What Did They Do To My Beautiful Rats?!

#1m415mikePosted 11/30/2012 12:41:18 PM
Normally, this isn't the kind of thing I would bring attention to, but it's just so odd. For humanity, I typically farm the depths. 100% of the time, without fail, I would get between three and six humanity per run of rats. I just tried it again right now, and it took me three runs to get two. My item discovery is the same! Did From do anything to affect drop rates?

Like I said, I wouldn't otherwise mention this type of thing. But I've spent hours farming rats in my downtime, and that rate has been completely consistent, and I've never received less than three humanity per run. It's just so odd that, even by some form of terrible luck, the drop rate would plummet by so much.
#2SolidKnightPosted 11/30/2012 12:44:14 PM
It has always been abnormal to get more than one at a time.
#3m415mike(Topic Creator)Posted 11/30/2012 12:48:24 PM
SolidKnight posted...

That sounds like a cold world you live in, friend. I was always able to rack up close to (if not) 99 humanity with only 20 homeward bones.
#4DignatoReRaisedPosted 11/30/2012 12:50:36 PM
m415mike posted...
SolidKnight posted...

That sounds like a cold world you live in, friend. I was always able to rack up close to (if not) 99 humanity with only 20 homeward bones.

Or you could just farm baby skellies/humanity spectres and get 99 with 0 homeward bones.
---
Give me a good enough signature to use, and I'll replace this one.
#5Impaired MedicPosted 11/30/2012 12:51:45 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#6m415mike(Topic Creator)Posted 11/30/2012 12:55:08 PM
DignatoReRaised posted...
m415mike posted...
SolidKnight posted...

Or you could just farm baby skellies/humanity spectres and get 99 with 0 homeward bones.

I used to farm baby skellies. All things considered, it's pretty poor compared to rats. Baby skellies are far more of a threat, more annoying to hit, and have a relatively poor drop-rate.

I don't have access to the DLC.
#7SolidKnightPosted 11/30/2012 1:23:17 PM
A lot of people kill babies for humanity but I found their drop rate to be less than desirable.
#8psiIocyborgPosted 11/30/2012 1:39:19 PM(edited)
If you have dlc access, the abyss humanity phantoms are where it's at. The bonfire is warpable just like depths, and the drop rate is very high. Before you know it you'll be at 99. Downside is you need to be powerful enough to take on Artrorias, where you can access depths quickly.
#9m415mike(Topic Creator)Posted 11/30/2012 1:43:22 PM
psiIocyborg posted...
If you have dlc access, the abyss humanity phantoms are where it's at. The bonfire is warpable just like depths, and the drop rate is very high. Before you know it you'll be at 99. Downside is you need to be powerful enough to take on Artrorias, where you can access depths quickly.

A: Love your name, bro. You seem like a "fun guy"!

B: I don't have access to the DLC. It makes me a very sad person.
#10typhone004Posted 11/30/2012 2:05:11 PM
I fought off those baby skeletons for a little over 10 minutes and got no humanity. I just farm other players for humanity