Super earlygame weapons for PvE

#21DagorhaPosted 11/27/2012 12:10:41 PM
devilman108 posted...
I know of the Black knight halberd (didn't drop) and I have a BK Sword (waiting to see if I should put it at +4 right now (just killed bell gargoyles and have the Twinkle Titanite to do it))

However I'm wondering if there's better choices for some "OP" weapons to use early-mid game. the BKGA is amazing for PvE but I don't get that until much later IIRC.

Any suggestions for things that might be better than the BK sword? Is there another BK halberd i can get? Just wondering.

Balder Side Sword.
---
You don't get a gold star for being less bloody stupid than another bloody stupid person when you are still demonstrably bloody stupid. -the final bahamut
#22Drak_the_ShadowPosted 11/27/2012 12:19:35 PM
ITT: TMK makes a viable suggestion, TC shoots him down without any real basis.

Astora's Straight Sword is a great starting item for any cleric class, comes with a dragon crest shield to boot.
---
Children: You spend the first two years of their lives teaching them to walk and talk, then spend the next sixteen years telling them to sit down and shut up.
#23SnizlitoPosted 11/27/2012 12:28:03 PM
Drak_the_Shadow posted...
ITT: TMK makes a viable suggestion, TC shoots him down without any real basis.

Astora's Straight Sword is a great starting item for any cleric class, comes with a dragon crest shield to boot.

If you want to pump only faith the @$$ sword is great. My SL33 sunsista wrecks things with it at plus five. Unfortunately it is pretty bad for sens and AL.
I can wreck the gargoyles in 3-4 hits. Just an idea for a "silly" build.
---
PSN-SOMD_LOVE
#24MrSmi7hPosted 11/27/2012 12:33:25 PM
Dex pyro posted a pretty cool weapon selection for my tastes, the great club for str is a no-brainer, the falchion for low regular and for bosses is nonsense-what-alien Jordan, spam R1 and don't even dare to look at the screen, for mid regulars or pvp i prefer something more ranged or with pokes.

If you want to stay with the BK thing go for 36-18/40-18, your next toy may be black knight halberd and black knight axe, both awesome, easy to get, and easy to upgrade, if you go for pure quality (28/40) your weapon selection will be wider, try + 15 murakumo and any halberd you like, don't make it chaos, don't worth it.
#25Power TurtlePosted 11/27/2012 12:33:32 PM
Luigioh posted...
u can make a weapon +15 before you ever beat the gargoyles

acquire weapon for plusfifteenage

farm shards, chunks, and get slab from asylum stray demon

get ember from depths and new londo (gargoyles do not have to be beaten to access the depths, just get the key to undead burg from gate by armored boar)

???????

profit!

My mage character has a Winged Spear +15, Great Scythe +14, Enchanted uchigatana +4 and a fully maxed out pyro hand at sl22 and standing outside the gargoyle church gravelording :3 only bosses beaten are taurus deamon(if i could i would have skipped him too, but i wasnt thinking) the demon that gives the key to the depths, and the stray demon.

Much profit has been had! lol.
#26devilman108(Topic Creator)Posted 11/27/2012 1:45:05 PM
Wow power well done. Mind if I ask how you did all that? Some of it i can understand via farming, slabs and such in the hollow, etc.

but the scythe and the uchi are quite impressive.
---
Hotel California is the greatest song there ever was. It will never grow old.
PSN: bigRboy111
#27Power TurtlePosted 11/28/2012 1:47:51 AM
devilman108 posted...
Wow power well done. Mind if I ask how you did all that? Some of it i can understand via farming, slabs and such in the hollow, etc.

but the scythe and the uchi are quite impressive.

Basic farming (lol at 'basic'. darkwraiths hit like a truck at early levels and equipment) for the shards. Balder guys for shards and i just buy them, the slimes in the depths for large shards, and darkwraiths for chunks. The most annoying thing is farming the blue crystal golems in darkroot to get blue chunks! So rare.

Always complained about the low level early area 'griefers', but with this build ive taken down many giant armors/lightning weapons, even a few persuer casters. So i guess technically im griefing, but im gravelording, its your choice to keep invading :)
#28BloodyRawPosted 11/28/2012 2:26:29 AM
I really love my BSS, it was really easy to upgrade to +15 as well, probably took me a couple of hours. The range on the R2 is sweet and the normal attacks are fast as well, pretty easy drop too.
---
It shall be engraved upon your soul - DivineAssault - NIBELUNG VALESTI !
YS :Oath In Felghana PSP- Greatest RPG Since Chrono Trigger
#29LycalPosted 11/28/2012 4:15:47 AM
No love for the Great Scythe? It's difficult to get and will take a few suicide runs through the catacombs to get it, but my god is it worth it.
---
Gamertag: Death to PS3s
PSN ID: Death_to_360s