Flagged: A story of disconnecting and revenge

#31ShenGonPosted 11/20/2012 6:15:31 PM
DeliciousMoose posted...
ShenGon posted...
I couldn't help but notice that as long as beat him in game you were cool but the first time you actually died, that is when you just couldn't take it anymore.

I am definitely not condoning what the other guy did but unfortunately, the are imbeciles in the world, imbeciles on the internet and imbeciles in Dark Souls. But from the sounds of it he was a poor winner and a poor loser.

You were just a poor loser.

Well the previous times I killed him he was in the area with the giants and the gargoyles, so when he dced he wasn't making any progress.

The problem was that it was a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation in my last invasion. If I kill the phantoms, he disconnects right next to the next bonfire and keeps his progress. If I die, he still keeps the progress.

I had to be careful enough to keep at least one phantom alive, kill the host and keep myself alive. No easy task when the host is chugging estus every time I scratch his bodyguards. It was a lose-lose situation, and I was pissed that his cheating actually paid off for him. haha

I will admit that would annoy the living hell out of me. But I guess in my twisted logic, if he is going to send smart ass messages my way win or lose, it would have been better to have done everything you did after I did beat down his phantoms and made him disconnect, not waited until I got beat. If I am going to make him pay for being an ass, it would be because he is an ass, not because he is an ass that beat me.

Actually, what I found by pure accident, is that I enjoy the game lot more with my message notifications turned off. I had turned them off when I was playing Fall Out New Vegas because I had read that it was supposed to help with the freezing in that game ( it doesn't) I never did turn it back on though until one day I was scrolling through my friends list and saw I had all these messages from months back. If I had read some of them at the time, I might have been tempted to respond or get even in the game but since I didn't, I just played the game and had fun.
---
"Does Heaven wish us to destroy ourselves?"
Liu Bei, Kessen II
#32RENNELSPosted 11/20/2012 6:21:01 PM
So you fault a guy for gloating, yet you spew your own gloat on GameFAQS.

Tell me more about your distorted sense of justice.

/wonka
---
Posts in a topic do not have to be on topic if it goes with the natural flow of conversation.- Baseman (Moderator)
#33corlynnclawPosted 11/20/2012 6:26:16 PM
simonbelmont2 posted...
Also disconnecting isn't really cheating.

Where is this attitude coming from? It's so obviously cheating. lol
Like multiple people have already said, being killed and pulling a plug to not die is plainly, blatantly cheating.
---
PSN: CorlynnClaw
#34simonbelmont2Posted 11/20/2012 6:38:59 PM
corlynnclaw posted...
simonbelmont2 posted...
Also disconnecting isn't really cheating.

Where is this attitude coming from? It's so obviously cheating. lol
Like multiple people have already said, being killed and pulling a plug to not die is plainly, blatantly cheating.

I was talking specifically about players that disconnect before the invader reaches them. Those players probably disconnect as soon as they get invaded. That to me seems unnecessary but not a big deal for the invader and is fairly harmless. DC'ing when you've been beaten to deny the invader a win seems a bit silly and troll like behaviour though. That is a completely different context.
---
Carl Kolchak: You should meet my boss. He'd turn Buddha into a chain smoker.
#35DarkGam3rPosted 11/20/2012 6:46:02 PM
*applause*
---
"I'm no hero."
#36mycousinvinniePosted 11/20/2012 7:15:59 PM
your a pretty big D bag man