Should the next game have mounts?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls
  3. Should the next game have mounts?

User Info: R1masher

R1masher
4 years ago#11
Mountable enemies via 3min qte... I'd ride a torch dredgling piggy back style into battle
R1R1R1R1R1R1

User Info: Zephranthes

Zephranthes
4 years ago#12
The problem is that with adding mounts, you'd have to add some reason to use them. Like huge empty expanses between areas. Or on-rails vehicle segments.

And they'd be useless in the vast majority of combat areas obviously.

It works for SotC but that game has a much different ambiance than DS. And that aside, it does still get pretty boring riding around after a while.

User Info: Frank_Poole

Frank_Poole
4 years ago#13
No, but I wouldn't mind a little more platforming in the next game. Every time I slide down to fight BOC, I always feel like I should be avoiding dangerous tree limbs or jumping over pits. It could also add a lot of different dynamics to invasions.

Edit - On second thought, maybe the whole BOC fight WAS Fromsofts way of trying to incorporate platforming, and it failed miserably :/

User Info: replicax77

replicax77
4 years ago#14
Anything that can be mounted should be killed instead.
Fortune and glory kid. Fortune and glory.

User Info: Zasamel01

Zasamel01
4 years ago#15
yes and better yet they should be limited to one cov.they really need to work on cov system and make them more different from each other.

User Info: Lodiss

Lodiss
4 years ago#16
Man, I'd fall off so many ledges it would make me never want to use the mount even if I had one.
You were indicted.

User Info: SolidKnight

SolidKnight
4 years ago#17
Lodiss posted...
Man, I'd fall off so many ledges it would make me never want to use the mount even if I had one.

What if it was a bear and you could use it to maul enemies?
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls
  3. Should the next game have mounts?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived