#31Spade59Posted 11/27/2012 5:04:18 PM
RoFaP Souls
MoM Souls
Lagstab Souls
Pursuers Souls
#32westergoonPosted 11/27/2012 5:05:58 PM
Torebackula posted...
Lol @ the badasses of this topic.

Depends on what kind of PvP you're looking for, random invasions can go a bit lower as you'll rarely find yourself against someone geared up for PvP. However I'm with HK, 40vit with RoFaP is bare bones minimum for any kind of serious dueling, moreso if you're up against anyone of skill. I love fighting those who "never get backstabbed," always so salty...

^qft

You are putting yourself at a great disadvantage by having such low vit. The only build style I could see running with anything lower than ~1500 hp is if you are running a glass cannon of sorts...
---
YOU SO BEST
PSN - westergoon, because I'm tall... and goonish...
#33RENNELSPosted 11/27/2012 5:08:34 PM
Well, I may as well finish assembling Voltron here and throw my opinion in here.

HK and Co. are right, imo. Anyone that says more HP vs less HP is not an advantage is deluded. Of course it's an advantage. That's like say more money is worse than less money (please spare everyone your outrageous random scenarios regarding this).

You can't fully protect yourself from lag, and more HP is able all you've got to do that with.
---
Posts in a topic do not have to be on topic if it goes with the natural flow of conversation.- Baseman (Moderator)
#34hak145Posted 11/27/2012 5:10:11 PM
Snipa_Wulf12 posted...
hak145 posted...
hak145 posted...
Lodiss posted...
hak145 posted...
dont listen to them TC 1100+ and you will manage well.

were arguing different play styles here, but the point of disagreement is when you regard vitality gouging as a necessity, which it isnt. Just stop it.

you dont need 1500 health for good pvp and never will. Thats it. end of story

You do need to be able to survive a back stab. You're in the minority with the
That opinion anyway buddy.

And different playstyle? All play styles are in danger of a BS or a parry. Most of which can easily do about 1k dmg. Anyone who begs to differ must only do PvE or doesn't fight good opponents.

you know what, your right. Probably because im so good at NOT LETTING MYSELF BE BACKSTABBED.

You play on xBox which is known for having a lower skill ceiling in players.

Scrub. Stop spreading your insanely unpopular opinion and misinformation and start working on your logic skills.

misinformation? not really. I call unnecessary vitality boosting to 1500+ then calling it a necessity of pvp misinformation.
---
Gamertag XL:CRAZYjump
Winner: Dark Souls
#35TorebackulaPosted 11/27/2012 5:50:07 PM
Not quoting that giant mess -_-

The misinformation to me would be that you are proficient at avoiding backstabs. EVERYONE gets backstabbed, regardless of skill. What works for random invasions will not pass in most dueling scenarios.
---
I am gonna pound you so gross later.
PSN: Torebackula; Krondoobius ---------- Faces of Fashion Souls: http://imgur.com/a/CwoYC/
#36ahrelocoPosted 11/27/2012 5:54:36 PM
Oh, shut up with your 99 Vitality + ROFAP + Tiny Being's Ring.

1500 HP is enough.
#37shadowsofdawnPosted 11/27/2012 5:56:15 PM
I agree with the 1500 HP baseline. I would consider that the minimum for a SL100 arena build, a 125 should be even higher imo. I can hit for 1500 on a backstab with hornet ring great club +15 with lightning resin depending on the armor you are wearing, and that only requires 27 STR.
---
\o/ Administering jolly ass-whoopings everyday.
.||
#38FruitOfTheDoomPosted 11/27/2012 6:00:36 PM
I've been able to do quite well with 30 Vit and the fap ring, and I am by no means an expert PvPer.

It sucks to get hornet-stabbed by a Lightning Great Axe, but **** happens.

Don't scrap a fun build idea out of worry that you might lose every now and then due to a lucky lagstab.
---
All puns intended, especially sexually suggestive ones!
#39clubber42Posted 11/27/2012 6:17:28 PM
FruitOfTheDoom posted...
I've been able to do quite well with 30 Vit and the fap ring, and I am by no means an expert PvPer.

It sucks to get hornet-stabbed by a Lightning Great Axe, but **** happens.

Don't scrap a fun build idea out of worry that you might lose every now and then due to a lucky lagstab.

I agree. Go with what u like.

Great thread btw. The ironic thing about it is that all the people saying 1500hp+ cant have certain builds with that amount of hp, or the build is severly gimped. Good dex/faith requires 40/50 respectively. Show me 1500 hp on that build, and ile show u a flawed build or a slvl 140.
---
psn- Clubber_Lang_Jr
#40Dex_PyromaniacPosted 11/27/2012 6:23:07 PM
hak145 you will get backstabbed playing against other good players. EVERYONE gets backstabbed. Fighting randoms is not a good way to judge how much hp you need when dueling other good players, since then I would say base vitality is just fine and its a useless stat.

Also dude who said ' x hits for y damage', you arent hitting anyone with your dragon tooth 2hr2 bro, even if it hit for 9999 damage it wouldnt matter.

IMO 1500 is the least I would recommend for dueling depending on your build but I very much like to get at LEAST 2000 on my duel builds (1980 to be precise, 50 vit+fap+mom), and as I said, for random invading or dicking around even 800-900 is fine.
---
GT - Dex Pyromaniac
http://www.youtube.com/user/Dexpyro <===== Dark Souls stuff