What they should of kept in Dark Souls converting from Demon's Souls

#11d3dsightPosted 11/21/2012 12:58:58 PM
Starting DkS literally the moment I finished DeS, the lack of boss souls (and variety in what you could craft from them) was confusing (and ended up being the biggest disappointment of mine).

And I don't think anyone mentioned the crystal lizards difference. I liked the way they were in DeS, although having a few pure stones (moonlightstone and darkmoonstone at least) being completely missable is questionable.
#12zyrax2301Posted 11/21/2012 1:11:53 PM
^ The pure dark/moonstones aren't actually missable if you exploit the save system the same way that online duping works. You could kill any lizard an infinite amount of times, as long as you quit the game via XMB before closing the Item Received window. When you reload the lizard is alive again.

I never did this, tedioussssss...and I generally got a pure stone in a run anyway. But there's always a way.
---
Why? Because **** you is why.
#13twotonezPosted 11/21/2012 1:12:03 PM
Lower HP in soul form was terrible. Cling ring system sucked.

Tendency sucked. It would change the way people invade now. There would be even MORE disconnects because people wouldn't want to die when they get invaded even more then they do now.

MP bar would be a big problem again. People would be spamming magic forever. With casts it makes you use your magic wisely. Or go through NG to get more casts. Makes you have to make some choices instead of letting you cast like a madman. Imagine people spamming Pursuers with no end.

One thing I do wish they did was carry over the BP npcs. I know they have hollow versions but they can be beat with a bare fist. The BP npcs in Demon's souls were freaking tough as hell. Honestly I think the BP npcs were tougher then most of the bosses. Be nice if dark souls had something like that.
#14InfernalFivePosted 11/21/2012 1:17:51 PM
should of
---
"Needs more butter!"
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lyfabsU4xH1qzy531o1_500.jpg
#15BombayNugzPosted 11/21/2012 1:19:16 PM
Meat cleaver was terrible. Gaxe far outdmged it with much less stat investment, and still outdmged it at max stat investment.
---
Go Big Red 9-2 bruh
PSN: BOMBAYNUGZ420
#16HolyGravePosted 11/21/2012 1:21:07 PM
twotonez posted...
Lower HP in soul form was terrible. Cling ring system sucked.

Tendency sucked. It would change the way people invade now. There would be even MORE disconnects because people wouldn't want to die when they get invaded even more then they do now.

MP bar would be a big problem again. People would be spamming magic forever. With casts it makes you use your magic wisely. Or go through NG to get more casts. Makes you have to make some choices instead of letting you cast like a madman. Imagine people spamming Pursuers with no end.

One thing I do wish they did was carry over the BP npcs. I know they have hollow versions but they can be beat with a bare fist. The BP npcs in Demon's souls were freaking tough as hell. Honestly I think the BP npcs were tougher then most of the bosses. Be nice if dark souls had something like that.

Agree.
---
currently playing: Dark souls, AC 3, Dragon's Dogma, Dishonored, Demon Souls.
#17AlbinoCrocodilePosted 11/21/2012 1:22:06 PM
Nothing.
---
Miss Albino at your service.
I'm about as decisive on this signature as I am about dyeing my radiant scales black.
#18Fat_tire789(Topic Creator)Posted 11/21/2012 2:08:09 PM
Bump
---
Pew pew pew... Merica
#19StockpileThomasPosted 11/21/2012 2:15:18 PM
Stealth.
#20zyrax2301Posted 11/21/2012 2:17:25 PM
^ This guy.

Never was there a more pleasant fellow found, 'specially in a world ridden with demons
---
Why? Because **** you is why.