how much hp is considered low for pvp at 120

#41Snipa_Wulf12Posted 11/27/2012 6:24:38 PM
clubber42 posted...
FruitOfTheDoom posted...
I've been able to do quite well with 30 Vit and the fap ring, and I am by no means an expert PvPer.

It sucks to get hornet-stabbed by a Lightning Great Axe, but **** happens.

Don't scrap a fun build idea out of worry that you might lose every now and then due to a lucky lagstab.

I agree. Go with what u like.

Great thread btw. The ironic thing about it is that all the people saying 1500hp+ cant have certain builds with that amount of hp, or the build is severly gimped. Good dex/faith requires 40/50 respectively. Show me 1500 hp on that build, and ile show u a flawed build or a slvl 140.

The flaw here is your logic. Whats the point in not having 1500 hp at sl 125 on any build when it is entirely possible and more beneficial?

And a "good" dex faith build needs no more than 30 faith. Anymore is a waste.
---
PSN:Snipa_Wulf
Smoke Meth, Hail Satan!
#42Dex_PyromaniacPosted 11/27/2012 6:27:06 PM
clubber42 posted...
Great thread btw. The ironic thing about it is that all the people saying 1500hp+ cant have certain builds with that amount of hp, or the build is severly gimped. Good dex/faith requires 40/50 respectively. Show me 1500 hp on that build, and ile show u a flawed build or a slvl 140.

http://mmdks.com/c70
---
GT - Dex Pyromaniac
http://www.youtube.com/user/Dexpyro <===== Dark Souls stuff
#43shadowsofdawnPosted 11/27/2012 6:28:57 PM
Dex_Pyromaniac posted...
clubber42 posted...

http://mmdks.com/c70

Damnit I was just about to post something with the same exact stat distribution. Ninja'd!
---
\o/ Administering jolly ass-whoopings everyday.
.||
#44MrSmi7hPosted 11/27/2012 6:29:22 PM
With like 30 vit you get one hit by most NG+++ bosses, sometimes you CAN'T avoid it, like with Bed of chaos firestorm if you're in the roots where you can't even roll without falling.

So, not a good idea for farming spell copies or titanite slabs.

Also, too much things can kill you in PvP, my easiest wins always come from people who seems a lot of soul levels below me, now I know where they come from...
#45Dex_PyromaniacPosted 11/27/2012 6:30:09 PM
Snipa_Wulf12 posted...
And a "good" dex faith build needs no more than 30 faith. Anymore is a waste.

I wouldnt go that far, sure a 40/30 split is better in general, but damn dog those 50 fai wogs and slb hit hard as ****, catch someone with one of those wogs and follow up with a balder sword slb r2 r2 r1 combo from the hitstun and even without crown of dusk thats a good 1900-2000 hp gone if they dont know how to toggle escape (and if they do you can still easily knock off a good 1500, with a wog > r2 > delayed wog combo)
---
GT - Dex Pyromaniac
http://www.youtube.com/user/Dexpyro <===== Dark Souls stuff
#46Snipa_Wulf12Posted 11/27/2012 6:36:54 PM
http://mmdks.com/c72

Heres my dex/fai btw.

1500> hp
---
PSN:Snipa_Wulf
Smoke Meth, Hail Satan!
#47hak145Posted 11/27/2012 6:38:50 PM
im still waiting for you and all you vit gouge(1500 and above) ***** to recognize that vitality that high is only used because you need to compensate for your lack of common sense when it comes to pvp.

lrntonotbebackstabbed.
---
Gamertag XL:CRAZYjump
Winner: Dark Souls
#48Aporia_MagePosted 11/27/2012 6:40:21 PM
The question was what is considered low for pvp at 120. The answer is anything less than 40. Between 40-50 is more common for 120 builds, but most players in the US and Europe use 125. This means 50 is the standard.

And why not? It's the breakpoint for the stat - 30 dex is low on a dex build, because it's not the breakpoint.

Everyone with your edge cases and unimpressive citations of immense success with 10 vit builds, you've failed to answer the OP's question.
---
PSN & GT: alainvey
#49Chrazy1988Posted 11/27/2012 6:43:12 PM
I have to say that personally I can get away with only 30 VIT low armor build. I understand why most people would recommend more VIT though. It makes it easier to not die quickly.

I play with a hit and run method and it seems to work, even against three players on rare occasions. 90% of the people I invade or otherwise engage in PVP don't seem to have a clue about how to PVP, so more HP just seems redundant in most cases since I rarely run into really skilled players. I even win a lot of those fights or manage to make it a close fight.

Oh well I would hardly call myself awesome at PVP... Sometimes I just derp it away lol!
#50shadowsofdawnPosted 11/27/2012 6:44:04 PM
hak145 posted...
im still waiting for you and all you vit gouge(1500 and above) ***** to recognize that vitality that high is only used because you need to compensate for your lack of common sense when it comes to pvp.

lrntonotbebackstabbed.

Do you have a youtube channel? I wanna be pro as f*** like you!
---
\o/ Administering jolly ass-whoopings everyday.
.||