how much hp is considered low for pvp at 120

#61FruitOfTheDoomPosted 11/27/2012 7:03:54 PM
Snipa_Wulf12 posted...
clubber42 posted...
FruitOfTheDoom posted...
I've been able to do quite well with 30 Vit and the fap ring, and I am by no means an expert PvPer.

It sucks to get hornet-stabbed by a Lightning Great Axe, but **** happens.

Don't scrap a fun build idea out of worry that you might lose every now and then due to a lucky lagstab.

I agree. Go with what u like.

Great thread btw. The ironic thing about it is that all the people saying 1500hp+ cant have certain builds with that amount of hp, or the build is severly gimped. Good dex/faith requires 40/50 respectively. Show me 1500 hp on that build, and ile show u a flawed build or a slvl 140.

The flaw here is your logic. Whats the point in not having 1500 hp at sl 125 on any build when it is entirely possible and more beneficial?

And a "good" dex faith build needs no more than 30 faith. Anymore is a waste.

"My opinion is a fact!"
---
All puns intended, especially sexually suggestive ones!
#62LodissPosted 11/27/2012 7:05:26 PM
Dex_Pyromaniac posted...

Also dude who said ' x hits for y damage', you arent hitting anyone with your dragon tooth 2hr2 bro, even if it hit for 9999 damage it wouldnt matter.

It lands after a running r1 attack, while they try to estus or buff. I do it instead of backstabbing because it almost always stunlocks and the follow up attack kills.
---
You were indicted.
#63Parsl5kPosted 11/27/2012 7:08:38 PM
More HP is always good because you will make mistakes in pvp no matter what. At least 1800 HP is what I usually aim for, but as for what is "low"? I dunno, at least have enough HP to survive a chaos blade stab and a couple swipes, goddamn.
#64shadowsofdawnPosted 11/27/2012 7:11:52 PM
clubber42 posted...
Both of your builds are flawed, and reach the bare minimum requirements of 1500 hp. I run mor the pyro build only 14 str and 19 att.

Its simple. One must subtract from vit for more raw power. Raw power wins most of the time, and furthermore raw player ability wins most of the time... 1200 hp or 1800, if ur good u can beat down either.

2200 hp... Geeezus, how anoying is that. Chaos zwei days all over again. God i miss the simplicity of dens souls curse weapon. Yes, in that game EVERYONE had 1500 hp.

This post is a bunch of disjointed thoughts strung together with no correlation between them. I have no idea what your point is, and you mention that the build Dex posted is flawed, yet offer no reason why?
---
\o/ Administering jolly ass-whoopings everyday.
.||
#65clubber42Posted 11/27/2012 7:15:21 PM
Dex_Pyromaniac posted...
clubber42 posted...

Both of your builds are flawed, and reach the bare minimum requirements of 1500 hp. I run mor the pyro build only 14 str and 19 att.

Do point out where my build is flawed please

The flaw is in the 12 str and 14 att. If u r using balders, build 10 str. 14 str lets you use most dex weapons, and allows for more chance to change up play style. With 50 faith, u better use it with attunement slots. I guess u could run 3 slots, but again, u r now limmitted because u want the covetted 1500 hp. I think this is more a matter of opinion and not so much a "flawed" build. It would be a great balders buff and 6 wog, but now u r missing out on other options.
---
psn- Clubber_Lang_Jr
#66Snipa_Wulf12Posted 11/27/2012 7:19:23 PM
FruitOfTheDoom posted...
Snipa_Wulf12 posted...
clubber42 posted...
FruitOfTheDoom posted...
I've been able to do quite well with 30 Vit and the fap ring, and I am by no means an expert PvPer.

It sucks to get hornet-stabbed by a Lightning Great Axe, but **** happens.

Don't scrap a fun build idea out of worry that you might lose every now and then due to a lucky lagstab.

I agree. Go with what u like.

Great thread btw. The ironic thing about it is that all the people saying 1500hp+ cant have certain builds with that amount of hp, or the build is severly gimped. Good dex/faith requires 40/50 respectively. Show me 1500 hp on that build, and ile show u a flawed build or a slvl 140.

The flaw here is your logic. Whats the point in not having 1500 hp at sl 125 on any build when it is entirely possible and more beneficial?

And a "good" dex faith build needs no more than 30 faith. Anymore is a waste.

"My opinion is a fact!"

No where did that insinuation come across. If you're going to be clever atleast put some effort into it.

I asked a question that never got answered directly and I gave a statement of my beliefs. I think I'm will within my rights to do that much.

And if you think I'm talking in a snide or condescending manner then you misunderstand my tone.
---
PSN:Snipa_Wulf
Smoke Meth, Hail Satan!
#67Dex_PyromaniacPosted 11/27/2012 7:25:51 PM
clubber42 posted...
Dex_Pyromaniac posted...
clubber42 posted...

Do point out where my build is flawed please

The flaw is in the 12 str and 14 att. If u r using balders, build 10 str. 14 str lets you use most dex weapons, and allows for more chance to change up play style. With 50 faith, u better use it with attunement slots. I guess u could run 3 slots, but again, u r now limmitted because u want the covetted 1500 hp. I think this is more a matter of opinion and not so much a "flawed" build. It would be a great balders buff and 6 wog, but now u r missing out on other options.

You cant have 10 str on an efficient faith build, this IS the bare minimum SL you can get with the stats. And what else do i need attunement for as a fai build? Absolutely nothing at all. GMB is useless (well, so is sunlight blade in my opinion but whatever) and other than another stack of wrath of gods, there is nothing I find worthy of putting more pts in attunement for. IF I was to get 45 dex, then I would consider adding pyromancy, but then again, as it stands, even with a 19 attunement version of the build you would easily be above 1500 hp
---
GT - Dex Pyromaniac
http://www.youtube.com/user/Dexpyro <===== Dark Souls stuff
#68Dex_PyromaniacPosted 11/27/2012 7:28:22 PM
Also FYI other dex weapons pale in comparison on a dex/faith build. For dex/pyro, the chaos blade is infinitely better imo

I dunno, its just that I have these mindgames and combos set up which are best complimented by said weapons and said spells in certain combinations.
---
GT - Dex Pyromaniac
#69clubber42Posted 11/27/2012 7:36:06 PM
Dex-

Sunlight blade is the same as dmb at base cov lvl, 400 rating buff, not useless. I personally like GMB, and when someone flips it on, i hate that they have it.

You increase att to 19, where r u gonna take from? Endurance? 30ish is def a minimum for me.
---
psn- Clubber_Lang_Jr
#70Dex_PyromaniacPosted 11/27/2012 7:38:07 PM
clubber42 posted...
Dex-

Sunlight blade is the same as dmb at base cov lvl, 400 rating buff, not useless. I personally like GMB, and when someone flips it on, i hate that they have it.

You increase att to 19, where r u gonna take from? Endurance? 30ish is def a minimum for me.

You can take it all from vitality you will still be above 1500

As for gmb, you can just wait it out, just like sunlight blade and dmb. I would say they are all pretty damn useless for duels vs good players.
---
GT - Dex Pyromaniac