Super earlygame weapons for PvE

#1devilman108Posted 11/26/2012 6:09:58 PM
I know of the Black knight halberd (didn't drop) and I have a BK Sword (waiting to see if I should put it at +4 right now (just killed bell gargoyles and have the Twinkle Titanite to do it))

However I'm wondering if there's better choices for some "OP" weapons to use early-mid game. the BKGA is amazing for PvE but I don't get that until much later IIRC.

Any suggestions for things that might be better than the BK sword? Is there another BK halberd i can get? Just wondering.
---
Hotel California is the greatest song there ever was. It will never grow old.
PSN: bigRboy111
#2London-SVPosted 11/26/2012 6:13:16 PM
Mail breaker is as OP as it gets, thing is lethal.
#3ZephranthesPosted 11/26/2012 6:14:45 PM
Go join Nito and get that Gravelord Sword. It swings really fast.
#4The moonlight knightPosted 11/26/2012 7:03:34 PM
If you can get a Jagged Ghost Blade drop below Firelink in New Londo, you're pretty much set for a very, very long time, so long as you go seek out twinkling titanite.

It's offensively overpowered if you do.

If you have your heart set on OPness, I'd recommend farming the ghosts, buy extra transient curses if you have to, because it'd be well worth the effort.
---
I am snazzier, hot, hot rant. Warily slight as.
Croak rush, OK? Weirder, almighty make out. ::)
#5Dabrikishaw15Posted 11/26/2012 7:05:08 PM
Zweihander in the Graveyard
---
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Dabrikishaw
Fact: all fanbases are unpleasable, deal with it.
#6LuigiohPosted 11/26/2012 7:05:58 PM
u can make a weapon +15 before you ever beat the gargoyles

acquire weapon for plusfifteenage

farm shards, chunks, and get slab from asylum stray demon

get ember from depths and new londo (gargoyles do not have to be beaten to access the depths, just get the key to undead burg from gate by armored boar)

???????

profit!
---
34mg and declining keep it up man you can do this you want this
#7MrSmi7hPosted 11/26/2012 7:14:24 PM
As said, the gravelord sword is one easy to get and pretty strong early weapon, but is harder to upgrade than others.

The black knight sword + 5, easy as hell to upgrade and without needing any ember, it's what you want, without many stat investment is just a bit weaker than a +15 claymore with ideal stats (27 str, 40 dex) which means a lot of soul levels and the need of large and very large embers, imagine how imbalanced is that thing for now.
#8devilman108(Topic Creator)Posted 11/26/2012 9:29:03 PM
The Moonlight Knight: Are you trolling me? Got a JGB to +5 and it seems pretty meh.

Low damage
Low stamina usage
So-so bleed
tiny range
moderate swing speed

I feel like I wanted 9 twinkle titanite =(
---
Hotel California is the greatest song there ever was. It will never grow old.
PSN: bigRboy111
#9The moonlight knightPosted 11/26/2012 10:50:37 PM
Low stamina usage is listed as a con? <_< Low stamina usage is a good thing.

Also, the damage is pretty good for a weapon of medium to small size early and moderately through the game. Also, two-handed, its R1s aren't moderate in speed at all. They actually chain together to be some of the fastest weapons in the game. Painting Guardian Sword, a weapon with the same moveset, actually has the highest DPS potential of all weapons.

It kinda sounds like you specifically wanted a BIG weapon. Whereas Jagged Ghost Blade is entirely the opposite. It's compact, and it has essentially no stat requirements, so anyone can use it.

Also the bleed is pretty powerful, since as I said it can hit pretty fast. So you can tear up a lot of enemies.

Have you tried it on many enemies? It should be pretty damaging, especially for its speed, unless you have weirdly high strength/dex for the early part of the game you're in.
---
I am snazzier, hot, hot rant. Warily slight as.
Croak rush, OK? Weirder, almighty make out. ::)
#10PHoToS999Posted 11/26/2012 10:55:36 PM
Dragon breath is crazy. Grab that, a gravelord sword, the Drake sword and some repair powder, and nothing can touch you.

The Drake is just for its special.
---
Silvy owns my pants...and my soul.
Please sign this petition if you want the bbox glitch in Dark Souls: http://tinyurl.com/9f9gv8y you are our only hope.