What is the poise break point for WoG? For staggers?

#1LuigiohPosted 11/30/2012 9:50:40 AM
Just curious. My wog spam trolling build is coming along nicely, just need a bit of info. I've had the wog>bs used against me a ton and was just wondering what the poise point is to stagger them as oppose to knocking them down.
---
32mg and declining keep it up man you can do this you want this
#2m415mikePosted 11/30/2012 10:09:53 AM
You'll never poise through WotG, at least I'm pretty sure.

I want to say 40 for staggering instead of going flying, but I can't be sure. What SL are you and are you playing on the PS3? I can try picking up the RSS on a character of a similar level and helping you test it.
#3W_S_BurroughsPosted 11/30/2012 10:25:39 AM(edited)
I'm not sure of the exact poise breakpoints, but I think it works roughly like this:

no->moderate poise --> knockdown on first hit
moderate poise -> 121 (full Havel's) --> stagger, knockdown on second successive hit
161 (full Havel's + Wolf ring) --> stagger, stagger, knockdown on third hit

It's one of the few times where you're better off with low poise. I think you probably need 53ish to avoid knockdown on the first hit, but it could be more or less.

Oh and dragon roar will always stagger, regardless of poise
---
smash the control images, smash the control machine.
#4WATAUGACJPosted 11/30/2012 10:38:44 AM
21 poise to not be knocked down iirc
---
PSN: WATAUGACJ, DomhnallOfZena
#5Luigioh(Topic Creator)Posted 11/30/2012 10:41:48 AM
m415mike posted...

I want to say 40 for staggering instead of going flying, but I can't be sure. What SL are you and are you playing on the PS3? I can try picking up the RSS on a character of a similar level and helping you test it.

I am indeed on PS3, SL 98. My psn is RourkeFCC if you want to add me and test with me. I want to try out the whole wog>bs combo and get decent at it. I'll help you test anything you want also, and I'll drop you some slabs and chunks to make it worth your time.
---
#6m415mikePosted 11/30/2012 11:17:14 AM
Luigioh posted...
m415mike posted...

I am indeed on PS3, SL 98. My psn is RourkeFCC if you want to add me and test with me. I want to try out the whole wog>bs combo and get decent at it. I'll help you test anything you want also, and I'll drop you some slabs and chunks to make it worth your time.

Ah, unfortunately, the best I can do is invade you with my SL 60. Do you have any areas where I can invade that I'm not too likely to pop up with someone else?

I'm online now, but I'm just gathering up humanity so I don't die when we try testing.
#7Luigioh(Topic Creator)Posted 11/30/2012 12:44:46 PM
m415mike posted...
Luigioh posted...
m415mike posted...

Ah, unfortunately, the best I can do is invade you with my SL 60. Do you have any areas where I can invade that I'm not too likely to pop up with someone else?

I'm online now, but I'm just gathering up humanity so I don't die when we try testing.

Well, if you use a red soapstone I can get you 100% of the time. Red soap has no upward limit ie a level 700 can summon a level 50 as far as I know. I've done this with levels 5-125 and stuff so we shouldnt have a problem if u have it
---
#8m415mikePosted 11/30/2012 12:54:15 PM
Interesting. I had no clue! I've never used a RSS before. I'll go fetch it really quick.
#9Dex_PyromaniacPosted 11/30/2012 6:51:43 PM
WATAUGACJ posted...
21 poise to not be knocked down iirc

It is
---
GT - Dex Pyromaniac
http://www.youtube.com/user/Dexpyro <===== Dark Souls stuff
#10Aporia_MagePosted 11/30/2012 7:20:41 PM
Both wotg and force will stun any amount of poise,
---
PSN & GT: alainvey