Starting a new Demon's Souls character!!

#11JesseraePosted 11/27/2012 3:17:09 AM
AsterAzul posted...
It's been a long time since I played it, my last serious character was some kind of mage who spellspammed a whole bunch.

I want to make a SL60 character for PVE, I hear you can still summon and be summoned a bit at that level.

Is there a good character planner for Demon's? It's so hard to build a character for Demon's Souls, especially such a low level character....

Aren't the servers down, no one can summon or invade anymore?
---
Psn: Darkestsoul92
#12AsterAzul(Topic Creator)Posted 11/27/2012 9:47:17 AM
At SL54, yesterday, someone summoned me for Flamelurker and we killed it.

Then I tried to beat Old Hero, and this guy invaded my game, and killed me after a bit of dueling. (We each did so little damage to eachother, we took forever to kill eachother! Or maybe he was going easy on me.)

There were also plenty of ghosts running around, and messages.

It's not buzzing with activity, but there are people playing.
---
I develop games:
http://rosstin.wordpress.com/
#13Da DoodPosted 11/27/2012 9:58:11 AM
I just picked up this game. Hopefully it'll be a fun time like Dark Souls. If you guys have any starting tips... I need 'em!
---
And this time!
#14AsterAzul(Topic Creator)Posted 11/27/2012 10:39:20 AM
Oh gosh.

Magic is really really good. Start as a Royal, it's DS's pyromancer.

Buy a crossbow as soon as possible. Also pick up a bow when you can find one. Explore the first level very carefully, there are some pretty good weapons and items hiding around if you can find them. There are shortcuts, too. Find them so that you can get farther in a run.

There is equipment weight and carry weight, only carry what you need.

It's really important to kill the first boss so that you can unlock the rest of the world. First boss is weak to fire. Any character can beat it by finding/buying a bunch of firebombs and tossing them at it.

After you kill the first boss, the rest of the world opens up. The mage trainer is trapped in the Tower of Latria (World 3) and there's a merchant there who can sell you infinite MP spice. In World 4 (the one with all the skeletons) there are a whole bunch of really excellent weapons, including a sword that can carry you through the entire game and the Compound Long Bow (best bow.) World 5 sucks, never go there, nothing good can come of it. World 2 has a blacksmith to upgrade your stuff. Proceed carefully in this level, there are a couple of NPCs that it's really easy to aggro by accident. If you aggro a shopkeeper, that's it.

Watch out for Lautrec-like characters.

Make a SL60 character and I'll help you kill all the bosses!
---
I develop games:
#15Da DoodPosted 11/27/2012 10:45:09 AM
Awesome, all very good advice. I'm a bit scared of the magic thing because I'm more of a melee player... last time I tried to make a pyromancer in DkS, I almost completely ignored pyro since like 15 minutes into the game, haha.

I can't wait to play this thing. Looks just as awesome as Dark Souls.
---
And this time!
#16AsterAzul(Topic Creator)Posted 11/27/2012 10:56:59 AM
Someone can stop me if I'm wrong, but if you like melee, I think Temple Knight is an excellent start. It has wonderful armor and weapons. My brother who isn't the most hardcore gamer started a Temple Knight and laughed at me for considering the Demons Souls difficult after playing for a few minutes. It's also one of the better optimized classes.

Elemental weapons are good at low levels, just like in Dark Souls. You can make those after beating the 3rd in World 2 (the fire level.)
---
I develop games:
#17meralonnePosted 11/27/2012 11:03:30 AM
AsterAzul posted...
My brother who isn't the most hardcore gamer started a Temple Knight and laughed at me for considering the Demons Souls difficult after playing for a few minutes.

Where was he playing, 1-1? Give him a few minutes with the Maneaters and let us know what he thinks.
---
"Sigs are for dorks."-- my wife