Which DLC armor should I go for?

#1dantedeschain13Posted 11/24/2012 11:02:30 PM
Howdy! Just re-bought Dark Souls and was checking out some of the new DLC gear. Thought I'd come here and ask what, if any, of it would be worth getting. I usually like running lighter armors, so Gough's set caught my eye. All suggestions welcome! Weapons too....
#2IostarsPosted 11/24/2012 11:08:23 PM
Gough is most definitely not "lighter armor". (unless you have tons of END). The Lord's Blade light armor set seems to be a lot of people's favorite (I haven't got it yet). Artorias' armor set actually looks cool, but those legs...
---
Authority must be obeyed, or it must be overthrown! --- Red Queen
Alice: Madness Returns
#3SymphonicRainPosted 11/24/2012 11:09:56 PM
Which ever you like the look of. You'll probably end up liking Chester's set.
---
"invade some poor sap and jihad bomb him" - LazyKenny
#4BosSBaerPosted 11/24/2012 11:13:41 PM
Blade armor with mask of the mother :)
---
iOS6 - Baerskin //
PSN // BaerPwNz
#5MsSushiAPosted 11/24/2012 11:27:00 PM
Lord's Blade and Chester's are definitely my favorite. I wish you could wear the top hat without the mask though
---
Call me A or Miss A ^_~
http://i.imgur.com/U7g4m.jpg
#6nubs222Posted 11/24/2012 11:35:35 PM
Why not get all of them?
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/JohnnyBGoode1122?feature=mhee
PSN: The_Despair_
#7dantedeschain13(Topic Creator)Posted 11/24/2012 11:37:24 PM
Iostars posted...
Gough is most definitely not "lighter armor". (unless you have tons of END). The Lord's Blade light armor set seems to be a lot of people's favorite (I haven't got it yet). Artorias' armor set actually looks cool, but those legs...

Yeah, only looked at the torso, not the weight of the whole set :P. Thanks for the suggestions keep em coming! One more question: my main (a little screwed up right now, Paladin's set with DWGR doesn't go well on him any more) is in the middle of a NG++. Could I just get the DLC and play with him, or would I have to go into NG+++? Right at the Archives, would rather just start a new guy then go through the hassle
#8SymphonicRainPosted 11/24/2012 11:50:31 PM
dantedeschain13 posted...
Yeah, only looked at the torso, not the weight of the whole set :P. Thanks for the suggestions keep em coming! One more question: my main (a little screwed up right now, Paladin's set with DWGR doesn't go well on him any more) is in the middle of a NG++. Could I just get the DLC and play with him, or would I have to go into NG+++? Right at the Archives, would rather just start a new guy then go through the hassle

You can. As long as you have access to Duke's Archive, you're good. Just free Dusk of Oolacile at Darkroot Basin, go to DA and kill the Golem just after the second boar, then go back to where you freed Oolacile to be taken to the DLC area.
---
"invade some poor sap and jihad bomb him" - LazyKenny
#9IostarsPosted 11/24/2012 11:52:11 PM(edited)

You can go ahead and access the DLC. I should know, my first character that accessed the DLC was near the very, very end of NG++++. Just go through all the requirements needed, and you'll be able to access the DLC area.

Also, if you're using magic, you might want to get a hold on Pursuer and Dark Bead. They seem to be all the rage right now for mages.
---
Authority must be obeyed, or it must be overthrown! --- Red Queen
Alice: Madness Returns
#10dantedeschain13(Topic Creator)Posted 11/25/2012 9:33:28 AM
Iostars posted...

You can go ahead and access the DLC. I should know, my first character that accessed the DLC was near the very, very end of NG++++. Just go through all the requirements needed, and you'll be able to access the DLC area.

Also, if you're using magic, you might want to get a hold on Pursuer and Dark Bead. They seem to be all the rage right now for mages.

I'll keep that in mind, haven't played around with magic too much yet. I have him as a pure Sunbro and use nothing but Lightning Spears. Sucks for PVP, but awesome for PVE