PvP Item Slot Suggestions

#1reeve_mastersPosted 11/29/2012 2:25:29 PM
I don't normally do alot of pvp but I figured I'd have some fun with it. But I haven't been able to really decide which items to use in my 5 slots for it. I am debating on these.

Estus Flask, Green Blossom, Blooming Purple Moss, Dung Pie and Lloyd's Talisman.

Just looking for some comments and suggestions for this. Appericate any help and info everyone can provide.
---
PSN: Reeve469
#2zyrax2301Posted 11/29/2012 2:29:01 PM
Estus flask
Dried Finger
Green Blossom
Prism Stone
(Incompatible online item for shrugs)

Perfect setup.
---
Why? Because **** you is why.
#3Number4RocketPosted 11/29/2012 4:01:15 PM
Estus, ugh, for PvP? Well, certainly not if you invade, and hopefully not when you're invaded unless they humanity heal spam first.
Considering you can get 10 Humanity in 10 minutes from the PvP, there's no real reason to estus even if you're the host anymore.

I'd go:
Humanity
Green Grass
Loyd's Talisman
Poison/Lightning Resin/your choice if not going to buff.
Your choice (moss) or nothing.

Nothing is actually a valid option if you want a microsecond less of scrolling time through the items. Not to mention poison does so little damage that using moss on it can actually give the opponent too much time, and few people use poison anyway.
#4Awhsum-SaucePosted 11/29/2012 4:19:03 PM
I always keep on estus, a summoning soapstone or invasion eye, and either a dried finger, grass or homeward bones. If I'm forest invading, I like to add Lloyd's talismans and sometimes dung pies. I basically always keep on a healing item and an incompatible online play item, for the wtf shrug, even in offline mode.
#5Number4RocketPosted 11/29/2012 4:20:56 PM
I'm sorry, 10 Humanity in 10 minutes from the DLC.

Probably more if you have 10 humanity by your healthbar.
#6zyrax2301Posted 11/29/2012 4:27:40 PM
Number4Rocket posted...
Estus, ugh, for PvP? Well, certainly not if you invade, and hopefully not when you're invaded unless they humanity heal spam first.
Considering you can get 10 Humanity in 10 minutes from the PvP

Free Estus vs farmed humanity. Hmm.

I'm Chug Estus All Day.
---
Why? Because **** you is why.
#7Number4RocketPosted 11/29/2012 8:55:41 PM
zyrax2301 posted...

Free Estus vs farmed humanity. Hmm.

I'm Chug Estus All Day.

If you're going to chug estus in PvP:
1.) You're doing PvP wrong
2.) Humanity fully restores your health while Estus doesn't anyway.
3.) If you invade, your only (well, primary non-limited) way to heal against a healing opponent is Humanity anyway, so you should probably farm some humanity anyway.
4.) I got 99 Humanity by the end of my NG without even farming. Though I did die on the way and against Manus once or twice, and explored the Abyss on 2 separate occasions, so I killed quite a few of those dark things. But even then, I never went there to intentionally farm.

The real pain in the ass farming comes in the form of Gold Resin, which also happens to be the best item-related buff.
#8caramel_codPosted 11/29/2012 9:39:38 PM
As an invader, my setup is usually-

Humanity
Dung Pie
Blood Red Moss
Blooming Purple Moss
Green Blossom

Black Separation Crystal as my 1st item in the full menu.