PvP Rules of Butterfly Forest

#41AdaSandwichPosted 12/1/2012 2:47:50 AM
I had no idea people actually do duels in the butterfly forest.

Might have to try it out :3

And btw these rules sound ridiculous lol. Aside from the roll-bsing.
#42Cvdf3Posted 12/1/2012 2:57:55 AM(edited)
AdaSandwich posted...
I had no idea people actually do duels in the butterfly forest.

Might have to try it out :3

And btw these rules sound ridiculous lol. Aside from the roll-bsing.

Only rules I have ever followed are no healing and no ganking. Same as everyone (non-randoms at least) I have fought there.
Chainbs is probably a no no too but I can't remember the last time I was worried about chainbs anyway.
Otherwise it seems to be anything goes. I never use TWoP though, so if someone complained about that I wouldn't know.
Rollbs is fair game, wake up hits are fair game, masks are fair game, magic is fair game, weapon buffs are too I guess but I don't ever use them either (though neither do most people there tbh).
---
If you build your shop in front of an arrow trap, sometimes you are going to get shot by an arrow.
#43DreasUltimaPosted 12/1/2012 3:18:05 AM
I'm thinking we should make it throwing knives only. Seems like the next logical step to me.
---
PSN: BrickNdaWall
#44JemoaiPosted 12/1/2012 8:01:56 AM
Lol, I love how people cry about a mid-fight TWoP. Seriously, as soon as you see your opponent cast you have two perfectly safe methods to avoid it. If you are close enough, just run in and BS to interrupt the casting. If you are too far away, just stay out of range for ten seconds and the effect of TWoP is gone. The only way in which I can see TWoP being "cheap" is if they cast it as soon as you spawn with already cast pursuers.
---
PSN/GFWL: Jemoai
http://www.youtube.com/user/Jemoai <--- Dark Souls stuff
#45AwesomeOpossum2Posted 12/1/2012 8:57:47 AM
DreasUltima posted...
I'm thinking we should make it throwing knives only. Seems like the next logical step to me.

---
"The world is cruel to shiny things...". -Lucky
Psn: A-Train1982
#46Frank_PoolePosted 12/1/2012 9:18:43 AM
I actually haven't fought there too much since a somewhat well known twitch bro popped a DB on me after I roll bs'ed him. He said it was because I roll bs'ed his regular r1 attack and that he could have roll bs'ed me "any time he wanted". It was at this point that I kind of gave up on fight clubs and twitch streams for the most part. I mean, I'm competitive and all, but this kind of try hard just kills it for me, and it's why I've avoided most fight clubs and BF since then. No rules, but people seem to be babies about everything when it comes to this game. It's like they think losing is the end of the world.
#47Silent_AlarmPosted 12/1/2012 9:32:54 AM
aneed4peed posted...
Yes it is. It increases the damage of your weapon by a significant amount that you would otherwise not have.

Just to let you know, 190 AR is not significant enough to make GMW over powered. It is more of a convenience than a buff. I personally only have it equipped because on my 16ATN, 15INT toon... I dont have any better choices for my last slot.

y u respond
---
PSN & XBL: AM180
My Demon's/Dark Souls Vids: http://www.youtube.com/user/AM1800?feature=mhee
#48kagebara(Topic Creator)Posted 12/1/2012 3:28:47 PM(edited)
Frank_Poole posted...
I actually haven't fought there too much since a somewhat well known twitch bro popped a DB on me after I roll bs'ed him. He said it was because I roll bs'ed his regular r1 attack and that he could have roll bs'ed me "any time he wanted". It was at this point that I kind of gave up on fight clubs and twitch streams for the most part. I mean, I'm competitive and all, but this kind of try hard just kills it for me, and it's why I've avoided most fight clubs and BF since then. No rules, but people seem to be babies about everything when it comes to this game. It's like they think losing is the end of the world.

Hm, i think i know who you talking about. ;) They keep doing that, so you ain't missing anything interesting by avoiding them.
#49hemphoarderPosted 12/3/2012 8:58:14 AM
Awhsum-Sauce posted...
hemphoarder posted...
kagebara posted...
hemphoarder posted...
You are that ignorant. If you are going to pull out an OP buff you have to be able to pull it off after the duel starts.

Gold tracer is R1 spam so you are guilty on that as well.

Sounds like you need to be playing in the forest.

GMW is not OP.
I don't spam R1. You say i do? Prove it.

Yes it is. It increases the damage of your weapon by a significant amount that you would otherwise not have.

Gold tracer is mirror of Falchion only it has bleed build up as well. The ONLY method of attack with either is to spam R1 and hope for stunlock /high dam output in minimal time.

GG

GMW is stupidly underpowered. You forgot about the gold tracer f + R1, rolling R1, sprinting R1, R2, f + R2, plunging attack, backstab and riposte. Not to mention the left handed moveset. Stop with the stupidity and assumptions. And why the "GG?" You clearly didn't prove your point.

I'm coming back to this. why? because I am bored. Your opinion and "expert advice" went out the window the moment you said tryhard... Go back to COD scrub.

Gold tracer is very weak. VERY. You mean you can use a weapon for more than just R1 pounding??? My mind is blown. The most effective method of attack for it is to catch someone with the R1 and inflict high damage quickly.

I hope nobody else posts in this absurdly stupid thread. Hell I don't know why I responded. Oh well... Who likes cookies?
---
I couldn't care less...
PSN:Sleepyydwarf
#50A-2TheKPosted 12/3/2012 9:01:30 AM
DreasUltima posted...

Lol, those twin dark hand battles people were having a while back were hilarious to host.
---
PSN: A-2TheK
FlameLurker666