Dark Souls is dying

#1hemphoarderPosted 11/26/2012 11:31:21 AM
Lets face it... Once you have mastered the roll bs technique and how to efficiently use unlocked magic this game really doesn't hold that much appeal. It's very close minded combat and doesn't take a lot of skill to master.

So lets hear what everybody's rebound game is going to be! Mine is Dragon Age Origins which I have beaten twice but haven't played in two years. Looking forward to all the tactics and planning required to be successful. Also nice to play a game with a story after all this time lol.
---
I couldn't care less...
PSN:Sleepyydwarf
#2Kyuubi4269Posted 11/26/2012 11:35:33 AM
Metal Gear Online closed so yeah... I'm rebounding to Dark Souls. Dat red eye stone...
---
Name: Kyu
FC: 60034570
#3itrainpokemonPosted 11/26/2012 11:35:43 AM
implying its a PVP only game
#4westergoonPosted 11/26/2012 11:36:31 AM
Shhhh... it's a secret (Skyrim) ...on the dirty PC no less.

...that or BLOPS II, my typical disdain for shooters is being cooled by the ads and youtube vids I've seen
---
YOU SO BEST
PSN - westergoon, because I'm tall... and goonish...
#5Dissonance2003Posted 11/26/2012 11:36:35 AM
>claims dark souls is too easy
>mentions going to replay a much easier game
---
http://www.last.fm/user/DrDissonance
#6WATAUGACJPosted 11/26/2012 11:36:37 AM
:(

I've been playing 3D Dot Game Heroes, some Ratchet and Clank, and trying to finish Super Mario RPG. I will (hopefully) be getting a copy of Earthbound this week, so I plan to drop everything and just play that. My backlog is so huge that some time away from Dark Souls is probably a good thing, but the death of the community is something I was just mentioning the other day and it is still very sad.
---
PSN: WATAUGACJ, DomhnallOfZena
#7westergoonPosted 11/26/2012 11:41:50 AM
I forgot to add that I don't think it's dying though. If your solely into the pvp meta then I could see why it might get stale, but I have plenty of things I want to do in the game (RP runs, SL 1 runs, ng+7 SL1 etc.) plus I very much enjoy the random invasions while running through the game.
---
YOU SO BEST
PSN - westergoon, because I'm tall... and goonish...
#8hemphoarder(Topic Creator)Posted 11/26/2012 11:42:50 AM
Dissonance2003 posted...
>claims dark souls is too easy
>mentions going to replay a much easier game

Oh you've played it on nightmare? Playing every game on easy mode doesn't make you a pro bro...

And another pro tip cuz I'm feeling generous.. Don't ever piss into the wind.
---
I couldn't care less...
#9hemphoarder(Topic Creator)Posted 11/26/2012 11:45:10 AM
westergoon posted...
Shhhh... it's a secret (Skyrim) ...on the dirty PC no less.

...that or BLOPS II, my typical disdain for shooters is being cooled by the ads and youtube vids I've seen

Agreed. The BLOPS 2 videos I have seen have me very tempted to pick it up. Tired of sword and board for a bit.
---
I couldn't care less...
#10R1masherPosted 11/26/2012 11:45:11 AM
Something I guess, thanks for the heads up. Maybe Santa will hook a mofo up.
---
R1R1R1R1R1R1