When two handing a weapon...

#1Tasgrav_NashaPosted 11/27/2012 2:54:58 PM
Am I the only one who feels like they wasted a good moveset addition with making the parry button a second block?

I mean, I feel that it could have been a great asset and made pvp a little bit more diverse via movesets.

So if you could change what L2 did for two handing a weapon, what would you make it do?

Me? Personally I would make it do like a grab or maybe make it a mini dodge. In the sense that you can't really move from where you are (Like being stuck between two trees or something like that), and you could make like a mini swaying motion or side-step, while you are in one place or something.

IDK I feel like it could have been better used though. Though the thought of parrying with the L2 while two-handing sees overpower as all hell
---
If I were a Jellyfish....I'd make krabby patties taste better XD
PSN ID: Rashan-Rei
#2nubs222Posted 11/27/2012 3:30:59 PM(edited)
I think they wasted a button when they made L1 a block with a weapon in the left hand. Here's how I think it should be.

Some weapons work like the gold tracer and have the same attacks as a weapon in the right hand.
Other weapons have their R1's compatible with L1s but have their R2 replaced with an L2 parry, like rapiers.

Get rid of blocking with a weapon that isn't a shield. Why? Because if you were going to bother blocking you'd be using a shield. Even the crappiest shield is better than blocking with an off-hand weapon. If you really want to block with a weapon, you can still block with a weapon held in two hands.

So in a sense if you decide to use an off-hand weapon then this means you are either going to rely on dodging or parrying attacks. If you absolutely feel that you MUST block something, two-hand your primary weapon.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/JohnnyBGoode1122?feature=mhee
PSN: The_Despair_
#3Pujos_PLPosted 11/27/2012 3:34:02 PM
It could be used as the special attack button for weapons that have one, allowing uncommonly used weapons like Grant and Golem Axe have a more diverse movement, hopefully making them more viable in spite of their high requirements.

Also, it could be used as an advancing guard, not quite a parry, but blocking most of the damage if timed right and pushing the enemy away, possibly awarding a counter hit after that. This could work like a parry, reduced damage if failed, negated damage if timed perfectly.
#4Tasgrav_Nasha(Topic Creator)Posted 11/27/2012 3:34:51 PM
nubs222 posted...
I think they wasted a button when they made L1 a block with a weapon in the left hand. Here's how I think it should be.

Some weapons work like the gold tracer and have the same attacks as a weapon in the right hand.
Other weapons have their R1's compatible with L1s but have their R2 replaced with an L2 parry, like rapiers.

Get rid of blocking with a weapon that isn't a shield. Why? Because if you were going to bother blocking you'd be using a shield. Even the crappiest shield is better than blocking with an off-hand weapon. If you really want to block with a weapon, you can still block with a weapon held in two hands.

So in a sense if you decide to use an off-hand weapon then this means you are either going to rely on dodging or parrying attacks. If you absolutely feel that you MUST block something, two-hand your primary weapon.

I feel you. I mean even if we block with a single handed weapon in your left hand, they could have made it so much cooler. Like crossing your weapons in front of you, instead. I mean if you have one two weapons in both hands, why would a reasonable person only block witht he weapon in their left?

Either give us a cross block or get rid of it for the left hand
---
If I were a Jellyfish....I'd make krabby patties taste better XD
PSN ID: Rashan-Rei
#5zyrax2301Posted 11/27/2012 3:41:03 PM
Tasgrav_Nasha posted...
nubs222 posted...

I feel you. I mean even if we block with a single handed weapon in your left hand, they could have made it so much cooler. Like crossing your weapons in front of you, instead. I mean if you have one two weapons in both hands, why would a reasonable person only block witht he weapon in their left?

Either give us a cross block or get rid of it for the left hand

So they can attack with their right? Dual-wielding is about deception. I agree it doesn't work in this game.
---
Why? Because **** you is why.
#6RENNELSPosted 11/27/2012 3:47:53 PM
You want to not be able to block at all when 2 handing? Lolwut?

Of course you should be able to block when 2 handing. I do agree L2 could have been something cooler, perhaps a different attack with each weapon. Or a disarm.

2 handing a weapon should also increase the stamina drain upon blocking it by 1.5. And some weapons should have 100 physical block.

On the other side of the coin, you should probably stagger if you completely whiff on a 2 handed attack.
---
Posts in a topic do not have to be on topic if it goes with the natural flow of conversation.- Baseman (Moderator)