Kalameet is probably my favorite boss battle.

#1HeWentToJaredPosted 11/24/2012 11:18:27 PM
It's hard like a Souls boss should be, but it doesn't feel cheaply hard. He doesn't attack too fast, all of his moves are broadcasted, and evasive maneuvers for each of his moves are fairly clear and straightforward.

That being said, you can easily be killed by high damage, and he has high defense.

Oh, and it's a dragon in a huge basin with waterfalls crashing down beside you and epic music, and is preceded by a giant shooting him out of the sky.

The environment, the fight, and the boss itself tick all the marks for me.

Anyone agree?

In fact, I have to give Fromsoft credit for this DLC segment because I think I like all of the bosses in AoA more than in the regular game. The Sanctuary Guardian was properly hard and seemed impossible in my first 2-3 tries, Knight Artorias is just a badass and I was forced to summon help because I'm running through it on my SL 11 character and he was just way too fast and unpredictable, and Manus was interesting but I felt when to roll for his attacks was unclear and he gave me alot of trouble. Manus actually is probably the only one I don't prefer over regular game bosses.
---
The Galleria of Foolery
#2ahrelocoPosted 11/24/2012 11:30:31 PM
Yeah, he is so strong that he shoots invisible fire that comes at you flickering and sht.
#3HeWentToJared(Topic Creator)Posted 11/24/2012 11:37:20 PM
I've actually not had a problem with flickering on kalameet except for right at the beginning of the fight. It also doesn't matter whether it shows up or not because the fire does the same thing every time for each specific attack.
---
The Galleria of Foolery
#4MrSmi7hPosted 11/24/2012 11:39:05 PM
Kalameet falls on the category of bosses that telegraph their patters well, like giant Orstein and Sif once you know it (the first time si hard to even see what's trying to do) it can be won with attention, not brute force or massive trial and error.

Other bosses have animations/timings which make them look as if they had falling sickness or being electrocuted or whatever...I wish they actually learn more from other games.

Kalameet feels quite Monster hunter in terms of timings, if you ask me, also, I don't dislike Manus once you get used to it, from all the new bosses I find sanctuary the cheapest.
#5Renegade109Posted 11/25/2012 12:01:00 AM(edited)
It has a pretty epic feel to the battle but Kalameet's just not threatening enough for my tastes. Depending on how stubborn he's feeling at any particular time, sometimes removing K's tail is more difficult than just offing him directly.

Artorias and Manus on the other hand are fights that I really enjoy, seeing as they can definitely keep you on your toes. No other bosses in the vanilla game other than S&O, Sif and NG+(X) Four Kings can hold a candle to any of these guys. If the Lord of Cinder wasn't so readily cheeseable with parrying then he'd probably make the list too.
---
http://i.imgur.com/PELu7.png [] http://i.imgur.com/Um6Qk.png
What are YOU playing?
#6the_NGWPosted 11/25/2012 12:23:19 AM
It's a good fight but she really wasn't that hard. I had far more trouble going for the tail than I did actually killing her. **** I'd likely have won my first try if I wasn't aiming for that obsidian gs.
---
-NGW- (King of NGG)
Now Playing: Dark Souls (PS3/PC), Demon's Souls (PS3), Just Cause 2 (PC), Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines (PC)
#7PHoToS999Posted 11/25/2012 12:52:57 AM
I'd agree with tc on the entire dlc.
If From had have taken the time to make Dark souls like this, nostalgia glasses or no, dark would be >>>demons.
---
Silvy owns my pants...and my soul.
Please sign this petition if you want the bbox glitch in Dark Souls: http://tinyurl.com/9f9gv8y you are our only hope.
#8MrSmi7hPosted 11/25/2012 8:55:56 AM
the_NGW posted...
It's a good fight but she really wasn't that hard. I had far more trouble going for the tail than I did actually killing her. **** I'd likely have won my first try if I wasn't aiming for that obsidian gs.

Why the hell do you think Kalameet is a "she"?
#9the_NGWPosted 11/25/2012 12:17:06 PM
She's a *****. If people can assume Kalameet is a he, I can assume otherwise.
---
-NGW- (King of NGG)
Now Playing: Dark Souls (PS3/PC), Demon's Souls (PS3), Just Cause 2 (PC), Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines (PC)