+ hours into this game, have killed those archers head-on, with a great shield, with normal and poison arrows, but the thought of summoning phantoms for them never crossed my mind. :S

I never did either really, but they started enraging me at one point to where i just taught my self to evade thier arrows on the way up and parry/kill him when he pulls his sword out or block him untill he pushes him self off the cliff with the force.
---
Careful what you say, mods can now delete posts based on what they think are insults rather then actual fact based insults, Terrible system at it's finest.
#27ShenGonPosted 11/20/2012 5:43:10 PM
I couldn't help but notice that as long as beat him in game you were cool but the first time you actually died, that is when you just couldn't take it anymore.

I am definitely not condoning what the other guy did but unfortunately, the are imbeciles in the world, imbeciles on the internet and imbeciles in Dark Souls. But from the sounds of it he was a poor winner and a poor loser.

You were just a poor loser.
---
"Does Heaven wish us to destroy ourselves?"
Liu Bei, Kessen II
#28DeliciousMoose(Topic Creator)Posted 11/20/2012 5:53:48 PM
ShenGon posted...
I couldn't help but notice that as long as beat him in game you were cool but the first time you actually died, that is when you just couldn't take it anymore.

I am definitely not condoning what the other guy did but unfortunately, the are imbeciles in the world, imbeciles on the internet and imbeciles in Dark Souls. But from the sounds of it he was a poor winner and a poor loser.

You were just a poor loser.

Well the previous times I killed him he was in the area with the giants and the gargoyles, so when he dced he wasn't making any progress.

The problem was that it was a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation in my last invasion. If I kill the phantoms, he disconnects right next to the next bonfire and keeps his progress. If I die, he still keeps the progress.

I had to be careful enough to keep at least one phantom alive, kill the host and keep myself alive. No easy task when the host is chugging estus every time I scratch his bodyguards. It was a lose-lose situation, and I was pissed that his cheating actually paid off for him. haha
#29AlbinoCrocodilePosted 11/20/2012 6:07:06 PM
Seems some people like DC'ers and gloating fools.

I wish I could do what you did TC, it would be fun.
---
Miss Albino at your service.
I'm about as decisive on this signature as I am about dyeing my radiant scales black.
#30simonbelmont2Posted 11/20/2012 6:14:29 PM
I think people take this game way too seriously. TC could of just moved on and invaded someone else. The host was an immature chump for gloating and I would of ignored him. Tracking him down and getting his account closed was a bit of a drastic measure.

Also disconnecting isn't really cheating. In a way it is griefing the griefer. Instead of the host getting invaded and having his game disrupted he prevents the invader from getting to him. I think that's why so many invaders complain about it. I don't think it is generally a necessary tactic though as getting killed in an invasion is not the end of the world. Unfortunately dark souls is a game where players who are not really into pvp will still get invaded. If they want to kindle a fire or do co op etc invasions are inevitable. Those situations mean you will always get disconnecters sadly. What worse is you get invaders targeting players trying to summon help for the anor londo bosses. Or invaders targeting new players going through the undead burg etc. With scenarios like that disconnecters are to be expected. It's a shame that some players feel the need to DC to avoid invading players.
---
Carl Kolchak: You should meet my boss. He'd turn Buddha into a chain smoker.